COMPLETE GROUP: [Russian] Детство by Лев Толстой-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Детство by Leo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/childhood-2-by-leo-tolstoy/

Молодой Лев Толстой только ещё формирует свой стиль, порой делая забавные ошибки, в автобиографической повести "Детство". Повествование ведётся от имени мальчика дворянского сословия, находящегося на домашнем обучении, и насыщено искренним описанием его мыслей и чувств. ( Hanna Ponomarenko)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=rXNGAAAAYAAJ&hl=ru&pg=GBS.PA1
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
    Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Глава [такая-то (первая/ вторая/ третья и т.д.)] повести "История моего детства" из книги "Детство и отрочество" графа Льва Толстого. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок, а также для участия в проекте, пожалуйста, посетите сайт librivox ТОЧКА org."
    • If you wish, say: "Запись сделал(а) [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Глава [такая-то (первая/ вторая/ третья и т.д.)]. [Название главы]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец Главы [такой-то (первой/ второй/ третьей и т.д.)]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Запись сделал(а) [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец повести "История моего детства" из книги "Детство и отрочество" графа Льва Толстого."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    detstvo_##_tolstoy_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. detstvo_01_tolstoy_128kb.mp3)

• Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    • Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  9. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on July 3rd, 2023, 7:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hanna,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
HannaPonomarenko

I think MW is ready. Could we advertise for the readers?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sure! We have just hopped over to Readers Wanted: LOTE
MaryAnn
HannaPonomarenko

Thank you and let's hope smb will get interested)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Hanna, you are having great ideas!
May I DPL this project, please?
If you agree to PL a little too, I would love to record a few chapters :D
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark,
I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: October 27th, 2020, 4:41 pm Hanna, you are having great ideas!
May I DPL this project, please?
If you agree to PL a little too, I would love to record a few chapters :D
Sure! Thank you)
becevka

Post by becevka »

Alrighty, let me start this off by claiming the first section about Karl Ivanych.
Wolfgang Bas
HannaPonomarenko

becevka wrote: November 16th, 2020, 11:57 am Alrighty, let me start this off by claiming the first section about Karl Ivanych.
Thank you very much! It's yours, Wolfgang)
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

Hi Hanna,

I would like to claim Capther II. Maman.
This is my frist recording for Librivox.

I would like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue under my name: Victor Seremet. Also, the link to my personal blog is : https://victorseremet.com

Thank you!
HannaPonomarenko

victorseremet wrote: November 24th, 2020, 7:12 am Hi Hanna,

I would like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue under my name: Victor Seremet. Also, the link to my personal blog is : https://victorseremet.com

Thank you!
Hi again)

I've created your reader's page https://librivox.org/reader/15309?primary_key=15309&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results and assigned Sec 2 to you. I see you've already passed 1 min test so you're cleared to record.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

P.S. It appears you're a great artist!
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: November 24th, 2020, 7:58 am
victorseremet wrote: November 24th, 2020, 7:12 am Hi Hanna,

Thank you!
Hi again)

I've created your reader's page https://librivox.org/reader/15309?primary_key=15309&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results and assigned Sec 2 to you. I see you've already passed 1 min test so you're cleared to record.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. It appears you're a great artist!
Thank you you so much, Hanna!
I am very eager to start recording.