COMPLETE GROUP: [Russian] Детство by Лев Толстой-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 30th, 2021, 5:14 pm
chulsky wrote: January 30th, 2021, 9:58 am
7:30 -- I would add here "сноска ... Такъ онъ безразлично называлъ всѣхъ мужчинъ ... конец сноски," but let Anya express her opinion :-)
I'm in favor to let the reader to decide on footnotes question (to read or not to read). Since the general meaning of the word большак is "the host" http://gramota.ru/slovari/dic/?word=%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BA&all=x
reading without the footnote also makes sence, so let's leave it as Victor read.

Thank you, Mark)
Btw, I only heard this word in last name Большакова of some acquaintance of mine before)
The first and main meaning is "Прямая, широкая грунтовая дорога между населёнными пунктами", and that is how I knew this word until today :-) But of course, let Victor decide!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

Hi Sonia and Chulsky

Thank you for checking. I thought I had it checked exhaustively, but I had missed errors.

I am not sure this is ok enough. I corrected, but is it discreet enough or are the changes too obvious ? For min 2.40 it's ok, and for 9.25 too. It was easy.
But what do you think about 2.12 and 9.14 ? Does it seem too obvious for you ? It's not easy to be on the same level with the exact same sound...
I think it's not too bad, but it's far from perfect.

Tell me if I have to do it again more subtely...

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/detstvo_17_tolstoy_128kb.mp3

It's 11:13 minutes long now.

Have a nice day.

Dominique
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

DomDom wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 9:59 am
I think it's not too bad, but it's far from perfect.
Dear Dominique, you did a fine job fixing the glitches, the section is definitely PL OK :clap:
We are not a commercial projects (even though we often offer a comparable quality at a lower price :-)). As long as the listeners can make sense of what they hear, and it matches what the writer wrote, we are fine. :D
However, if you wish to make your patches less noticeable, you could try (later, not now) in Audacity:
:idea: Effect > Amplify (to make your voice louder or quieter)
:idea: Effect > Change Pitch (to make your voice higher or lower)
:idea: Effect > Change Tempo (to make your speech faster or slower)
Hope this helps, good luck!
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

Thank you Chulsky.

Is it Mark?

I’ll try. But I see how to use it for the whole file. Not for just a glued correction.
Well. I could use a second file but I usually try to glue my corrections at the end of the old file. As I don’t know how to glue from one file to another. 😕

I wouldn’t say I master Audacity... 🤓

Have a nice evening

Dominique
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

I am sorry Anya,

I keep calling you Sonia (who is the one for the French projects).
:oops:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

DomDom wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 3:07 pm Is it Mark?
Yes, Mark would do too :D
I’ll try. But I see how to use it for the whole file. Not for just a glued correction.
Well. I could use a second file but I usually try to glue my corrections at the end of the old file. As I don’t know how to glue from one file to another. 😕
Try to select a fragment with the mouse, the Effects would be applied to the fragment.
Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V work for copy and paste, just like for text, in the same file or between files. 8-)
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

DomDom wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 3:10 pm I am sorry Anya,

I keep calling you Sonia (who is the one for the French projects).
:oops:
Sonia is my friend, so you just made me smile :)
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

[/quote]Try to select a fragment with the mouse, the Effects would be applied to the fragment.
Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V work for copy and paste, just like for text, in the same file or between files. 8-)
[/quote]

Thank you Mark.
I see I’ll be an expert ... soon.
And ... I think I found how to quote !

:hmm: Well. Not quite. Yet.
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

Phew!

HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

DomDom wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 12:37 am Phew!

I see you're on the way to become a pro 8-) Quote button is also very helpful) One may select a text while composing a message and click on quote button.
DomDom

Post by DomDom »

Post by HannaPonomarenko » Today, 11:10 am
One may select a text while composing a message and click on quote button.
It worked ! :clap: :thumbs:

Thank you !

Dominique
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

chulsky wrote: January 30th, 2021, 9:58 am Hello, Victor. Again, excellent reading, just a few little notes:
1:35 -- "безпрестанно", I hear "безпрестPанно" (modern spelling "беспрестанно," means "non-stop")
5:25 -- again, "безпрестанно", I hear "безпрестPанно" (you did it right at 10:45!)
7:25 -- stress: "травИть", I hear "трAвить"
7:30 -- I would add here "сноска ... Такъ онъ безразлично называлъ всѣхъ мужчинъ ... конец сноски," but let Anya express her opinion :-)
7:50 -- "хотѣлъ," I hear "хотѣлъ бы"
Thank you!
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your review and notes.
Here is the corrected file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/detstvo_05_tolstoy_128kb.mp3
Duration: 11:36
HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 30th, 2021, 5:14 pm I'm in favor to let the reader to decide on footnotes question (to read or not to read). Since the general meaning of the word большак is "the host" http://gramota.ru/slovari/dic/?word=%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BA&all=x
reading without the footnote also makes sence, so let's leave it as Victor read.
Hi Anya,

Thank you for your confirmation
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Victor, Sec.5 is PL OK. I submit to Anya's decision :)
However, after taking another look, I see that the footnote is written by Tolstoy himself, not by an unnamed editor. Therefore I feel it was not right to leave the footnote out. Just my two cents. :)