COMPLETE [FULL, RUSSIAN, GROUP] Дмитрий Веневитинов. Стихи.-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Стихи Дмитрия Веневитинова (1805 - 1827).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/Poems-by-dmitry-venevitinov/
Разносторонне талантливый Веневитинов умер в 21 год от пневмонии. «Душа разрывается,— писал князь Одоевский,— я плачу как ребенок». Пушкин пенял его друзьям: «Как вы допу­стили его умереть?»
Его небольшое, но драгоценное наследие в виде стихов, прозы, пьесы, критики поместилось в один том. В этот проект включены только стихи.

The source book presents the complete works, including prose, drama, and literary criticism of Venevitinov, who died of pneumonia at an age of 21. The best minds grieved passing of a youth of such exceptionally promising gifts. Only his poetry is targeted in this project.
(Mark Chulsky)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension.

Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://imwerden.de/publ-970.html
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
    Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Стихи Дмитрия Веневитинова. Секция [#]. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец [#] секции]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец книги стихов Дмитрия Веневитинова. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    poems_##_venevitinov_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. poems_01_venevitinov_128kb.mp3)
  9. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  10. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on July 1st, 2020, 11:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, MaryAnn!
I filled out the MW, but not sure, are the titles mandatory for every section? There are no natural titles, but I could do artificial ones if necessary.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Will you be the DPL, Mark, or are you looking for one?

Michael
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark,
Yes, you need a title for every section. Can you use the first line of the poem? Or Poem 1, Poem 2, etc?
MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Kazbek wrote: June 20th, 2020, 4:35 pm Will you be the DPL, Mark, or are you looking for one?

Michael
Misha, that's great, you would be a perfect DPL, thank you! :9:
MaryAnn, no problem, will do the titles tomorrow! Thank you!
Last edited by chulsky on June 21st, 2020, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Great. Amazingly, I don't think I've ever read a single poem of his. Which flavor of standard PL are you looking for? Including sense-altering deviations from the text? Anything else beyond the standard instructions?

Misha
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Misha, I am asking for a standard PL, the rest is up to you. Do you have time / desire to follow the text? I know you are comfortable with the old Cyrillics, and the sections will be short. OTOH, you probably would detect sense-altering deviations by ear.
I put some instructions in the Notes field of the MW, but you may notice other issues. I trust your judgement, or we could discuss them here.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

chulsky wrote: June 21st, 2020, 4:38 am Do you have time / desire to follow the text?
Sure. It's not a very long text. :)

Misha
LenaSukhaya

Post by LenaSukhaya »

Марк, запишите меня на 11, 13 и 15, пожалуйста. Почитала - эти мне больше всего понравились :)
С уважением, Лена
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

LenaSukhaya wrote: June 27th, 2020, 5:45 pm Марк, запишите меня на 11, 13 и 15, пожалуйста. Почитала - эти мне больше всего понравились :)
Чудесно!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:39 pm Hi)
I want to read Sec 3.
You have it, Hanna! :9:
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

chulsky wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:50 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:39 pm Hi)
I want to read Sec 3.
You have it, Hanna! :9:
Thanks, Mark ;)
LenaSukhaya

Post by LenaSukhaya »

С уважением, Лена