[ARABIC] كليلة ودمنة (Kalila wa dimna)-annise

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
Post Reply
Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 22nd, 2020, 11:56 am

SaraHale wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 11:19 pm
Houryology wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Hello :), here's section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_5_ibnalmuqaffa.mp3

Length 21:49
Hey Hourya, It's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry for taking so long to hear your beautiful recording but I had a lot on my plate lately. I have PL notes for you. But feel free to judge what you would like to correct.

First the file's name
kalilawadimna_05_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3, yours is missing 0 (as Michael mentioned) but it is also missing "128kb".

I've also noticed your Name under Contributing Artists. We don't add Metadata Tags when we export the files as this is done automatically. Just double-check this part with Michael.

@00:13 - Dot org not نقطة org. I think Dot is a familiar word for native Arabic speakers to hear when they hear a website.

@2:32 - عندما نسبه الى البهائم This part is missed from the recording.

@2:48 - ولا اي نتيجة I hear او instead of ولا

@2:53 - هذا الكتاب فأنه I hear فأن instead of فأنه

@2:53 - استتم I hear استتِم instead of استتَم

@3:36 - أصيب منهُ I hear بها instead of منهُ

@3:49 - في إراحه I hear راحه instead of إراحه

@5:12 - والفطنة I hear الفتنة instead of الفطنة

@5:48 - I hear العقل instead of العاقل

@6:05 - I hear أن مثلهُ instead of كان مثلهُ

@7:21 - اهواءً double-check this one for me.

@9:43 - لا يعلَوَ double-check this one for me.

@12:27 - وعليه the و is unclear for me.

@12:43 - I hear من كن instead of من كُن

@12:51 - I hear ورَب instead of ورُب

@16:39 - missed في in اذا كان في

@17:44 - I hear الذى instead of الثلاثة الذين

@17:48 - I hear فتنازعو instead of فتنازعوه

@20:56 - I hear احدهما instead of احدها

@21:45 - missed saying نهايه الفصل الـ5
Hey Sara :)
Thanks for listening, i'll try to correct the mistakes

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 22nd, 2020, 12:12 pm

Kazbek wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 5:28 am
Houryology wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Hello :), here's section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_5_ibnalmuqaffa.mp3

Length 21:49
Quoting this message, to make sure Hourya sees it...

Thanks for the careful PL, Sara!

Hourya, just to reiterate a point that Sara has made. She listed things that you may want to be aware of in case you decide to change them in your recording. You don't have to make all these changes. The PL level for this book is "standard" rather than "word-perfect", which means that we leave it to the reader's discretion how closely they want to keep to the text (assuming they're actually reading from the same text :)). A good rule of thumb that many of us follow is that any deviations from the text that don't change its meaning are acceptable and there's no need to correct them. Let us know if you need advice about which of the points Sara listed merit an edit.

On two points in particular, I would like to ask for your advice, Hourya. I've borrowed the intro with the words " دوت اورج" from an earlier Arabic project, but now I'm wondering if that is the best choice for readers from around the world. As a representative of Arabic-speaking countries where the second language is French, does "دوت" sound natural to your ears, or do you prefer "نقطة"? This is also a question for you, Sara. Does "نقطة" sound natural to your ears? In any case, I don't think there's need to change that word in your recording, Hourya. A second point of the intro I'm wondering about is the word "اورج". It seems to reflect Egyptian pronunciation. As a representative of Arabic-speaking countries, which are... well, not Egypt, :) does that spelling make sense to you, Hourya, or would it make more sense to spell this word out in Latin letters?

Finally, Hourya, please do not re-record your whole section (as some readers do the first time they see PL notes). For the changes that you decide to make, you can magnify the sound wave, select just the word that you'd like to replace (or a few words, if it's easier to replace them all), re-record them in another window, select and delete the old version and paste in the new one. (This is how it works in Audacity; it's probably similar in other audio-editing programs, though there may be some variations.) Don't worry if the edit doesn't sound seamless -- there's no expectation of that on LV. Also, please let Sara know which of the changes on her list you've decided to make (or decided to leave as is, if that list is shorter), so she can spot-check just those parts of your recording.

Let me know if you need any help and thanks again for your contribution!

Michael
Hi Michael
Thank you for your precious comments.
I personnaly don't have a preference, but I've decided to use "نقطة" since the book is read in Arabic. Also i'd like to mention that Arabic-speaking countries where the second language is French find " point" more natural than "dot"

Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 22nd, 2020, 2:43 pm

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:57 am
Hi,
Here is my recording of section 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_13_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Recording length: 24:51
Thank you, Khaled!

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 22nd, 2020, 2:51 pm

Houryology wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:12 pm
I personnaly don't have a preference, but I've decided to use "نقطة" since the book is read in Arabic. Also i'd like to mention that Arabic-speaking countries where the second language is French find " point" more natural than "dot"
Thank you, Hourya and Sara, for your comments. I've updated the instructions to include "نقطة" as an alternative for "dot". This will hopefully cover all regional preferences.

Michael

SaraHale
Posts: 1083
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » June 22nd, 2020, 9:19 pm

Kazbek wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 2:51 pm
Houryology wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:12 pm
I personnaly don't have a preference, but I've decided to use "نقطة" since the book is read in Arabic. Also i'd like to mention that Arabic-speaking countries where the second language is French find " point" more natural than "dot"
Thank you, Hourya and Sara, for your comments. I've updated the instructions to include "نقطة" as an alternative for "dot". This will hopefully cover all regional preferences.

:thumbs: Thanks, Michael.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

SaraHale wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 11:19 pm
Houryology wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Hello :), here's section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_5_ibnalmuqaffa.mp3

Length 21:49
Hey Hourya, It's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry for taking so long to hear your beautiful recording but I had a lot on my plate lately. I have PL notes for you. But feel free to judge what you would like to correct.

First the file's name
kalilawadimna_05_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3, yours is missing 0 (as Michael mentioned) but it is also missing "128kb".

I've also noticed your Name under Contributing Artists. We don't add Metadata Tags when we export the files as this is done automatically. Just double-check this part with Michael.

@00:13 - Dot org not نقطة org. I think Dot is a familiar word for native Arabic speakers to hear when they hear a website.

@2:32 - عندما نسبه الى البهائم This part is missed from the recording.

@2:48 - ولا اي نتيجة I hear او instead of ولا

@2:53 - هذا الكتاب فأنه I hear فأن instead of فأنه

@2:53 - استتم I hear استتِم instead of استتَم

@3:36 - أصيب منهُ I hear بها instead of منهُ

@3:49 - في إراحه I hear راحه instead of إراحه

@5:12 - والفطنة I hear الفتنة instead of الفطنة

@5:48 - I hear العقل instead of العاقل

@6:05 - I hear أن مثلهُ instead of كان مثلهُ

@7:21 - اهواءً double-check this one for me.

@9:43 - لا يعلَوَ double-check this one for me.

@12:27 - وعليه the و is unclear for me.

@12:43 - I hear من كن instead of من كُن

@12:51 - I hear ورَب instead of ورُب

@16:39 - missed في in اذا كان في

@17:44 - I hear الذى instead of الثلاثة الذين

@17:48 - I hear فتنازعو instead of فتنازعوه

@20:56 - I hear احدهما instead of احدها

@21:45 - missed saying نهايه الفصل الـ5
Hey Sara ^^

I've corrected all the mistakes except from 5:11 الفطنة and 7:21 اهواءً (they sounded right to me)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_05_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

length 21:45

Thank you for your time

Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 27th, 2020, 10:26 am

Houryology wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

Hey Sara ^^

I've corrected all the mistakes except from 5:11 الفطنة and 7:21 اهواءً (they sounded right to me)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_05_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

length 21:45

Thank you for your time
Thank you, Hourya! The Magic Window is updated.

Michael

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 28th, 2020, 6:20 am


Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 28th, 2020, 7:04 am

Houryology wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 6:20 am
Hi Sara :)

Here's section 23
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_23_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3
Length 6:18
Thank you, Hourya!

Michael

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 28th, 2020, 9:12 am

Kazbek wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 7:04 am
Houryology wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 6:20 am
Hi Sara :)

Here's section 23
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_23_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3
Length 6:18
Thank you, Hourya!

Michael
Hi Michael

I'd like to claim section 22

Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 28th, 2020, 9:18 am

Houryology wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:12 am
Hi Michael

I'd like to claim section 22
Great. Thanks, Hourya!

Michael

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 29th, 2020, 2:02 pm


Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 29th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Houryology wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Hi :)

Here's section 22

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_22_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

recording length: 12:10
Thank you, Hourya!

Michael

Houryology
Posts: 20
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 5:52 am
Location: Morocco

Post by Houryology » June 30th, 2020, 1:02 am

Kazbek wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Houryology wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Hi :)

Here's section 22

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_22_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

recording length: 12:10
Thank you, Hourya!

Michael
Hi Michael :)

I'd like to claim section 21

Kazbek
Posts: 1620
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » June 30th, 2020, 4:47 am

Houryology wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 1:02 am
Hi Michael :)

I'd like to claim section 21
Great! Thank you, Hourya. :)

Michael

Post Reply