[ARABIC] كليلة ودمنة (Kalila wa dimna)-annise

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
SaraHale
Posts: 1045
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » April 30th, 2020, 10:10 am

Kazbek wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 8:39 am
Oh, I just like learning languages and enjoying literature in the original. Arabic was the first non-Indo-European language I learned because of its rich literary tradition.

Michael
That's great! I like languages but not so much as learn more than three. So, kudos to you. :clap:
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

Kazbek
Posts: 490
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 30th, 2020, 8:05 pm

SaraHale wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 10:10 am
That's great! I like languages but not so much as learn more than three. So, kudos to you. :clap:
Kudos to you, too! Three languages is more than the vast majority of people will learn. :)

Michael

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Hello,
May I claim section 13 of this book?
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

SaraHale
Posts: 1045
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » May 6th, 2020, 7:04 am

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 6:35 am
Hello,
May I claim section 13 of this book?
Hello, Dr. Khaled!

How are you doing? I'm happy you'll join this project. Have you started your medical practice yet?
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 6th, 2020, 7:28 am

SaraHale wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:04 am
khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 6:35 am
Hello,
May I claim section 13 of this book?
Hello, Dr. Khaled!

How are you doing? I'm happy you'll join this project. Have you started your medical practice yet?
Hi Sara,
I am doing great, thanks a lot. Thanks to Allah I am now a cardiology resident at National Institute of Diabetes & Endocrinology in Cairo. If you remember I once wanted to go solo on this book so I am very excited to be part of recording and I will do my best.
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

SaraHale
Posts: 1045
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » May 6th, 2020, 7:43 am

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:28 am
Hi Sara,
I am doing great, thanks a lot. Thanks to Allah I am now a cardiology resident at National Institute of Diabetes & Endocrinology in Cairo. If you remember I once wanted to go solo on this book so I am very excited to be part of recording and I will do my best.
Congratulations! That's good news. I believe we are neighbors. Your hospital is less than an hour away from where I live.

Yes, I remember. Feel free to claim as many sections as you can. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

Kazbek
Posts: 490
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 6th, 2020, 7:47 am

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 6:35 am
Hello,
May I claim section 13 of this book?
Hi Khaled,

Thanks! I've assigned you section 13, الباب الثالث : البوم والغربان ، الجزء الاول

I'm happy to hear of your interest in the book. Needless to say, you're welcome to read as many sections as you like!

I see that you're a LV veteran, but it's been a while since your last contribution. If you'd like to do another 1-Minute Test to verify that your software settings haven't changed, I can check that for you. Otherwise, happy reading! :D

Michael

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 6th, 2020, 8:00 am

Kazbek wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:47 am
khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 6:35 am
Hello,
May I claim section 13 of this book?
Hi Khaled,

Thanks! I've assigned you section 13, الباب الثالث : البوم والغربان ، الجزء الاول

I'm happy to hear of your interest in the book. Needless to say, you're welcome to read as many sections as you like!

I see that you're a LV veteran, but it's been a while since your last contribution. If you'd like to do another 1-Minute Test to verify that your software settings haven't changed, I can check that for you. Otherwise, happy reading! :D

Michael
Hello Kazbek,

Thank you for your kind words.
Regarding the 1-minute-test, I have already recorded section 24 of this book so if possible you can assign this section to me and hear it after I upload it instead of the test.
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

Kazbek
Posts: 490
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 6th, 2020, 8:06 am

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:00 am
Hello Kazbek,

Thank you for your kind words.
Regarding the 1-minute-test, I have already recorded section 24 of this book so if possible you can assign this section to me and hear it after I upload it instead of the test.
Perfect! It is assigned. :)

Michael

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

Kazbek
Posts: 490
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 6th, 2020, 1:38 pm

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hello, here is section 24


https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_24_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Length is 04:08
Thank you, Khaled! It's in the MW. Since it's a regular contribution, I'll yield the floor to our DPL to check the technical paramaters. :D

Michael

SaraHale
Posts: 1045
Joined: June 17th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Egypt

Post by SaraHale » May 7th, 2020, 12:11 pm

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hello, here is section 24


https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_24_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Length is 04:08
Good evening, Dr. Khaled.

Nice recording! But there is background noise of 50.8 dB, according to Checker (happens with me all the time). Do you have Checker on your computer? If not, you can have it from here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker


Here's a tutorial on how to reduce it: https://youtu.be/rvhqw7zBmEo

My Noise Reduction settings are:

Noise Reduction: 12
Sensitivity: 6.00
Frequency: 3

I've applied Noise Reduction twice on your recording, each time with a new noise sample.

Please let me know if you need any help.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 7th, 2020, 3:23 pm

SaraHale wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 12:11 pm
khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hello, here is section 24


https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_24_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Length is 04:08
Good evening, Dr. Khaled.

Nice recording! But there is background noise of 50.8 dB, according to Checker (happens with me all the time). Do you have Checker on your computer? If not, you can have it from here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker


Here's a tutorial on how to reduce it: https://youtu.be/rvhqw7zBmEo

My Noise Reduction settings are:

Noise Reduction: 12
Sensitivity: 6.00
Frequency: 3

I've applied Noise Reduction twice on your recording, each time with a new noise sample.

Please let me know if you need any help.
Hello Sara,
Thank your very much for your invaluable information. I do have checker in my computer but the thing is I have totally forgotten to check the background noise option in validation tests. I will try to reduce it with your settings and if still not working I will re-record it in someplace quieter :)
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

khaledfouad1993
Posts: 31
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Contact:

Post by khaledfouad1993 » May 7th, 2020, 3:40 pm

khaledfouad1993 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Hello, here is section 24


https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_24_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Length is 04:08
Hello,

Here is section 24 after reducing background noise


https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalilawadimna_24_ibnalmuqaffa_128kb.mp3

Length is 04:08
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)

Kazbek
Posts: 490
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 7th, 2020, 3:44 pm

Thanks, Khaled. I've updated the MW.

Michael

Post Reply