[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos Phantasticos - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty.

I just uploaded section 9 "Um erro no kalendario". 18 minutes and 38 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_09_braga_128kb.mp3

BTW, sorry for the error when uploading last time. I hope it is OK now.

Thank you for signing me up for "Revelação de um carater".
Kitty wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 1:41 pm Have a good Christmas celebration
I wish you also a very happy Christmas.

Rachel :D
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm I just uploaded section 9 "Um erro no kalendario". 18 minutes and 38 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_09_braga_128kb.mp3
BTW, sorry for the error when uploading last time. I hope it is OK now.
it is totally PL ok, thank you so much for this great reading, Rachel :9: Wow and what a forcefully sad story :shock: Poor Hernanda. I knew it would be a tragic story when I heard it was abou the Inquisition times, but this... :( Powerfully emotional.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ok Dyefferson, I had a bit of time and I noticed I still haven't given you feedback on your section. First of all your reading is very clear to understand and very fluent. Well done there.

But before we can accept this section, there are a few things that need correction:

> first the technical issues (which I already mentioned in your one-minute test) :

> your bitrate is variable but we need 128 kbps constant. This can get changed while exporting to mp3. I remember you managed to change this in your test.

> the volume is not loud enough, only 83.7 dB average, some parts are even softer. You need to amplify with 3 dB at least (preferably 4) to get to a good average

> the background noise is quite pronounced, I would suggest a round of noise-cleaning. I gave you the step-by-step instructions for that and the volume in your test: viewtopic.php?p=1526500#p1526500

> all throughout the recording I can hear people talking in the background, especially in the latter 4 or 5 minutes this is getting very pronounced and distracting a bit from the text. Maybe have a listen to that part again and some sentences could be re-recorded where too many people are speaking.

Basically you need to be in a room that is shut off from outside noises, as much as possible. Or if there are noises, like passing cars, lawn mowing or TVs talking, you have to wait until they are done to continue recording. These noises are difficult to eliminate with simple noise cleaning :?

Please, if you re-record any sentences, note down which sentences and at what time stamp they are, so I can do a Spot PL at those places. It will save me time to re-listen to it all. Each change you make to your recording, you have to note it down for the prooflistener.

> secondly there are only 2 textual errors, for the rest you have done a word-perfect reading. Very good:

> at 10:28: stumble and repeat: "em serviço medico no hospital" - the stumble in "medico" could be cut out

> at 11:24: you forgot the end disclaimer "Fim da seção 16"

I created your reader page finally, you can find your section here. https://librivox.org/reader/13000

Please make the necessary corrrections and then all will be fine with your recording. Give it the exact same file name and reupload to the same project. And please always state the length of a recording when posting the link.

Thanks

Sonia
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty.
I just uploaded section 11 -Revelação de um caracter. 19 minutes and 49 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_11_braga_128kb.mp3.

I hope it's everything OK. Otherwise I am here, ready to correct whatever it is.

Could I claim section 5 "Beijos por facadas" (sad facts from Lope de Vega's life)?

Thanks.

Rachel 8-)
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: December 29th, 2018, 8:24 am Could I claim section 5 "Beijos por facadas" (sad facts from Lope de Vega's life)?
of course, thank you, Rachel. Also for your section. I will try to listen to it today still

Have fun

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: December 29th, 2018, 8:24 am I just uploaded section 11 -Revelação de um caracter. 19 minutes and 49 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_11_braga_128kb.mp3.
I hope it's everything OK. Otherwise I am here, ready to correct whatever it is.
thank you, Rachel, I listened to the chapter and it was perfectly narrated again, no textual error at all. :thumbs: Totally PL ok. Thank you so much for another great reading.

Have a good end-of-year celebration, in case I don't hear from you this year again :lol:

Sonia
JefersonD

Post by JefersonD »

Hi Kitty,

Unfortunately I had a very tumultuous end of the year and due to this I will not be able to deliver my part in time. I had some health problems that are slow to improve.

Therefore, i will not be able to record my part, so i ask you to make it available to another volunteer.

I apologize sincerely and know that this is a bad way to start, but unfortunately I could not predict chance. :(

I count with your comprehension.
I am really sorry.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello Jeferson, and thank you for your notice ! I appreciate. I have written you a PM a few weeks ago to ask what's up, but you seem not have gotten the notification.
Unfortunately I had a very tumultuous end of the year and due to this I will not be able to deliver my part in time. I had some health problems that are slow to improve.
I am very sorry to hear about your health problems :( and I sincerely hope that matters will improve now with the new year.
Therefore, i will not be able to record my part, so i ask you to make it available to another volunteer.
I apologize sincerely and know that this is a bad way to start, but unfortunately I could not predict chance. :(
do NOT worry or stress yourself at all about this. It's not a problem opening the section up for some other volunteer. Just concentrate on getting better and if time permits, you can always claim a new section some day soon. :9: If this project is finished by then, there'll always be a new one.

Wishing you all the best, and feel free to join us any time again !

Happy New Year. :)

Sonia
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

Hello everyone,

This sounds like a nice project. Could I take sections 13 and 15, please?

Thank you and Happy New Year everyone.

Sandra
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

PL needed for Portuguese Solo Project - Lendas dos Vegetaes viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75802
JefersonD

Post by JefersonD »

Kitty wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 7:55 am hello Jeferson, and thank you for your notice ! I appreciate. I have written you a PM a few weeks ago to ask what's up, but you seem not have gotten the notification.
I am very sorry to hear about your health problems :( and I sincerely hope that matters will improve now with the new year.
do NOT worry or stress yourself at all about this. It's not a problem opening the section up for some other volunteer. Just concentrate on getting better and if time permits, you can always claim a new section some day soon. :9: If this project is finished by then, there'll always be a new one.

Wishing you all the best, and feel free to join us any time again !

Happy New Year. :)

Sonia
Hello again Sonia,

Sorry, i didn't saw the PM at time.

I'm sure that i will join to a project as soon as possible.

I thank you alot for the understanding, you are such a good person. :clap:

Happy New Year for you too, i hope that 2019 brings you alot of good moments. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sailormoon wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 4:11 pm Hello everyone,
Sandra
oh my, I'm so sorry, Sandra, I completely overlooked your claim. :oops: Happy New Year and a warm welcome to this project, of course. And hey, you're from Portugal ! All the other readers so far are from Brazil, if I'm not mistaken. Except for one Italian. So you'll back the European side a bit. :mrgreen:

I will sign you up for those two sections, of course. Thank you so much for your interest, and sorry again. You should have nudged me again after a day. ;)

Have fun ! And I'm looking forward to your narratives. :)

Sonia
sailormoon

Post by sailormoon »

Kitty wrote: January 7th, 2019, 12:32 pm
sailormoon wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 4:11 pm Hello everyone,
Sandra
oh my, I'm so sorry, Sandra, I completely overlooked your claim. :oops: Happy New Year and a warm welcome to this project, of course. And hey, you're from Portugal ! All the other readers so far are from Brazil, if I'm not mistaken. Except for one Italian. So you'll back the European side a bit. :mrgreen:

I will sign you up for those two sections, of course. Thank you so much for your interest, and sorry again. You should have nudged me again after a day. ;)

Have fun ! And I'm looking forward to your narratives. :)

Sonia
Hello Sonia,

No worries. I'm not new to LV, though I haven't been around in quite a while, so don't worry about not getting back to me right away. It's not always easy I know :)
Thank you so much and I'll get round to recording the sections soon, and thanks for welcoming me to the project.

Sandra :thumbs:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

PL needed for Portuguese Solo Project - Lendas dos Vegetaes viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75802
lianamilk

Post by lianamilk »

Hello :D

Section 12 is ready below! (Duration -> 18:35)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_12_braga_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lianamilk wrote: January 14th, 2019, 8:43 am Section 12 is ready below! (Duration -> 18:35)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_12_braga_128kb.mp3
thank you Liana :9: updating MW for now, will try to PL tomorrow, I have a bit of a backlog right now

Sonia
JorgeLSNunes

Post by JorgeLSNunes »

Olá!
Meu nome é Jorge Luis.
Sou novo aqui, então, é minha primeira vez.

Gostaria de fazer a leitura da seção 4, Lava de um craneo.

Abraço.

Jorge Luis