[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos Phantasticos - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty.
I am really excited. Here is my first recording for LibriVox.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_10_braga_128kb.mp3
It is about 16 minutes and 52 seconds long (16'52").

Hoping it is not toooooo bad.
Rachel
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 21st, 2018, 2:39 pm Brianna, (and Sonia for information)
I uploaded again sec 2, just adding the initial 0,5s and the final 5s, without any other alteration, as discussed with Sonia, I have inserted the seconds myself, to save you some time, and it is ready for Spot PL now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3
(21:03 m now)
thank you, Pier, for helping out here. I downloaded the latest file and now the 5 seconds are in. Section 2 is PL ok now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 21st, 2018, 8:57 pm I am really excited. Here is my first recording for LibriVox.
wonderful, you are very quick ! Pier is the DPL (prooflistener) for this project, so he will listen to the section as soon as he has time and give you feedback. I can tell you already, I had a little peep inside your file and the beginning already sounds very nice. I can hear your enthusiasm. :9:

But for details, let's wait for Pier to have a listen.

Thank you

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Thank you!
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 21st, 2018, 8:57 pm I am really excited. Here is my first recording for LibriVox.
Very good, very well and flowing read. I liked it. :clap:
I am just perhaps a little too finicky on details, but I noticed a few very slight differences between what you read and the written text.
They are usually not very important as far as they do not change the general meaning of the text.
I would just ask you to insert the word “eterna” at 10:05,0 before the words “da gravidade, que sobre nós pésa”
Could you make this small correction, and than reload the file?

OK for Pl for all the rest! :thumbs:

Pier
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Pier. Hi Kitty

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy my first recording for Librivox was not that bad.

I just up loaded section 10, with the correction done. It is 16 minutes and 51 seconds long.

In a few minutes I will be sending also section 17.
Anything to correct, just tell me and I will try to do it as quick as possible.

It is really wonderful to do something new. A real challenge now and then is always good for the soul.

Rachel 8-)
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty. Hi Pier.

Just sent my recording of section 17, which is 17 minutes and 31 seconds long. I tried to keep the same rhythm of section 10, but I'm not quite sure that I succeeded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_17_braga_128kb.mp3

Waiting for your evaluation.

Rachel
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Kitty,
do you think I could have also sections 6 (A ogiva sombria) and 9 (Um erro no kalendario)? Or am I been too greedy? :wink:

Rachel
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 24th, 2018, 7:43 pm do you think I could have also sections 6 (A ogiva sombria) and 9 (Um erro no kalendario)? Or am I been too greedy? :wink:
no this is not greedy at all, and I love it that you liked the process of recording and have fun :9: I am happy that you want to do more sections. I will assign them to you.

Just one question for your "corrected" section 10. Can you confirm that you ONLY corrected the spots (the sentence) that Pier has pointed out ? You did NOT re-record the whole text new, right ? It's just that sometimes new reader think they need to re-record it all, but that is actually not very time-efficient, because first it's too much work for the reader and second, the prooflistener has to listen to it ALL again, because there may be new errors in other parts.

I am thinking you only corrected one sentence, but I want to make sure (better safe than sorry ;) )

And enjoy your next two sections !!!

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 24th, 2018, 6:49 pm Hi Pier. Hi Kitty

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy my first recording for Librivox was not that bad.

I just up loaded section 10, with the correction done. It is 16 minutes and 51 seconds long.

It is really wonderful to do something new. A real challenge now and then is always good for the soul.
Rachel 8-)
It's fine! :thumbs:
PL OK
I am really glad you enjoy doing it! :D
I'll read your other section as soon as possible.
Pier
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty. Hi Pier.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm really having fun recording, editing, learning how to use new (for me) software (Audacity) and overcoming my challenges.

Sorry Kitty, but I don't know, yet, how to quote in this post. I'm referring to your question about re-recording every thing. No, I did'nt do it. I re-recorded only the paragraph were the missing word (and another error) was. And took time to learn how to balance the sound to not to be too different from the whole recording. I really like doing it, learning new things bit by bit.

I will record one more section as soon as possible.

Rachel :9:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm Hi Kitty. Hi Pier.

Just sent my recording of section 17, which is 17 minutes and 31 seconds long. I tried to keep the same rhythm of section 10, but I'm not quite sure that I succeeded.

Waiting for your evaluation.

Rachel
Very good indeed once more. :D
Just a couple of very small remarks to make it perfect:

At 3:46 “conhecer” is not very clear to me, I hear more something like “conheces”
At 7:27 I think “uma” is missing before “horrivel flexibilidade”

Check these two points, and if you agree make the small corrections.

I have seen in section 10 that you made, in a correct way, just the correction were required. Also the volume balance inserting the correction was good! :9:

May I ask one thing, if I am not too indiscreet? I am just a little curious, trying to identify your accent: are you from Brazil, perhaps from Rio? Maybe anyway I am just mistaken,

You read very well and quite fast but very fluently. Sometimes I must confess that, being Italian as mother language, I have some problems hearing well some small words as “o” in “o lençol” at 11:20. But listening again I notice that the word o” is there even if half-hidden. But this doesn’t affect at all the good understanding of the text, and so it is all right.

Looking forward to listen to your next sections.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 25th, 2018, 8:39 amSorry Kitty, but I don't know, yet, how to quote in this post.
look at the post you want to quote, then push the button with the " (quotation marks) on it. Then you have the sentences quoted.
I'm referring to your question about re-recording every thing. No, I did'nt do it. I re-recorded only the paragraph were the missing word (and another error) was. And took time to learn how to balance the sound to not to be too different from the whole recording. I really like doing it, learning new things bit by bit.
thank you, this is excellent. Just the way we want it and the way it's most easy to check and Spot check :thumbs: you're doing great.

see you soon

Sonia
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Kitty wrote: November 25th, 2018, 10:28 am look at the post you want to quote, then push the button with the " (quotation marks) on it. Then you have the sentences quoted.
Done it. Thanks a lot. :thumbs:

Rachel
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Pier.
I just uploaded the recording with the corrections you appointed
rachelmoraes wrote: November 25th, 2018, 2:03 pm At 3:46 “conhecer” is not very clear to me, I hear more something like “conheces”
At 7:27 I think “uma” is missing before “horrivel flexibilidade”

But I must say I think that the first recording I uploaded sounded more natural. :wink:

BTW, you said I read quite fast. Good to know it, for I though it was too slow. I will try to do the next text - A ogiva sombria - slower. I think it will suit better a text about a gothic cathedral . And have a different pace from these two I've already done. I still don't know if I will succeed, but I will try,
Iunta4Ios wrote: November 25th, 2018, 8:57 am May I ask one thing, if I am not too indiscreet? I am just a little curious, trying to identify your accent: are you from Brazil, perhaps from Rio? Maybe anyway I am just mistaken,
Not indiscreet at all. Yes, I'm from Brasil, from Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte. But I've lived in such an amount of places that it seems I have already lost any accent from anywhere. 8-)

Rachel