[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos Phantasticos - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 2:40 am Can I claim sections 18 and 3?
thank you, Mayah :) yes, I sign you up.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

brianna wrote: November 16th, 2018, 6:39 am Sonia and Pier,
section 2 corrected!!!
hope the 5 seconds are there!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3

Thank you for your support and your patience,

Brianna
Sorry Brianna, :(
It seems to me that the above link is a link still to the original file. The 5 final seconds are missing and I didn't notice any other modification (but, as far as the modification are concerned, I told you they were really just "optional") according to your judgment.
Are you sure you uploaded correctly the updated file? :hmm:
Pier
brianna

Post by brianna »

OMG!!!!
I redid everything!
Sorry!
I will check the file again after work.
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: November 19th, 2018, 4:34 am OMG!!!!
I redid everything!
Sorry!
I will check the file again after work.
Brianna
no panic, Brianna. Maybe what happened is you saved the file in Audacity, but you did not export it to mp3. So the mp3 file you have on your computer is still the old one. But the saved Audacity file with your corrections should still be there, you only need to re-export to mp3 and reupload the new one to our server.

Fingers crossed

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sorry folks!!!!
This is my last chance! I feel terrible to cause you so many problems!

The only word I did not insert was "sua"at :48, all the others I corrected, even the initial 0,5s and the final 5s.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3 @20.52

:oops: Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Can I read the section 16 - "Os quatro filhos d'Aymon (Conto do cerco do Porto)"?

Can I PM you?

About the roman numbers, do I pronounce them as ordinal, or as numeral?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello and welcome to the forum DyeffersonAZ
DyeffersonAz wrote: November 19th, 2018, 11:13 amCan I read the section 16 - "Os quatro filhos d'Aymon (Conto do cerco do Porto)"?
I can reserve the section for you for the time being, but it's highly recommendable to start with a one-minute-test, to check that all your technical settings are LibriVox standard. You should get all the technical details in your welcome mail (mono, bitrate, sample rate, volume, etc). You can upload your one-minute-test and post it in a new thread in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and check it and give you advice if needed or an OK.

Once your test has been ok'ed, let me know and I'll sign you up officially for the section. For that I would also need to know by what reader name you want to go by, real name or forum name or something else. Then I can open a personal reader page for you.
Can I PM you?
for the moment you can't, because you need to have a certain amount of posts on the forum for the PM function to be opened up. This is to prevent spammers I think ;)

But if you have any questions, you can post them here. It's always best to ask questions on the forum, that way other readers can profit from them and the answers as well. :)
do you mean the section numbers ? Yes I think usually people say the normal numeral, if I'm not mistaken. :hmm:

But first: your one-minute-test. One step at a time.

Sonia
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Kitty wrote: November 19th, 2018, 12:47 pm Hello and welcome to the forum DyeffersonAZ
DyeffersonAz wrote: November 19th, 2018, 11:13 amCan I read the section 16 - "Os quatro filhos d'Aymon (Conto do cerco do Porto)"?
I can reserve the section for you for the time being, but it's highly recommendable to start with a one-minute-test, to check that all your technical settings are LibriVox standard. You should get all the technical details in your welcome mail (mono, bitrate, sample rate, volume, etc). You can upload your one-minute-test and post it in a new thread in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and check it and give you advice if needed or an OK.

Once your test has been ok'ed, let me know and I'll sign you up officially for the section. For that I would also need to know by what reader name you want to go by, real name or forum name or something else. Then I can open a personal reader page for you.
Can I PM you?
for the moment you can't, because you need to have a certain amount of posts on the forum for the PM function to be opened up. This is to prevent spammers I think ;)

But if you have any questions, you can post them here. It's always best to ask questions on the forum, that way other readers can profit from them and the answers as well. :)
do you mean the section numbers ? Yes I think usually people say the normal numeral, if I'm not mistaken. :hmm:

But first: your one-minute-test. One step at a time.

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_16_braga_128kb.mp3

Sent
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Going to read "A adega de Funck (Conto fundado das notas de Hoffmann)".

By the way, my user name is: "DyeffersonAz". The "Z" is not uppercased.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DyeffersonAz wrote: November 19th, 2018, 4:42 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_16_braga_128kb.mp3

Going to read "A adega de Funck (Conto fundado das notas de Hoffmann)".
ok, wait, you are doing this way too fast. Enthusiasm is very laudable, but you are jumping the gun a bit here. I did not even officially assign you the section 16 yet and I told you to wait for the OK on your one-minute-test before starting on this section.

As a result, I checked your technical settings and they are wrong. This would have been caught if you had waited for the feedback on the one-minute-test ;) that's why we recommend doing it. Your bitrate is variable, but should be 128 kbps constant. And your volume is far under our accepted limits of 86-92 dB. Yours is only 83.7 dB, so it needs to be amplified by 5 dB to get into the nice average of about 89 dB. All this would have been ironed out in the one-minute-test.

I think yesterday you mentioned that the file was unedited yet, although I see you have corrected your previous post now. We would like the readers to edit out all the stumbles, textual errors and background noise before uploading the file. The job of the prooflistener is to find some tiny missed edits if there are any, but they are not expected to do any editing, this is the reader's job.

Please wait for feedback on the one-minute-test, then correct the bitrate and volume on Section 16 and any editing you might need doing there and reupload. And please, always when you upload and post the link here, also mention the length of the file.

Once this section is PL approved, I will assign you the next section and please wait for the official assignment before recording anything more. But let's wait first to get one section right. There is no need to record more sections if you still have technical issues. Patience at the beginning will prevent a lot of editing later on. 8-)
By the way, my user name is: "DyeffersonAz". The "Z" is not uppercased.
ah yes, I see, sorry about that. So is this also what you want for your reader name ? You did not answer my previously asked question.

Sonia
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Kitty wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:21 am So is this also what you want for your reader name ?
No, my name will be my real one: "Dyefferson Azevedo".

Relating to the db of the audio, I'll correct it for you. I'm having some trouble with Audacity, but I am correcting it. Cause nobody answered my topic on the "1 minute test", so, I decided to send the audio anyway, because the audio was fine for me.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DyeffersonAz wrote: November 20th, 2018, 3:15 am Relating to the db of the audio, I'll correct it for you. I'm having some trouble with Audacity, but I am correcting it. Cause nobody answered my topic on the "1 minute test", so, I decided to send the audio anyway, because the audio was fine for me.
well, we are all volunteers here and we cannot work everywhere at once. There is a bit of a backlog in the one-minute tests right now, as you can see, some people who have posted their test a few days ago are still waiting for feedback. So you have to be a bit patient ;)

But as I said, your bitrate needs to get changed and the volume, I suspect that the one-minute-test also had the wrong bitrate.

Someone will come by shortly, don't worry. :)

EDIT: I had a bit of time and gave you feedback just now. Please have a look over in your one-minute-thread.

Sonia
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty,

I would like to claim sections 10 and 17: "A adega de Funk" and "Odio de inglez", if possible.
Thanks
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: November 21st, 2018, 11:30 am I would like to claim sections 10 and 17: "A adega de Funk" and "Odio de inglez", if possible.
hello Rachel, great that you are joining us here :9:

I will sign you up for them, thank you so much. I was hoping someone would claim BOTH sections, as they seem to be related to each other. :D

Have fun with your very first recording ! I would suggest starting with the shorter one ;) All the details for intro/outro and naming of the file are in the first post.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

brianna wrote: November 19th, 2018, 8:00 am
The only word I did not insert was "sua"at :48, all the others I corrected, even the initial 0,5s and the final 5s.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3 @20.52

:oops: Brianna
Brianna, (and Sonia for information)
I uploaded again sec 2, just adding the initial 0,5s and the final 5s, without any other alteration, as discussed with Sonia, I have inserted the seconds myself, to save you some time, and it is ready for Spot PL now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3
(21:03 m now)
Pier