[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos do Norte by João Marques de Carvalho - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Pietropf

Post by Pietropf »

Hi Sonia,

Ok, I'm going to check the details.

As for my reader name, I'll use "Pietro Colloca".

Thanks,
Pietro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pietropf wrote: October 18th, 2018, 6:53 am As for my reader name, I'll use "Pietro Colloca".
thank you, so here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12865
this will be the list of all your projects you are participating in, so for the moment only this one, but hopefully some more later on ;)

Your name sounds much more Italian than Portuguese to me. Do you have some Italian roots too, if you don't mind me asking ?

Have fun with your first section !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Pietropf

Post by Pietropf »

Hahaha you guessed right! My grandparents (from my father side) are Italian, they came to Brazil as immigrants in the WW2 period.

Cheers,
Pietro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pietropf wrote: October 18th, 2018, 1:16 pm Hahaha you guessed right! My grandparents (from my father side) are Italian, they came to Brazil as immigrants in the WW2 period.
:thumbs: interesting family history.

Sonia
Pietropf

Post by Pietropf »

Hi Sonia,

Section 7 is ready for PL, please let me know if some change is needed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_7_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Pietro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pietropf wrote: October 28th, 2018, 11:24 am Section 7 is ready for PL, please let me know if some change is needed.
thank you Pietro ! I will try to listen as soon as I can, and give you feedback. Please always say the length of the file when you post the link. I want to put the time into the Magic Window as well :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh, this was quite a depressing story, especially the ending :( I prefer stories with a happy ending.

But you have read it all beautifully, and I especially liked the animated voice you gave Borba. That made it very lively. :thumbs: Wonderful start for your very first section.

You were almost word-perfect, but I have a few small notes to correct here, where I think it changes the meaning:

> at 8:00: please insert missing sentence: "E logo ordenou que fôssem buscar tambem a Mariasinha, filha do pescador Sabá."

> at 9:26: "amigos, e casar-me com outra rapariga" - I think you say "casar-se" which is a change in meaning if I am not mistaken :hmm:

> at 9:39: "designava a mimosa discipula do padre" - I hear "disculpa" but I may be mistaken. Could you have a listen and correct if it's wrong ?

> finally, the volume is a bit lower than our accepted limit. Could you please amplify by 1.5 to bring it inside the limits ?

Now this is your first section, so if you have trouble with editing, please ask. It is only 3 small corrections, so it's enough to re-record those 3 sentences and insert them at the correct spot. No need to re-record the whole text, please ! Many new readers think they need to re-record it all, but that is not very helpful. The chances to make another mistake in the new text are very high, and also, it is a lot of time and work for you AND also for me, as I have to relisten to it all again. :? If you only change those three sentences, I only need to Spot PL those three parts. :)

Thank you

Sonia
Pietropf

Post by Pietropf »

Hi Sonia,

Surely, this was a sad story.

These mistakes are now corrected, thanks for pointing them.

Time: 10:43

Best,
Pietro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pietropf wrote: October 28th, 2018, 3:21 pm These mistakes are now corrected, thanks for pointing them.
thank you, that was fast, and you did the corrections beautifully :thumbs:

Something else happened at the end though. Please check at 10:28, the last sentence "Só por tal preço os cabanos abandonaram a localidade, na manhã seguinte" is broken off and I hear some strange rustling sounds. Also the end disclaimer and the 5 seconds silence are missing now. :? Could you please copy that one back in from your previous recording. I don't know what has happened there.

The rest was fine.

Sonia
Pietropf

Post by Pietropf »

That was odd, something had broken when the DAW exported the audio. Anyway, that's now fixed.

Thanks,
Pietro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Pietropf wrote: October 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm That was odd, something had broken when the DAW exported the audio. Anyway, that's now fixed.
thank you, yes, now everything is in and correct. I can mark it PL ok now. Great reading.

And congratulations on your first completed section :clap: I hope you liked it and we will hear from you again soon. :9:

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

For a change I would like to try to read in Portuguese (I lived 5 years in Brasil many years ago!) and I like Portuguese literature. :D
Can I been assigned sec.8 “Um como tantos”
Obrigado!

E você Sonia sabe Português? :shock:
onde você aprendeu? :hmm:
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 9th, 2018, 4:34 am For a change I would like to try to read in Portuguese (I lived 5 years in Brasil many years ago!) and I like Portuguese literature. :D
Can I been assigned sec.8 “Um como tantos”
Obrigado!
I didn't know you also spoke Portuguese 8-) I will assign you the last section then, and this makes us officially FULLY CLAIMED.

Now I will think about the next project to launch :mrgreen:

Thank you, Pier, and I'm looking forward to hearing you in Portuguese.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Just a small question, since is my first experience with a single section a few pages long: do I record everything an than submit it to PL? :hmm:
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 9th, 2018, 10:40 am Just a small question, since is my first experience with a single section a few pages long: do I record everything an than submit it to PL? :hmm:
Pier
yes, it's just like with the poems, only this time the text is longer. :wink: You record it all, then edit out the errors and then upload it and I can prooflisten. Is that what you wanted to know ? :hmm: your section has 1700 words, I think it will be about 16-18 minutes long, depending how fast you read.

Also careful: you have the last section of the book, then you need to include the long outro disclaimer (see in the first post) "Fim da seção 8. Fim de Contos do Norte, de João Marques de Carvalho"

thanks

Sonia