[Complete][Portuguese] Cartas de Inglaterra de Eça de Queirós - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Oh by the way, I just wanted to mention to all you lovely readers. The 6 sections of "Os inglezes no Egypto" do not need to be claimed by the same reader. In case this is deterring you from claiming such a huge chapter, you don't have to. You can claim them all if you wish, but it is not required. We can well have six readers, each taking one section, that's totally fine. I personally think it will even be interesting to switch readers in between. :)

Sonia
Karekano

Post by Karekano »

Boa noite, olá a todos.

Meu nome é Ana Mota, usuário: Karekano, e é a primeira vez que entro aqui no fórum. Baixei alguns audiobooks no site do Librivox e pensei em colaborar também \o/

Como este tópico é sobre um livro em português, tomei a liberdade de escrever em português :D

Dei uma lida em alguns tutoriais e entendi que tenho que gravar o teste de 1 minuto antes de começar a colaborar efetivamente. Tentarei fazer isso amanhã ^^

Mas tenho uma dúvida, talvez boba: tem algum problema o livro ser em português de Portugal e eu ler em português do Brasil?

Abraços,
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Welcome to the forum, Ana

I hope you also understand English, if not, could one of the readers from this project translate ? I understood everything you wrote but cannot really speak Portuguese myself.
Dei uma lida em alguns tutoriais e entendi que tenho que gravar o teste de 1 minuto antes de começar a colaborar efetivamente. Tentarei fazer isso amanhã ^^
yes thank you, starting with the one-minute test is helpful to check all your technical settings are up to our LibriVox standard. I think you got all the details in your welcome email.

Once the test is approved I can sign you up for a section of your choice. There are still 6 sections available, you can tell me whichever you want to record and I will reserve it for you. Do you want your reader name to be Ana Mota or Karekano ? (or something else) I need to know that to create a reader page for you.
Mas tenho uma dúvida, talvez boba: tem algum problema o livro ser em português de Portugal e eu ler em português do Brasil?
that is not a problem at all. All the other readers who have read sections in this project also are all Brazilians :mrgreen: so you are in good company. You can speak with your normal Brazilian accent, only you need to read the words that the author wrote, so if there is a Portuguese vocabulary and you have a different word for that in Brazilian, you are not allowed to change it but read the word the author used.

Also, as I am the Prooflistener for your section, I hope that you are not reading too fast, so I can follow along with the text. This is not an absolute requirement, as I cannot dictate you how to read your text, but it would be extremely helpful for me. Also personally I think giving the audience a bit of time to process what they hear is always a good thing. But tastes differ there, I know other who prefer fast readings.

I'm sure you will be fine, as long as you have fun. :)

Sonia
Karekano

Post by Karekano »

Hello, Kitty.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I can understand English.

I want my reader name to be Ana Mota because it is a short version of my name. karekano is just a nick I use on the net.

Yes, I will try to read not too fast otherwise people won't understand me, and if that helps you, I'm glad to be of help :D

Thank you again for your warm welcome,

Talk to you soon,
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Karekano wrote: February 24th, 2018, 5:03 pm Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I can understand English.
oh good, that makes my life easier :9:
I want my reader name to be Ana Mota because it is a short version of my name. karekano is just a nick I use on the net.
great, I keep it in mind for your reader page. Now once you passed your one-minute test, I can reserve any section for you officially. Did you already have one section in mind you'd like to record ? If you tell me, I can already make an informal pre-reservation, it's up to you ;)
Yes, I will try to read not too fast otherwise people won't understand me, and if that helps you, I'm glad to be of help :D
great, you are a reader after my heart :D

see you soon and good luck with your test !

Sonia
Giovani

Post by Giovani »

Hi, Sonia!

There is the other chapter (seção 9):

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_09_queiros_128kb.mp3

duration: 21:18.12 (m:ss.ss)

:)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Giovani wrote: February 25th, 2018, 10:55 pm There is the other chapter (seção 9):
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_09_queiros_128kb.mp3
duration: 21:18.12 (m:ss.ss)
excellent, Giovani :clap: completely flawless reading from start to end. I love your precision reading. :9: And the ending was so funny, Lord Beaconsfield's dirty secret: he could not speak French well :lol: (if I understood that correctly...)

This chapter is again PL ok. Thank you so much.

Only one small note, to remember for your next sections: You left almost 4 seconds of silence at the beginning, which feels too long for a listener. We usually leave 0.5-1 second maximum at the beginning, that is enough, and then the story can start. Only at the end you need to leave 5 seconds.

No need to change it for now, as there were no other errors, I quickly trimmed the beginning myself and reuploaded ;) a special bonus for your excellent reading :)

50% of the project is done now :9:

Sonia
Giovani

Post by Giovani »

Hi Sonia! Thanks again (including for cutting the silence in the beginning of my narration)! :9:

I remember trimming a big portion of that silence by eye, when I started editing the file, but forgot to come back later to check and adjust the time. Sorry! :oops:

Those chapters were such a fun! I guess I'll don't have to worry about sharing the same little secret of Lord Beaconsfield: I'll tell everybody right away that I don't speak well French, in advance of any speculation about that! :lol:

And since my first job is done, I'll like to start with the "inglezes no Egypto", seções 10 e 11, S'il te plait... :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Giovani wrote: February 26th, 2018, 9:44 pmI remember trimming a big portion of that silence by eye, when I started editing the file, but forgot to come back later to check and adjust the time. Sorry! :oops:
if you use Audacity, you can zoom in more to see each second in the ruler bar on top. I mention it, because I remember I didn't know that till after some ininitial recordings and then it became so much easier to edit "precisely" once I was able to zoom in to the exact spot.
Those chapters were such a fun! I guess I'll don't have to worry about sharing the same little secret of Lord Beaconsfield: I'll tell everybody right away that I don't speak well French, in advance of any speculation about that! :lol:
:lol: yes being out in the open is always better :mrgreen:
And since my first job is done, I'll like to start with the "inglezes no Egypto", seções 10 e 11, S'il te plait... :mrgreen:
hey, but have good manners in French already, not bad for a start. :thumbs: And I'm happy you like this little book of essays. I'll sign you up for sections 10 and 11. Thank you so much for participating. :9:

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Hello Sonia!

Miss you all a lot! I was hospitalized but I am OK now, ready to move on!

May I claim sections III and IV from Os Ingleses no Egito?

hugs,

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
brianna

Post by brianna »

brianna wrote: March 3rd, 2018, 4:51 am Hello Sonia!

Miss you all a lot! I was hospitalized but I am OK now, ready to move on!

hugs,

Brianna
sections 12 and 13!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: March 3rd, 2018, 4:53 am Miss you all a lot! I was hospitalized but I am OK now, ready to move on!
oh no, what happened :( I hope you are fully recovered now !
sections 12 and 13!
I see you are back in the saddle. I'll sign you up and thank you for claiming :9:

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

Thank you Sonia!

The show must go on....let's move forward!

hugs,

Brianna
brianna

Post by brianna »

hi Sonia,

here you are section 12 @25.29

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_12_queiros_128kb.mp3

Regards,

Brianna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: March 4th, 2018, 10:40 amhere you are section 12 @25.29
thank you Brianna, good to see you back in the saddle. :) I will PL tomorrow only, it's already a bit late here and I had a long day

Sonia