[COMPLETE][Deutsch][Kurzgeschichten]Aus dänischer Zeit by Charlotte Niese - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:Excellent, so quick, thanks Sonia! Here comes one more - a very sobering story in its honesty has something shocking about aspects of society one usually prefers to look away from. ...

S :clap:
oh two for the price of one today ! You're fast approaching the end of this project.

Yes this one was a bit more gloomy again. I especially despise these women who are so eager to watch a poor man dying. :evil: But you made them sound like Monty Python biddies :lol: which again was a funny touch to an otherwise serious topic.

Again: no errors and your reading is very entertaining :) PL ok. And now I need to check what a Stuhlwagen looks like... :hmm:

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi! It has been 2 months since you last posted. Are you still with us? :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
storylines

Post by storylines »

Yes, very much so, and it's been on my mind! I am writing a book at present and my publisher is putting pressure on me to get it finished, so all my attention, to the point of exhaustion and carpal tunnel syndrome has gone into this! But bear with me... :shock:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, no problem. Thanks for checking in! :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's been 3 months since you last posted. Are you still working on this? :)
storylines

Post by storylines »

Yeees! I am travelling at the moment, back home on 11th Sept with firm intention to make time for this!
Sorry about the delay- overload of work!
S :shock:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Delay is no problem, but do please post updates in this thread every month or so, so that I know you haven't dropped off the earth. ;)

Thanks!
storylines

Post by storylines »

Will do Tricia, and thanks for much patience!!

S
storylines

Post by storylines »

I have finally managed to add another file!

:)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:I have finally managed to add another file!
:)
Hurray ! the story finally continues. :9:

Your reading is great, funny and interesting as always. I love the voice you put on for Stina LOL :thumbs:

This time, the recording is quite a bit on the soft side though, only 86 dB, which is absolute minimum required. Maybe amplify it a little bit ? And it would definitely benefit from some noise-cleaning, as the background noise is quite loud, especially because the spoken parts are so soft.

I found one textual error only, which needs to be corrected, as the meaning is quite changed with it:

> at 4:50: (p. 202) "wenn der Mann mit dem Teller kam" - you say "Keller", which doesn't really make sense in the context ;)

And one final problem is the ending:

> at 22:54: (p. 213) "ging der Vorhang langsam in die Höhe" - your recording stops here, but the story goes on till page 216. Something must have gone wrong in the uploading :hmm:

Looking forward to how it ends. When I heard they needed the waggon and all these items, I suspected they wanted to make a runner and steal all these things from the people. Let's see whether I'm right LOL

Sonia
storylines

Post by storylines »

Oh thank you Sonia, but oh nooo! What's gone wrong with the recording I wonder? I certainly completed it - a bit worrying - will check it right now.
S :shock:
storylines

Post by storylines »

Just reposted the file - I have no idea what happened there, something must have gone wrong during saving and I had to re-record the final section. I have pasted the latest version over the incomplete one - hopefully nothing has gone wrong during that process - I don't want to waste your time! In the MW I couldn't ascertain that the new file size was bigger.
Very puzzled, as I proof-listen as well!! :(
But maybe it's ok now. :roll:
As it's been some time, I must be a bit rusty with the technical side, also, I am reading from the Gutenberg version (which I think is generally a validated source) and the 'Keller' error came from there - there are quite a few gremlins like that in the text and I spotted all the others!
Still, not my most illustrious attempt... better get back in practice!
Sabrina
storylines

Post by storylines »

I also meant to say - had already done one noise reduction on the file - do you think it needs another?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

storylines wrote:I also meant to say - had already done one noise reduction on the file - do you think it needs another?
I quickly downloaded it, and checker tells me the noise is within limits now. I guess it's fine then.

I will listen to it tomorrow evening, won't have time before, sorry.

Only one question: did you only do the final three pages afresh ? You did not change anything else in the previous 24 minutes ? So I don't have to re-listen to it all again ?

And you are reading from Gutenberg ! But I am checking with the archive link you gave me. I think we should usually work from the same link. Since when have you switched to Gutenberg. I hope the text is identical.

Will check the rest tomorrow :)

good night for now

Sonia
storylines

Post by storylines »

Yes, only the last three pages. Corrected the 'Keller' sentence.
Turned to Gutenberg when the app Book Bazaar which had the previous version on it failed to work. Wasting time on this would have meant not having time to record today!
But I also have the original 1897 version scanned at home. Maybe that would be better I.e. Gremlin free??
Time to turn it, until tomorrow!