[COMPLETE][PORT.] Canaã, por Graça Aranha (1868-1931)-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: April 16th, 2018, 7:29 pm PS: Sonia, I haven't cut any breath or things like that this time, but there will be a small change in the timing due to the introduction. BTW, is everything ok with you? I hope so!
everything fine here, thanks :)

what is the new time, please ? Always include the length for me to put in the MW, please.

So Maya, this is the second part of a PL job. Now that Adriana has corrected her file, you don't have to re-listen to it all, but do a Spot Check, that means, only check at those time-stamps where the errors were and check if all is correctly edited. Sometimes it's good to check a sentence before and after, to check if nothing is cut out by mistake.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia,

here's the uploaded section @40.29

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_05_aranha_128kb.mp3

hugs,

Br5
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: April 17th, 2018, 9:46 am here's the uploaded section @40.29
thank you Brianna, the 5 seconds are in now ;) this is one of the biggest mysteries here on the forum, why the upload always cuts your 5 seconds the first time. :hmm: I wonder if we ever find the problem.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:17 pm everything fine here, thanks

what is the new time, please ? Always include the length for me to put in the MW, please.
Hello, Sonia! Nice to hear from you again!...
What a long day!
I couldn't give much attention to LV today, but here's the answer to your question:
1:08:49 - Duration of Canaa - Chapter 3

I had no time available to record what is missing in the play "If I had a Father". I'll try to do it tomorrow night. My job's been a bit too consuming over here.

Take care,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

meanwhile I have done a Spot PL on the very first chapter and to me it sounds all fine. I'll mark this section PL ok. :)

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:08 pm Adriana, if your sections are PL ok, I will correct the file name later on. No need to reupload then.
Hi, Sonia! Thank you! I'm in a really anguishing situation. I just got a wonderful mic to improve my sound condition, but it denies itself to work. It's an Apogge 96K, and I can't get it installed in my Windows 10. Do you have any ideas of how to deal with that? My recording job got completely stuck. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hugs,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: April 19th, 2018, 9:43 am I'm in a really anguishing situation. I just got a wonderful mic to improve my sound condition, but it denies itself to work. It's an Apogge 96K, and I can't get it installed in my Windows 10. Do you have any ideas of how to deal with that? My recording job got completely stuck. :cry: :cry: :cry:
hmm I don't know this microphone. Is it a normal USB plug in ? Are you sure you need to install it into Windows ? Or do you mean Audacity doesn't recognize it ?

With Audacity you need to make sure the microphone is plugged in BEFORE you start the program.

So:
1) log out from Audacity
2) plug in the microphone
3) open Audacity
4) click on the arrow next to the microphone icon, there should be a drop-down menu where your new microphone should show up, then click on that. Best also to select that microphone for the Loudspeaker drop down menu next to the microphone drop down menu.

Try this. If that doesn't work either, post your question in the Help forum !! Someone may know this microphone and have a better answer.

keeping my fingers crossed

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi, dear Sonia!

I'm afraid I don't have good news. :cry: This microphone I told you about is a high quality one, a Professional type indicated to me by a radio narrator woman. Well, Cormac and I, besides from a specialized computer technician, have been watching numerous tutorials on the Internet to try to set it up.
Nothing has worked, though... :cry: I had my regular job delayed because of my dedication here to the new device. After that, I had to put my feet on the ground and come back to normal life. Well, night after night without sleeping for this sad situation, since I really wanted to improve my sound quality. Tomorrow it will be another day to try other tricks, and if nothing works, I guess I'll need an IPad, which is supposed to work straight away. Many people are giving out about the settings with Windows 10 (my system here) when talking about this specific mic.
Anyways, it's late, and I do feel pretty tired (these situations exhausts us mentally!).

Keep crossing your fingers, please!
Thank you for your caring words and affectionate support.

A big hug, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aww I'm sorry to hear that. Still do try to ask your question in the help forum, you never know, someone might be able to help

And this professional radio woman, couldn't she help ?

On the other hand, I hope you didn't throw your old microphone away yet, because you could still be using that in the meantime. To me it sounded perfectly fine and if I had had a mic like that in my beginnings, I would never have bought a new one. It's absolutely a good sound quality.

don't stress yourself out too much. Relax with a nice recording with your old mic :)

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi Sonia,

Hope you are fine! Well, I just did what you told me to do. Thank you for that piece of advice! I asked for help in the forum area, hoping someone might appear with a solution. With extra money, we can solve many issues, but that is not the case. Money is in short over here. This Pro mic is also a device that will allow me to try to make professional narrations in the future, I believe. THen, I have to find a way out to use it. I'm going to edit chapter 2 of my solo today, in the meanwhile. Also, I still have my other mic,and will do my recordings with it if there's no quick solution.
As soon as I get any good news, you will be informed!

Thank you very very much for everything!

A warm hug, :9:

Adriana
lianamilk

Post by lianamilk »

hey guys!
I would like to claim section 6, if that's ok :)

Liana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lianamilk wrote: May 4th, 2018, 8:14 am hey guys!
I would like to claim section 6, if that's ok :)
Liana
ah I see you have found BOTH Portuguese projects :lol: I can assign you Section 6. Please check the page in the Magic Window, where you need to start, this is the SECOND part of the 5th chapter !!! don't read the whole chapter, because Brianna already read the first part.

Have fun. But if I may make a suggestion, could you please start with the Cartas d'Inglaterra ? (if you don't mind :oops: ) That project is so near completion, it would be great if we could finish it soon :9:

Sonia
lianamilk

Post by lianamilk »

Hi Sonia

I did! hahahaha :)

Of course, no problem. Thank you so much!

Liana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi, dear Sonia! Just passing over here in order to say hello to you, ask you if everything is ok, and watch what is going on with this project of ours.

My solo is advancing at a slow pace this time - many parallel things happening, including technical issues. But it's under control, I guess.

A warm hug,🌹

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: May 14th, 2018, 5:07 pm Hi, dear Sonia! Just passing over here in order to say hello to you, ask you if everything is ok, and watch what is going on with this project of ours.
My solo is advancing at a slow pace this time - many parallel things happening, including technical issues. But it's under control, I guess.
hello Adriana, sorry to hear the technical issues are still ongoing :( you didn't manage to use your new microphone ?

Well, here it's going at a slow pace too, but we finished Cartas de Inglaterra, thanks to our new reader Liana who did the last few sections in record time. :9: We also have got a nice cover picture for that project, if you like to have a look. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that your solo progresses soon (and see you soon here too, hopefully)

Sonia