Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

PM sent to reader

Anne
lortizsouza

Post by lortizsouza »

Do you need someone to continue the project? I can try to start the next section.

Larissa
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That would be great :clap: , I've had no response from the soloist so Kitty is going to run it as a group project. I'm in the process of changing the first post, I'm a bit slow as I have no Portugese at all so do say if I've done something that sounds wrong.

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oho, you already started it, thanks Anne. Then I'll go and inform the Brazilian readers from my previous project :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here I have already a first question to our readers:

the title of this project is spelled: "Canaã", while I see that the title in the original book is "Chanaan".

Do any of you know whether the name maybe has been modernized ? :hmm: If you'd rather expect or search for the title with the old spelling, please let me know your thoughts. We would want the title to be searchable for our listeners.

In that case I would change the project title. :) I would welcome any feedback on this question from our native speakers who are probably more informed about this than me to judge in this matter.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Magic Window has been updated with page references, to make it easier for us all :)

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Salut Sonia,

J'ai fait des recherches et le livre a été publié en 1902, avant les réformes orthographiques dans la langue portugaise. Du coup, si on le cherche aujourd'hui on le trouvera que sur ce titre CANAÃ. De plus, à l'intérieur du livre, il y a beaucoup de mots écrits à l'ancienne aussi.
On peut les lire facilement malgrè tout! Voilà, j'espère que cela a pu t'aider. :thumbs:

Bisous
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: March 10th, 2018, 5:39 amJ'ai fait des recherches et le livre a été publié en 1902, avant les réformes orthographiques dans la langue portugaise. Du coup, si on le cherche aujourd'hui on le trouvera que sur ce titre CANAÃ. De plus, à l'intérieur du livre, il y a beaucoup de mots écrits à l'ancienne aussi.
On peut les lire facilement malgrè tout! Voilà, j'espère que cela a pu t'aider. :thumbs:
merci Mayah ! Donc on laisse le titre comme ça maintenant, c'est mieux. Je suis heureuse quand-même que les mots à l'ancienne ne sont pas trop compliqués :?

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello again, Sonia! :D Just found this new project you've mentioned! :D Could I read chapter 3 and 4? :D
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

I'm sorry... Desculpe, talvez eu tenha atropelado... Este projeto é um solo do Felipe, correto? Is this project a solo which will be read by Felipe?
I asked permission to read two chapters, but I made a mistake. Good luck and enjoy your reading, Felipe!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: April 5th, 2018, 5:45 pm Hello again, Sonia! :D Just found this new project you've mentioned! :D Could I read chapter 3 and 4? :D
I'm sorry... Desculpe, talvez eu tenha atropelado... Este projeto é um solo do Felipe, correto? Is this project a solo which will be read by Felipe?
I asked permission to read two chapters, but I made a mistake. Good luck and enjoy your reading, Felipe!
no, no, you are quite right here, Adriana :) This project was started as a solo, but it was abandoned some time ago and I recently revived it as a group project. So I will sign you up for Chapters 3 and 4 (hopefully you still want them).

Thank you so much for your interest. :9:

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi Sonia!

Victory! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I got the Checkers installed! So, this chapter 4 is ok with the volume limits. Yuppy! :D :birthday:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/canaa_04_aranha.mp3
DURATION: 43:35

Well, the third chapter, though, is above the time limit for each chapter: 1:08:35
Something new again for the first time :help:

Linda sent me a reply, and was quite helpul and kind.
But... Unfortunately, the website doesn't accept narrators from some countries, including Brazil. How sad, how sad, how sad :cry:
Not everything will make us happy...

I had no time left for those two boys, but I do want to meet them! :mrgreen:

Going to take some rest.
Sweet dreams,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow thank you Adriana, you finished two long sections already ?!
I got the Checkers installed! So, this chapter 4 is ok with the volume limits. Yuppy! :D :birthday:
ah this is great news. But the replaygain still doesn't work ? well, checker is better than nothing.
Well, the third chapter, though, is above the time limit for each chapter: 1:08:35
you can have a section up to 70 minutes. So 1 hour and 8 minutes would just be inside the limits. You can post it in one section :)

but I see then we probably have trouble with chapters 5 and 6 which both have more pages than chapter 3. I make a note that maybe we will split them in two.

But your section is ok to post in one, so go ahead :)
Unfortunately, the website doesn't accept narrators from some countries, including Brazil.
oh I'm sorry to hear that :( well maybe you find a similar site in Brazil. Never give up hope.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_03_aranha.mp3
DURATION: 1:08

Hi Soniaaaa!!!! :clap:
Thank you, first of all, for your positive words about my future perspectives towards the professional recordings. I'll keep up my faith alive. Thank you so much!
Lucky me, on the other hands, about the time limit of the chapter! Phew! That was close...
It seems I'd have to install something else to run the Replay Gain in my PC. At least I could celebrate the success of stalling the Checker, and it worked well. :D

Anyways, I couldn't start the new book yet, and also I need extra time for those two boys... But I'll do it as soon as possible, don't worry.

A big hug, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: April 11th, 2018, 5:03 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_03_aranha.mp3
DURATION: 1:08
this probably means 1 hour and 8 minutes ? We usually also give the seconds, so it would be something like 1:08:00 or more seconds. But it's ok, we can change the MW later on with the correct timing.

Thanks, that was really a long section.

BTW I just noticed that you uploaded Chapter 4 to the folder of "icequeen" instead of "kitty". But no need to change anything, I'll go "fish it out" from there ;) Just always be careful which MC is responsible for the project.

Sonia