[COMPLETE][PORT.] Canaã, por Graça Aranha (1868-1931)-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 12:47 am BTW I just noticed that you uploaded Chapter 4 to the folder of "icequeen" instead of "kitty". But no need to change anything, I'll go "fish it out" from there Just always be careful which MC is responsible for the project.
I can't believe I did that! Me and my mistakes. I'm sorry, Sonia. I think my mind feels a bit tired sometimes, as I want to hug the Earth with my legs. Many different activities, and then the lapses come up. Sorry...
Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 12:47 am this probably means 1 hour and 8 minutes ? We usually also give the seconds, so it would be something like 1:08:00 or more seconds. But it's ok, we can change the MW later on with the correct timing.
To be more precise, the chapter has 01:08:35 duration.
Kitty wrote: April 12th, 2018, 12:47 am Thanks, that was really a long section.
Yes, it was quite long! But I enjoyed it. Dying to record more and more, as soon as I can!

Going to mind life commitments for the day, which is full up to the night time.
Take care, :9:

Adriana
mayaptbr

Post by mayaptbr »

Olá! Acompanho o Librivox a um tempo (ouço mais livros em ingles) e gostaria de tentar contribuir para esta que é a única obra em portugues em andamento.
Posso tentar fazer o Proof Listening ou até me aventurar a gravar um capítulo. Alguém poderia me guiar nos primeiros passos?

Hi! I've been using Librivox for some time (mainly listening to english book recordings) and would like to contribute to this project, the only open one in portuguese at this time. I can try to Proof Listen a chapter or even record one. Could someone guide me on this first steps?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mayaptbr wrote: April 14th, 2018, 6:37 am Hi! I've been using Librivox for some time (mainly listening to english book recordings) and would like to contribute to this project, the only open one in portuguese at this time. I can try to Proof Listen a chapter or even record one. Could someone guide me on this first steps?
hello Maya, welcome to LibriVox and thank you for your interest in this project. We would very much welcome a prooflistener for this project.

Prooflistening is quite easy. You can read some guidelines here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

The easiest thing is downloading a section from the Magic Window in the first post, then opening the text (link in the first post as well) and listen while reading along with it. If you hear any mistakes that change the meaning a lot, or any missing lines or words doubled or stumbled, then you note down the exact time and post it back here, for example: "at 3:20 there is the word xy repeated". Very important is also the correct intro and outro, which you also see in the first post.

Please let me know if you would like to try with the first chapter. :)

To become a reader I would recommend first doing the one minute test to check that your technical setup is all up to LibriVox standard. (bitrate, mono, etc) You can upload your test and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21 If you look at some other posts in this subforum, you will see how the others do it. :) Once your test is approved you can post back here and claim one section. Just choose any from the Magic window which is still "Open" and tell me which you want. I can then open your personal reader page and you are all set to go.

Glad to have you on board, if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
mayaptbr

Post by mayaptbr »

Kitty wrote: April 14th, 2018, 8:31 am
Please let me know if you would like to try with the first chapter. :)
Haven't the first chapter been proof read by Agatha? I could start on chapter 2.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mayaptbr wrote: April 14th, 2018, 11:16 am Haven't the first chapter been proof read by Agatha? I could start on chapter 2.
all right you can start with chapter 2 :) although I will PL chapter 1 a second time, because Agatha found some errors and I need to check if they are all well corrected. But you don't have to do that on your first try. Enjoy Chapter 2 and let us know if you find some errors. Thank you

Sonia
mayaptbr

Post by mayaptbr »

Segue a revisão do Capítulo 2 (Proof Listening of Chapter 2):

Transcrições do texto marcadas em itálico. (Source text transcriptions are italicized.)
Mudanças de maior importância em negrito. (Changes of bigger importance in bold)

00:00 - "Esta gravação Librivox está em domínio público." Não confere com as instruções.
00:10 - Falta "Canaã, por graça Aranha" antes do número do capítulo.
02:35 - Trocar "Tudo se segue" por "tudo se ergue"
02:51 - Pronúncia da palavra "intermina": intêrmina ou intérmina?
04:05 - Trocar "volatiza" por "volatiliza"
04:20 - "é branda" soou como "abranda"
08:10 - Trocar "possibilidade" por "probabilidade"
10:22 - Trecho pulado: "...à flôr das coisas..."
11:52 - Trocar "final" por "fim"
13:45 - Trocar "deita" por "deixa"
13:59 - Trecho pulado: "...o que tem sua integridade completa e fulgurante..."
14:13 - Trocar "porque se pode" por "e não se pode"
16:04 - Trocar "e lépido não fui buscar" por "e lépido então fui buscar"
19:41 - Trocar "instantes" por "intensos"
19:51 - Trecho pulado: "... Em vão? Não sei..."
20:17 - Repetição no próprio texto: "...e então eu ascendi, eu ascendi..."
21:39 - Trocar ''ficará" por "ficára"
24:31 - "...minha fortuna..." não está claro
23:42 - Trocar "homem nu" por "homem novo"
26:08 - Trocar ''um ideal moral" por "uma ideia moral"
29:51 - Trocar "comunidade" por "comodidade"
42:35 - 9 segundos de silêncio ao invés de 5

Na leitura há trocas de "de" por "e", "da" por "na" e omissão de artigos no início da frase, que não anotei pois não alteram o sentido das frases e me parecem acontecer naturalmente na leitura em voz alta. Anotei apenas trocas de palavras, trechos pulados e palavras que não dava pra entender no audio.
(In the reading there are switches between "de" and "e", "da" and "na" and omission of articles in the beggining of the phrases. I did not mark them because they did not alter the meaning of the phrase and seem to happen naturally while reading aloud. I marked only word changes, skiped bits and words that could not be understood in the audio.)

Kitty! Can you understand portuguese? I'm only translating the text into my (not that good) english in case you don't!
Last edited by mayaptbr on April 15th, 2018, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mayaptbr wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:08 am Kitty! Can you understand portuguese? I'm only translating the text into my (not that good) english in case you don't!
Yes I think I understand enough, so you can write it in Portuguese. If anything is unclear to me, I'll ask. I am just not good enough in the grammar to write in Portuguese myself.

Wow, you really did a great job in the prooflistening. :thumbs: So you think all these notes are changing the meaning of the text ? Some of them I think may be caused by the reader's accent maybe ? I'm not sure if he is European Portuguese, or Brazilian, there are differences in pronunciation.

The problem is, I think the reader is not around anymore. But I will try to contact him and ask him if he likes to correct his section. If not, we may need to orphan the part and someone else needs to re-record that chapter.

I let you know what happens. Meanwhile, are you willing to take on another section ? I can at least guarantee that Adriana (who reads the next section) will make it much easier on you, because she is not making many mistakes. :)

Just let me know. And thanks so far for helping here. :9:

PS I also checked the technical side of the section and it passes the checker test. Maya, you probably don't know about this yet, but there is a program which checks if all the technical details are correct for a recording. It needs to be in Mono instead of Stereo, needs to have a bitrate of 128 kbps and 44,100 Hz, needs to be between 86 and 92 dB in volume. If you wish to check these details as well, you can download the Checker program here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker It's very easy to use. :)

Sonia
mayaptbr

Post by mayaptbr »

Kitty wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:18 am So you think all these notes are changing the meaning of the text ?
I was pretty unsure about what to include. The changing of the meaning is minor, but it is there: possibility vs. probability (in a passage that talks about the capabilities of non-white races!), to lie down vs. to let go.

But anyway, I edited the PL and marked in bold the major changes and left the minor changes in regular formatting.
For exemple: the text says "ficára" (stayed) but the audio says "ficará" (will stay), but the phrase doesn't get totally unconmprehensible with this change.
Kitty wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:18 am Some of them I think may be caused by the reader's accent maybe ? I'm not sure if he is European Portuguese, or Brazilian, there are differences in pronunciation.
I'm pretty shure he's brazillian! The accent sounds pretty familiar.

Kitty wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:18 amMeanwhile, are you willing to take on another section ?
Sure! I'll be working on Chapter 3 and will do the technical check also.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mayaptbr wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:50 am I was pretty unsure about what to include. The changing of the meaning is minor, but it is there: possibility vs. probability (in a passage that talks about the capabilities of non-white races!), to lie down vs. to let go.
thank you for the bold highlights. This will make it easier to see what needs absolute change and what not. I contacted the reader, let's hope he is still checking his mails.
Sure! I'll be working on Chapter 3 and will do the technical check also.
you are a star Maya :9: thank you so much. And if you have any questions concerning the use of Checker, don't hesitate to ask. Ah I wanted to warn you: the Checker will "fail" the next section, because it is over 1 hour long. But that is ok, we accept anything under 70 minutes. If you see that the other things are all correct (bitrate, mono, etc) then it's ok.

Sonia
mayaptbr

Post by mayaptbr »

Segue a revisão do Capítulo 3 (Proof Listening of Chapter 3):

Transcrições do texto marcadas em itálico. (Source text transcriptions are italicized.)
Mudanças de maior importância em negrito. (Changes of bigger importance in bold)
Mudanças que não comprometem o entendimento geral em formatação normal. (Changes that do not compromise the general understanding in regular formatting.)

Checker: Recordings should not be longer than 60 minutes.

00:00 - "Capítulo 3 de Canaã por Graça Aranha. Esta gravação Librivox está em domínio público" não confere com as instruções do 1º post, mas todos os leitores fizeram da mesma maneira (?)
12:22 - "por um pouco"/"por um tempo"
28:25 - O audio falha e come uma palavra
47:30 - "que faz esse sujeito que desaparece de vez em quando? Isto não é boa coisa"/"que faz esse sujeitinho que desaparece de vez em quanto? Isto não é coisa boa."
50:21 - "e dura que nem um papagaio"/"e dura que nem de papagaio" (analogia ou metáfora para a dureza da língua)

This chapter was very pleasing to hear! The words are well pronounced, the reading is clear and the dialogues are very well expressed. Great work, Andriana!

Can I work on Chapter 4 during this week? Thanks
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow Maya, excellent job. Thank you so much :)
mayaptbr wrote: April 15th, 2018, 3:30 pm Checker: Recordings should not be longer than 60 minutes.
yes this is ok. LibriVox accepts recordings up to 70 minutes. So we can ignore this warning, as long as the rest of the technical data are ok.

I'm happy you managed to download Checker. It's really a good tool to check.
00:00 - "Capítulo 3 de Canaã por Graça Aranha. Esta gravação Librivox está em domínio público" não confere com as instruções do 1º post, mas todos os leitores fizeram da mesma maneira (?)
yes please, Adriana, we need the full disclaimer that is mentioned in the previous post. The short disclaimer can only be used if you are doing a solo, not in a group project.
Can I work on Chapter 4 during this week? Thanks
absolutely, thank you so much. And if you really like the job, I can also put you in as DPL (dedicated prooflistener) Then you would check all the chapters and you get access to the Magic Window, so you can change the status yourself. If you feel up to it, just let me know. :)

Sonia
brianna

Post by brianna »

hello Kitty,

I took the liberty to record section 5 part I:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_05_aranha_128kb.mp3

hope it is OK. the sections are very long and the I just want to help.

I wrote .mp3 at the end but I noticed is was not asked to.

best regards,

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

mayaptbr wrote: April 15th, 2018, 3:30 pm This chapter was very pleasing to hear! The words are well pronounced, the reading is clear and the dialogues are very well expressed. Great work, Andriana!
Muito obrigada por suas palavras, Maya, e parabéns a vc também por sua iniciativa junto ao LV no papel de revisora. Sonia realmente se posicionou com falta de tempo, além desse idioma ser um tanto quanto puxado para ela. E nossa comunidade aqui, no que se refere ao português, ainda é bem pequena. Mas nosso time há de crescer!

Os trechos mencionados foram todos refeitos, inclusive a introdução. Acabei seguindo a fórmula do leitor que abriu o livro. Realmente é preciso seguir as regras fundamentais do LV, mas ainda estou me acostumando a tudo isso.

PS: Sonia, I haven't cut any breath or things like that this time, but there will be a small change in the timing due to the introduction. BTW, is everything ok with you? I hope so!

Abraços a você, Maya, and hugs to our dear Sonia as well!
You all have a good night sleep,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_03_aranha.mp3

Oops, I forgot the link. Here it is!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:19 am I took the liberty to record section 5 part I:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_05_aranha_128kb.mp3
hope it is OK. the sections are very long and the I just want to help.
fantastic Brianna, thank you so much. How long was the recording ? I thought I needed to cut this chapter in two as it would probably exceed 70 minutes. In case I'm wrong, we may paste it together again.

BTW I checked and the 5 seconds are again missing ;) So be prepared to reupload.

But if you like to read more...please claim before, not that someone else has the same idea to just record. The sections are a bit too long to do double work by accident. I hope you understand.
I wrote .mp3 at the end but I noticed is was not asked to.
what do you mean ? :hmm: You have an mp3 file.

edit: oh I see what you mean ! The 128kb is missing in the first post ! you're right, we need that. Thanks for catching this. I corrected the example on the first page.

Adriana, if your sections are PL ok, I will correct the file name later on. No need to reupload then.

I'll update the MW. Maya, in case you want to go on PLing, here is another section ready :)

Sonia