[COMPLETE] Scandinavian Fairy Tales - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Scandinavian Fairy Tales - skandinaviska äventyr - skandinaviske eventyr by Various ( - ).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/skandinaviska-aeventyr-skandinaviske-eventyr-by-various/
Dette er en samling skandinaviske eventyr, lest på dansk, svensk eller norsk. This is a collection Scandinavian fairy tales read in Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian (to be edited before cataloguing) (kathrinee)
    1. Finding texts

You can record any Scandinavian fairy tale you like in Danish, Swedish or Norwegian, as long as the version you read from is in the Public Domain. runeberg.org is a Swedish site digitizing Scandinavian texts in the public domain, and is a good place to start searching.

Examples
      H.C. Andersen in Danish and Swedish
      Norske Eventyr av Asbjørnsen og Moe på norsk
      Barne-Eventyr av Asbjørnsen og Moe på norsk
      Norske folke-eventyr av Asbjørnsen og Moe på norsk
      Lappiske eventyr og folkesagn av J.A. Friis på norsk
      Eventyr og stemninger av Johan Frederik Visnes på dansk
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. You do not have to claim a section before you record, provided you are certain about its Public Domain status. (If you are a new LibriVoxer, please do a 1 minute test before you start!).
      After you have successfully uploaded the section, please post in the thread with this information:
      • Title of the story
      • The author's name
      • The author's birth- and death years
      • The URL from the LibriVox Uploader after the file uploaded successfully
      • The URL for the online version of the text
      • The duration of the recording

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    5. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    6. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "[Tittel] av [forfatter], lest på [språk] (av [navnet ditt]). Dette er en Librivox innspilling. Alle LibriVox innspillinger er offentlig eiendom. For mer informasjon eller for å melde deg som frivillig, besøk LibriVox dot org."

END of recording
        • At the end of the section, say:
          "Slutten av [tittel] av [forfatter]"
        • If you wish, say:
          "Lest av [ditt navn], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
      • AFTER recording
        Need noise-cleaning?
        Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
        Save files as
        128 kbps MP3
        skandinaviskaeventyr_shorttitleoneword_readerinitials_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. scandinaviskaeventyr_askeladden_ke_128kb.mp3) Please do not use the characters æ, ø, å, etc, but substitute with some combination of a/o/e, -- the uploader is not bilingual :wink:
      • Example ID3 V2 tags
        (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
        Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
        Artist: [Author]
        Title: [Title of your fairy tale]
        Album: Skandinaviska äventyr - Skandinaviske eventyr

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
        Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
        • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
          (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
        • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
        • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
        • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by kathrinee on December 6th, 2015, 11:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

The first post need tweaking! I'll keep working on it. I plan to DPL this myself :)

Question: Can we use the translated disclaimer as in the multilingual short works collections:

"[Title] by [author], read in [language]. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
If you wish, you may also say: "Read by [your name]."

Only for works shorter than 500 words you can use the short or poetry disclaimer:

"[Work title], by [author], read in [language] for LibriVox.org by [your name]".

At the End say: "End of [Title]. This recording is in the public domain".
Kathrine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Yes, the multi-disclaimer looks good.

If you want to start a free collection rather than read a specific book, have a look at the first post of other collections, for example:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53237 (multi wwII collection)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57300 (short NF collection)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57121 (short Sci-Fi collection)

You will probably need to give some textlinks too, so people may find eligible fairy tales more easily.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Yes :) Thank you for pointers, Ava :thumbs:
Kathrine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh well, as I've done all this handholding so far, I can just as well MC it too...

Okay, MW is up. I have severely shortened the filename, and put the "native" languages in the title of your post.
Besides that, it looks good I think! :thumbs:

Good luck with this!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for taking me on, Ava! :D

One more question (for now, then I think I'll be set for a while...): should the filenames have 128kbs in them? If so, I'll edit it in :)
Kathrine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

yes, d'oh... forgot the 128, because I was so fixated about the rest... :oops:
It's there now.

And if I haven't forgotten anything else, and you don't have any further requests, I think we're ready to move to "Readers Wanted". :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thanks a bunch :9: No more questions for now :)
Kathrine
Trumgottist

Post by Trumgottist »

Let's see if I've done this right. (Besides the one-minute test, this is my first recording here.)

I've recorded Elddonet by H. C. Andersen (1805-1875) in Swedish.
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/scandinaviskaeventyr_01_various_128kb.mp3
The text is taken from Sagor och berättelser in Project Runeberg.
The length of the recording is 16:28.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Great, thank you! :clap: I am putting it into the MW and will listen soon :) How would you like to appear in the catalogue? You can use your forumname, real name, or some other name. Also, if you would like to link from your readers page to a webpage (blog or something), I can do that.
Kathrine
Trumgottist

Post by Trumgottist »

I'd prefer my real name: Rikard Peterson.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Done :) Here is your catalog page:
https://librivox.org/reader/10462?primary_key=10462&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results. It will show the sections/projects you read in and is searchable in the LibriVox catalog.
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Elddonet is PL OK! Nice reading, Rikard :clap:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Ava, do you think I should link to the text-source somewhere in the MW? And if yes, in which column? :)
Kathrine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

pm 4 u :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com