[COMPLETE] Vivo de Zamenhof by Edmond Privat - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

Vivo de Zamenhof, by Edmond Privat (1889 - 1962)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/vivo-de-zamenhof-by-edmond-privat/

Volunteers outside the USA: Edmond Privat died in 1962. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Vivo de Zamenhof estas biografio pri L. L. Zamenhof, verkita de Edmond Privat. Ĝi aperis unuafoje en 1920, 208 p., dua eldono sekvis en 1923, 109 p. Titoloj de la ĉapitroj: La gentoj en Litva lando; Infano en Bjalistok; Gimnaziano en Varsovio; Studentaj jaroj; Doktoro E. Idealista profeto; Homarano; Kongresaj paroladoj; Lingvisto; Verkisto; Etika pensulo; Homo ĉe morto.
(Resumo de Vikipedio) (Summary by Nightflush)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26359

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

START of recording (Intro):
  • "Ĉapitro [nombro] de “Vivo de Zamenhof”. Tio ĉi estas LibriVoksa sonregistraĵo. Ĉiuj LibriVoksaj sonregistraĵoj estas publik-havaĵaj. Por pliaj informoj, aŭ por volontuli, bonvolu viziti: librivox PUNKTO org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Sonregistraĵo farita de [via nomo]"
  • Say:
    "Vivo de Zamenhof, de Edmond Privat. [Ĉapitro #]"

END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    “Fino de [Ĉapitro #]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Sonregistraĵo farita de [via nomo], [urbo, ttt-adreso]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "Fino de Vivo de Zamenhof, de Edmond Privat. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Filename: vivodezamenhof_##_privat_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. vivodezamenhof_01_privat_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Saluton Benjamin san,

Ĉu mi povas fariĝi DPL?

Ĝis la,
Masa

Hello Benjamin san,

Can I be the DPL?

Cheers,
Masa
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

Jes, kun plezuro!
Yes, of course!

As this is my first solo project I’ve got some questions:
• When do I have to make a tilde in the title? I found it somewhere what this meant but forgot it …
• I would like to put each chapter in one file but I am not sure whether some chapters are longer than 10 minutes or not.
• As I don’t speak French I am not sure whether I should pronounce the name of the writer like in French or like it is written.
• There are two intros. The first is the prologue, the other is a “warning” ( :) ) from the author.
RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle »

:-) I highly recommend Masa as an Esperanto book proof listener.
He has DPLed a whole book which I recorded in Esperanto and he was wonderful to work with, as well as being very competent and helpful as a PL.
As this is my first solo project I’ve got some questions:
• When do I have to make a tilde in the title? I found it somewhere what this meant but forgot it …
• I would like to put each chapter in one file but I am not sure whether some chapters are longer than 10 minutes or not.
• As I don’t speak French I am not sure whether I should pronounce the name of the writer like in French or like it is written.
• There are two intros. The first is the prologue, the other is a “warning” ( :) ) from the author.
* The title would have a tilde if you're looking for a PL for your project (although I only just learned this, so have failed to include this for any of my solo projects so far ;-) whoops!) , now that you have a DPL there would be no need to include this.

* The sections can be any length you wish, and you can record the entire book as one file (one large section) if you want to.
:-) Does this answer your question?

* With foreign names (and foreign words in general if they are not familiar) I have found it best to try and find a pronunciation of the name online, for example with a Google search or often Youtube can be helpful for this.
In this case I found Google to be not very useful but Youtube has been just great.
This clip demonstrates how to say "Edmond Privat" -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yGOaHMqsD0

* This sounds perfectly fine :-) lol
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll MC, although I know nothing of Esperanto. :)
* The sections can be any length you wish, and you can record the entire book as one file (one large section) if you want to.
Not quite. We do set an upper limit so that files can fit on an audio CD if a listener chooses. So 72 minutes is the maximum. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, you're set up. As soloist, you're also the BC for the project, which means you're in charge of keeping the Magic Window up to date.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked below:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

Videos showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I've entered the first two chapters for you as an example. You can fill in the rest. (I put the two intro things into the first section because they are pretty short.)

When you submit a chapter, put the file duration in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

Now I have already recorded the both intros. How should I tag them? Which fields do I need to fill in?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You don't have to fill in any tags. They'll be filled in automatically at cataloging time. :)
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Saluton Benjamin san,

Bona sonregistraĵo. Mi aŭdis ĝin.

Du punktoj, vi bezonas ŝanĝi.
1) Nomo
>> vivodezamenhof_01_privat_128kb.mp3
Devas esti vivodezamenhof_00_privat_128kb.mp3.

2) La silenta tempo de la komenco
>> 0.25 sec
Devas esti 0.5 ~ 1.0 sec.

Du punktoj, mi trovis sed vi ne bezonas ŝanĝi.
1) 2:38.5
>> de la librara serio la sindonan helpon
Vi legas 'de' anstataŭ 'la'.

2) 3:40.5
>> Tial, per deveno
Vi legas 'por' anstataŭ 'per'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good recording. I listened to it.

2 points you need to fix.
1) File name
>> vivodezamenhof_01_privat_128kb.mp3
Must be vivodezamenhof_00_privat_128kb.mp3.

2) The beginning silence.
>> 0.25 sec
Must be 0.5 ~ 1.0 sec.

2 points I noticed, but you don't have to fix.
1) 2:38.5
>> de la librara serio la sindonan helpon

2) 3:40.5
>> Tial, per deveno

Ĝis la,
Masa
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

Dankon!
Thanks!

I’ve fixed the necessary points. I also noticed that I didn’t say the author at the beginning. This is now fixed too.
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Saluton Benjamin san,

>> I’ve fixed the necessary points.

Bone. Nun ĝi estas PL-OK.

Good. Now it's PL-OK.

Ĝis la,
Masa
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving this from the Launch Pad to Going Solo...
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

I have noticed another thing: I did not say the title and author after the disclaimer. As I have corrected this, I applied noise removal and amplifying again (not to the same file). Please check if I did everything right.
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Saluton Benjamin san,
Nightflush wrote: Please check if I did everything right.
Good. Eveerything is OK.

Cheers,
Masa
Nightflush

Post by Nightflush »

I’ve re-uploaded Chapter 2 because I did not leave enough silence at the beginning.

I have some questions regarding pronunciation:
• The place “Tykocin” is mentioned but it is written “Tikocin” in Esperanto. I have listened to the correct pronunciation and the “c” should be pronounced as “č”. Should I read “c” or “č” and where should I put the stress in the word? Since I’m learning Russian I can also pronounce the Polish “y”.

• “La 15. de decembro 1859 naskiĝis Ludoviko Lazaro,…”
I guess this is pronounced “La 15-an de decembro…” but I’m not sure.