COMPLETE [ITALIANO] Le Rime di Dante - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 24th, 2018, 9:07 am Dear Monika,
I uploaded sec 66 too: “ La disperata mente che pur mira”
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_066_alighieri_128kb.mp3
time: 4:44 minutes.
The Italian text appears to me easier to understand :D , so no special comments this time.
Pier
Grazie!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 24th, 2018, 9:07 am I uploaded sec 66 too: “ La disperata mente che pur mira”
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_066_alighieri_128kb.mp3
Thank you Pier. As the concert is survived (actually it went really well :) ), chances are that I can pl your files the next days :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I have uploaded sec 67 “Amor dacchè convien pur ch’io mi doglia”, 5:06 minutes
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_067_alighieri_128kb.mp3
Another “Canzone”. The curious thing is that in this poem there is some indication of the place and time when it was written. In the end the poet says he is in exile in a mountainous region, on the river Arno.
He has fallen in love with a new woman who doesn’t give him any attention.

I would like to be assigned next:
71 Voi che intendendo il terzo ciel movete
72 Amor che nella mente mi ragiona
73 Le dolci rime d'amor ch'io solia

Pier
jospe

Post by jospe »

Hello!
I'd like to read the following:

71 Voi che intendendo il terzo ciel movete

Can I please have them assigned to me?
Cheers!

Edit: It seems Iunta4Ios called it before me, so I'll just get in line for the next free ones:
79-83
Ciao :)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 26th, 2018, 4:30 am 71 Voi che intendendo il terzo ciel movete
Seem to have won the battle against the MW ;) Thank you :)
jospe wrote: June 26th, 2018, 6:27 am Edit: It seems Iunta4Ios called it before me, so I'll just get in line for the next free ones:
79-83
It looks like there is no reader page for you yet; I need to have a name with which you'd like to appear in the catalog to add you :) Can you please give me one? Thank you :)
jospe

Post by jospe »

Hey, you can put down Josip B. as the name. Thanks!
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Ok, the system just taught me that I don't have permission to do that :) So we'll have to live with the note, I am sorry. :oops:

Oh, and I wanted to say thank you for your understanding and that you claimed different sections :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: June 26th, 2018, 9:40 am Ok, the system just taught me that I don't have permission to do that :) So we'll have to live with the note, I am sorry. :oops:
Oh, and I wanted to say thank you for your understanding and that you claimed different sections :)
Monika, I opened the reader page for Josip :) Strange though that you were not able to do it. You are put in correctly as DPL. :hmm: Have you had that problem before or just in this project ?

https://librivox.org/reader/12598

You can add him to his claimed sections now if you wish.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: June 26th, 2018, 10:11 am Monika, I opened the reader page for Josip :) Strange though that you were not able to do it. You are put in correctly as DPL. :hmm: Have you had that problem before or just in this project ?
Thank you Sonia. I never tried before, maybe it is because I am not BC. I'll add the sections when I am at home at the PC :).
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: June 26th, 2018, 12:20 pm I never tried before, maybe it is because I am not BC.
hmmm...not sure that should be the reason though. I can ask around to get to the bottom of this.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

I could listen to some sections :)

65 E'm'increse di me si malamente PL OK
66 La dispietata mente PL OK
67 Amor, dacchè convien PL OK

And wonderful to listen to them again :9:
Iunta4Ios wrote: June 26th, 2018, 4:30 am In the end the poet says he is in exile in a mountainous region, on the river Arno.
I didn't find the word Arno, but is "Fiorenze" an old spelling of Firenze? He also mentions a river in the middle alps, that one must be a different one, is it?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: June 27th, 2018, 2:50 am
In the end the poet says he is in exile in a mountainous region, on the river Arno.
I didn't find the word Arno, but is "Fiorenze" an old spelling of Firenze? He also mentions a river in the middle alps, that one must be a different one, is it?
[/quote]

Yes, Fiorenza is an old name for Firenze; “in mezzo l’alpi” refers probably to alps as altitudes in general and not to the “Alps” mountains.
Many researchers think that the indicated river may be Arno because of the sentence “nella valle del fiume, lungo il qual sempre sopra me sei forte” and probably Dante wrote this poetry in the region “Casentino” the region of the first portion of Arno.
This can somehow be deducted from Dante letter (epistula) in latin dedicated to Moroello Malaspina; by the way Dante attached this poetry (Amor, dacchè convien…) to the epistula sent to his friend Moroello.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you Pier, that's really interesting. :)

As I am working on my poem (I try to translate it in my way so that I can read it :))

"Ed" seems to be an old writing for "e" (and), is that correct? And "Dagli" doesn't make sense in the translation I found (Mut - braveness, or "gib's ihm"), but "da gli" (or "de gli"?) would have a meaning that fits to the translation on http://italianstudies.org/poetry/lp13.htm.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: June 27th, 2018, 7:55 am

"Ed" seems to be an old writing for "e" (and), is that correct? And "Dagli" doesn't make sense in the translation I found (Mut - braveness, or "gib's ihm"), but "da gli" (or "de gli"?) would have a meaning that fits to the translation on http://italianstudies.org/poetry/lp13.htm.
“Dagli” is an articulated preposition, formed by the preposition “da” (from) and the article “gli” (the)

Also, in modern Italian “d” is often added to the preposition “a” to transform it into “ad” and to the conjunction “e” transforming it into “ed” when they are followed by a word that begins by vowel, mainly if it is the same vowel (a or e respectively). The aim is to make the sound more pleasant, “euphonic”.
The same happens with the conjunction "o" (or)

Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you, Pier :)