COMPLETE [ITALIANO] Le Rime di Dante - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I upload:
sec. 64, “Io sento sì d’Amor la gran possanza”
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_064_alighieri_128kb.mp3
(6:45 minutes).
It is a quite long “Canzone”, not so easy to understand immediately, but I like it very much.
I was so impressed reading it, that I feel the need to recapitulate the main concepts of the poem:
It starts declaring that the poet is conquered by the strength of Love for a very young beautiful woman. The poet knows she is still too young for him at present, but he hopes in the future, even if she is not giving him any attention now.
But the force of love is such that it pulls the poet to try to improve himself anyway, to be worthy of the beloved one.
In the last part the poet invites the “canzone” to go to the people worth of it, avoiding the unworthy persons.
And specially to go to the “three less bad persons” in Firenze, especially to the last one who is somehow attracted by bad frequentations.
Who are the three persons? Someone thinks that the last one may be Guido Cavalcanti, very good friend of the young Dante but lately not in agreement with him on some ideas about the management of Firenze.
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 16th, 2018, 12:57 am I upload:
sec. 64, “Io sento sì d’Amor la gran possanza”
Grazie mille. :)
Iunta4Ios wrote: June 16th, 2018, 12:57 am I was so impressed reading it, that I feel the need to recapitulate the main concepts of the poem:
You're such a sweethart! Thank you for the explanations. :9:
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by moniaqua »

Mille Grazie :)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wonderfully read again - only, it is section 68, Sestino I. Al poco giorno ed al gran cerchio d'ombra instead of Canzone VII., Io son venuto al punto della rota :? As Simona already had claimed and read this section, would it be ok for you to provide it to the multilingual poetry, so that your wonderful poem is at least not lost?
Algy Pug wrote: June 16th, 2018, 7:22 pm Section 69:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_069_alighieri_128kb.mp3
3:10

Cheers
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

moniaqua wrote: June 17th, 2018, 9:00 am Wonderfully read again - only, it is section 68, Sestino I. Al poco giorno ed al gran cerchio d'ombra instead of Canzone VII., Io son venuto al punto della rota :? As Simona already had claimed and read this section, would it be ok for you to provide it to the multilingual poetry, so that your wonderful poem is at least not lost?
Oops - I will fix this. :oops:

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by moniaqua »

Algy Pug wrote: June 17th, 2018, 9:15 am Oops - I will fix this.
Thank you :)

Section 64, Io sento sì d'Amor la gran possanza, is PL OK :)
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Grazie a tutti!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Dear Monika,
I’m back home in Torino and I come back to the problem of the difficulties of correct interpretation of some words not so well printed in the pages we are reading of the rime di Dante. The book is quite old (and this makes it so interesting! :D ) and in fact some poems attributed at the time to Dante are attributed today to other poets of Dante's time.
Some words are stained and sometimes it is difficult to be sure of which words is really printed on the page :hmm: .
To look for other editions of the same poetry is not always a good system since the spelling of the words often differs from one edition to the other and, of course, we must correctly read “our” text.
So sometimes it is really difficult to be sure that our interpretation is correct, and as a matter of fact I made some mistakes in the past :( . So please, even in case of a small doubt, do always draw my attention to a possible incorrect reading of mine, to enable me to make further investigations.
By the way where are you living and what is your mother language? The word is so large and with librivox I had already occasion to know Sonia from Luxembourg and Algy Pug from Australia!
Cheers,
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:26 am To look for other editions of the same poetry is not always a good system since the spelling of the words often differs from one edition to the other and, of course, we must correctly read “our” text.
I found that sometimes even whole sentences seem to be different :shock:
Iunta4Ios wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:26 am By the way where are you living and what is your mother language?
You can add Bavaria :) My mother tongue is German.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Thanks, all!

fwiw, the manuscript tradition of Dante's work is super messy. Not a single line of his handwriting survives, and there are like 600-some known manuscript copies of the Comedy that scholars have been fighting over for centuries. Some want to use a certain one as a basis for modern editions, some want to combine several, etc. I'm less familiar with the manuscript history of each of these poems, but I'm sure it's a similar story.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you, Mary for that information :)

This Dante-Project really is interesting :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I have uploaded sec. 65 “ E’m’incresce di me si malamente”
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_065_alighieri_128kb.mp3
5:29 minutes
It is another long poem and is not so easy to understand completely the meaning of all the text:
So, if you like, you can find an English translation here: http://italianstudies.org/poetry/lp11.htm
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you very much, Pier :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Dear Monika,
I uploaded sec 66 too: “ La disperata mente che pur mira”
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_066_alighieri_128kb.mp3
time: 4:44 minutes.
The Italian text appears to me easier to understand :D , so no special comments this time.
Pier