COMPLETE [ITALIANO] Le Rime di Dante - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Dear Sonia,
your comment is too encouraging for me! I’ll get to much proud! :wink:
Anyway, it was really a pleasure to read my last three sonnets, really linked one with the other. :)
Dante meets the “donna pietosa” and he is moved by her pity for the dead Beatrice.
But at the same time, he is starting to love someway “donna pietosa” as well, and he feels a regret for betraying someway her lost beloved…

By the way, in fact, I uploaded as well:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_027_alighieri_128kb.mp3
RECORDING TIME: 1:08
AND
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_026_alighieri_128kb.mp3
recording time: 1:04
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty wrote: April 18th, 2018, 4:34 am
Ealswythe wrote: September 21st, 2017, 2:26 pm Sezione 57 https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_057_alighieri_128kb.mp3
Durata 1:57
Grazie!
:D
Linda, excellently read as well :clap: Your Italian pronunciation is very good, it surely helps that you speak Spanish and French ;) I loved to listen to this. Thank you. Can be marked PL ok right away.

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! :D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: April 20th, 2018, 6:26 am your comment is too encouraging for me! I’ll get to much proud! :wink:
ah well, if I feel that praise is due, then I will give it to the reader. :)
Anyway, it was really a pleasure to read my last three sonnets, really linked one with the other. :)
Dante meets the “donna pietosa” and he is moved by her pity for the dead Beatrice.
But at the same time, he is starting to love someway “donna pietosa” as well, and he feels a regret for betraying someway her lost beloved…
thank you for this insight, I like background info about poems. It changes the listening experience if one knows more about it.
great, you are really fast. Two wonderful short poems again. I really love listening to your narratives. :9:

Section 26 is already PL ok.

I found a small deviation from the text in 27:

> at 0:50: "la nostra donna" - you say "la vostra donna". It might not change the text much, but I don't know how "sacred" Dante is to the Italians, so maybe you don't want to change a letter from his poems. If you decide to correct it, please only record this one sentence and copy/paste it in the correct spot. Much easier and less work for us both than re-recording the whole poem again.

thank you, and I hope you had a nice weekend. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Sorry about the mistake "nostra/vostra". It was really a mistake of mine, reading the text. I didn't notice it because it makes sense anyway, but is not corresponding really to the written text.
I recorded the corrected sentence, but I'm not sure how "to copy it " in the correct spot. Can you clear to mehow to do it? Thanks.

By the way I started recording texts only a couple of months ago with an Italian association named Adov-Genova, who makes recorded books for kids and boys with some problem ( dyslexia or low vision capacity).
I like it very much, and hope it is useful. In the last days I negleted them a little, for the pleasure of reading Dante with you. For this reason I'll have not much time to dedicate to you, but when possible it will be always a great pleasure.

A last question: I am also for hobby a writer (since I am retired from my previous work now) and I would very much read some of my text for you, of course free of any copyright reclamation. Is it possible? And in case how?
If you are curious about my writing style you can have a look at the preview of the only book of mine I translated (myself, so is a bad translation in English!) looking at :
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pier+giorgio+graziano

Bye, Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am I recorded the corrected sentence, but I'm not sure how "to copy it " in the correct spot. Can you clear to mehow to do it? Thanks.
it depends...are you using Audacity ? Then it's quite easy. You highlight the part that you re-recorded and press the copy button (or right-click, copy). Then you open your original file with the poem, go to the place where the error was (I told you the exact time), highlight that and you push the paste-button (or right-click, paste). The new recording will be pasted over the error. You can then listen to the sentence before and after to check if the sound and volume is almost the same, so it doesn't sound too odd ;) but that is optional.
By the way I started recording texts only a couple of months ago with an Italian association named Adov-Genova, who makes recorded books for kids and boys with some problem ( dyslexia or low vision capacity).
I like it very much, and hope it is useful. In the last days I negleted them a little, for the pleasure of reading Dante with you. For this reason I'll have not much time to dedicate to you, but when possible it will be always a great pleasure.
well this group are doing a very important task as well, so I'm happy they found a great reader to participate there :) And whenever you have time or feel like some Dante, you know where to find us. :)
A last question: I am also for hobby a writer (since I am retired from my previous work now) and I would very much read some of my text for you, of course free of any copyright reclamation. Is it possible? And in case how?
oh I'm afraid, LibriVox is only doing Public Domain books, so they need to have been released before 1923 (according to US Law). So I'm sorry but your books wouldn't qualify for that.

If you want to put an audio version out there, free for use, there is always the possibilty of uploading the files to archive.org yourself. Librivox is also hosting their files there. But it has to be a private enterprise then, and cannot be searchable via Librivox database.
If you are curious about my writing style you can have a look at the preview of the only book of mine I translated (myself, so is a bad translation in English!) looking at :
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pier+giorgio+graziano
aha, a walk with a dog ;) it sounds like a funny book. thanks for the link and good luck with further artistic creations.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Thanks for your quick answer, and all the information concerning Audacity! :)
I have uploaded now the corrected version of section 27. (I used the same file name: I understand it is the correct procedure)
I will certainly go on reading Dante with you since it is really a great pleasure for me!
I will not be perhaps so quick as I have been up to now (considering my other recording engagements) but I will respect the require timing anyway. :wink:
So, I would like to be assigned the following sections:
29 Lasso per forza de' molti sospiri
30 Deh pellegrini che pensosi andate
31 Oltre la spera che più larga gira
32 Fresca rosa novella (di Guido Calvalcanti)
Tanks also for the useful information concerning how to possibly record my books on a different site.

Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 11:46 am Thanks for your quick answer, and all the information concerning Audacity! :)
I have uploaded now the corrected version of section 27. (I used the same file name: I understand it is the correct procedure)
yes that was correct, and hey, your edited sentence sounds absolutely great. The difference in sound is barely noticeable. Now it's PL ok. And well done :thumbs: It's good to know how to edit right from the start, it will be much easier later on when you have to correct errors.
I will certainly go on reading Dante with you since it is really a great pleasure for me!
I will not be perhaps so quick as I have been up to now (considering my other recording engagements) but I will respect the require timing anyway. :wink:
yes the usual deadline is two months, but there can always be an extension if you need more time. No stress.
So, I would like to be assigned the following sections:
29 Lasso per forza de' molti sospiri
30 Deh pellegrini che pensosi andate
31 Oltre la spera che più larga gira
32 Fresca rosa novella (di Guido Calvalcanti)
great, thanks so much :9:

Have a nice evening still

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Nice evening to you too!
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Hello Sonia.
I’m back: I just uploaded section 29, “Lasso per forza de’ molti sospiri”
and section 30, “Deh pellegrini che pensosi andate”
Section 29 duration is 1:07m and section 30 1:05 m.
The links are:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_029_alighieri_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_030_alighieri_128kb.mp3

Dante after the short interlude thinking at “donna pietosa” comes back to his only dominant thought: the aching grief for the lost Beatrice.
I hope you passed a good Labour day,
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 1st, 2018, 10:35 am I hope you passed a good Labour day,
thank you, yes, it's wonderful to have a day off work in the middle of the week :) It's also a holiday in Italy, am I right ?

will PL tomorrow probably, but thank you for your poems :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 1st, 2018, 10:35 am I just uploaded section 29, “Lasso per forza de’ molti sospiri”
and section 30, “Deh pellegrini che pensosi andate”
Section 29 duration is 1:07m and section 30 1:05 m.
Pier, I had time to listen to your two poems now, and both are beautifully read again. :9: I really love listening to your interpretations. No textual errors, but both recordings are over our upper volume limit of 92 dB.

Could you please:
> decrease the volume of 29 by -4 dB
> decrease the volume of 30 by -3 dB

and reupload ? Nothing else needs to be changed, only the volume.

You are using Audacity, if I remember correctly, so it's easy to decrease the volume there:

> highlight your recording
> go to Effect
> go to Amplify
> input -4 (do not forget the MINUS sign !) in the first slot (amplification dB)
> press ok

If you want to download this plug-in for Audacity, you can check the volume yourself before you export to mp3. It's a wonderful handy tool, I use it with all my recordings. :9:
Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.
thank you

Sonia :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

But you are finally working today too!
Fine, I will do tomorrow the volume decrease and upload the corrected files.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:35 pm But you are finally working today too!
no...LibriVox is NOT work, it's fun. :9:

But I'll be back at my work tomorrow.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Sonia,
I have reloaded the corrected files for sections 29 and 30, decreasing the volume as suggested by you.
Thanks for the Replay Gain plugin suggestion :D ; I have added it to my Audacity and will use it in the future.
Just one more question :?: : Trying the plugin on my initial files 29 and 30 the suggestion was to decrease a little more than your suggestion (for instance about 4,5 instead of 3 dB for section 30) :hmm: . The plugin suggestion is just approximate or you suggest me usually to round down slightly the values suggested by the plugin?
Thanks, and bye.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 1st, 2018, 11:56 pm Just one more question :?: : Trying the plugin on my initial files 29 and 30 the suggestion was to decrease a little more than your suggestion (for instance about 4,5 instead of 3 dB for section 30) :hmm: . The plugin suggestion is just approximate or you suggest me usually to round down slightly the values suggested by the plugin?
Yes I think the plug-in calculates to exact 89 dB. But we have a margin from 86 to 92 dB, so you need not be too exact. Your last two sections were over 94 and 93 dB, so in my suggestions, I simplify and just say -4 and -3, to at least get down to 90 dB, which is a very good standard.

When I use ReplayGain to calculate my own recordings, I usually take the number the programme is suggesting to me.

Both sections are now PL ok. Well done, and thanks. Good thing you were able to download ReplayGain without any problems. :9:

Sonia