COMPLETE [ITALIANO] Le Rime di Dante - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
clifford

Post by clifford »

Are you taking applications from foreign voices? If so, I'd like to take a crack at no. 18, "Tanto gentile etc. etc." If not, I'll keep quiet. Beatrice from the Vita Nuova, unless modern scholarship has changed its mind.

Nicholas Clifford
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

clifford wrote:Are you taking applications from foreign voices? If so, I'd like to take a crack at no. 18, "Tanto gentile etc. etc." If not, I'll keep quiet. Beatrice from the Vita Nuova, unless modern scholarship has changed its mind.

Nicholas Clifford
I'm a foreign voice myself, so I'm happy to hear other non-native speakers. :) Tanto gentile is all yours. Thanks for claiming!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
Elanna76

Post by Elanna76 »

Do you accept female voices?

I would like to read n.28, "Gentil pensiero, che parla di voi".

I know it's a short record. Since this would be my first attempt ever at reading, I think it's better to try this first and then see... My helpful housemate is a sound engineer, so I feel safe and ready to go :)
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Elanna76 wrote:Do you accept female voices?

I would like to read n.28, "Gentil pensiero, che parla di voi".

I know it's a short record. Since this would be my first attempt ever at reading, I think it's better to try this first and then see... My helpful housemate is a sound engineer, so I feel safe and ready to go :)
Ma certo! :)

Usually you do a test before your first recording, but if it's something this short you can skip that. Just check out the wiki for the technical settings you'll need for librivox: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Audacity_1-2-3
Anyways, I'll need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalog, then I will sign you up.

P.S. Possiamo anche scrivere in italiano se preferisci. :)
Mary

clifford

Post by clifford »

Here's xviii: "Tanto gentile," etc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rime_18_alighieri_128kb.mp3

I'll never be taken for a native. If you have someone who reads it better, I'd be delighted to cede the poem.

Nick Clifford

PS I first ran across this poem a great many years ago, aboard a Navy ship, reading e.e. cummng's "six nonlectures," where it's quoted, and have loved it ever since.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

clifford wrote:Here's xviii: "Tanto gentile," etc.

I'll never be taken for a native. If you have someone who reads it better, I'd be delighted to cede the poem.

Nick Clifford

PS I first ran across this poem a great many years ago, aboard a Navy ship, reading e.e. cummng's "six nonlectures," where it's quoted, and have loved it ever since.
Nick, I've already listened, and I think it sounds great! You have a very nice rhythm to your reading. I do have a couple of notes though (but none of them related to your Italian, which is excellent).

at 0:26 you're missing a line: “E par che sia una cosa venuta”

The outro is missing at the end: “Fine della poesia. Questa registrazione è nel dominio pubblico.”
Mary

clifford

Post by clifford »

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that half-line earlier. Probably because I'm scared of subjunctives. I've also added the ending, which I know I recorded before, but somehow never made it into the final file.

Nick
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

clifford wrote:Sorry, I don't know how I missed that half-line earlier. Probably because I'm scared of subjunctives. I've also added the ending, which I know I recorded before, but somehow never made it into the final file.

Nick
Now PL OK. :thumbs: Thanks, Nick!

I had to laugh out loud at your fear of subjunctives, because I just introduced my students to the subjunctive this week, and I think they might share your phobia. :lol: About half the class took it in stride, and the other half looked at me with terror in their eyes as if everything they knew about the Italian language had just been pulled out from under them. They asked me if they'd been speaking Italian wrong this whole time and didn't know it.
Mary

clifford

Post by clifford »

You could give your students that great line at Inf. XIII: 25

Cred’io ch’ei credette ch’io credesse

and ask them to take it apart, but now that I look at it I'm wondering how that "credette" gets in there? shouldn't it be subjunctive?

Nick
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

clifford wrote:You could give your students that great line at Inf. XIII: 25

and ask them to take it apart, but now that I look at it I'm wondering how that "credette" gets in there? shouldn't it be subjunctive?

Nick
I think Dante gets to make his own rules. :)
Mary

rclerico

Post by rclerico »

Ciao, mi candido per la 76 Tre donne intorno al cuor mi son venute...
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

rclerico wrote:Ciao, mi candido per la 76 Tre donne intorno al cuor mi son venute...
Un'ottima scelta. :) Grazie, Renzo!
Mary

Elanna76

Post by Elanna76 »

HoosierMary wrote:I'll need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalog, then I will sign you up.
(Sorry I disappeared, technical problems :oops: )
My name is Anna Eleuteri, I think it will do...

My housemate is a sound engineer, and he's already talking about using his Enterprise-like working station for the recording! I'll go through the technical guide with him, and I think I could be able to complete the task in few days, unless Saint Patrick decides otherwise... It's gonna be a nasty long weekend working, I'm afraid.

Per me vanno bene sia l'italiano che l'inglese; continuerei in inglese per coerenza col resto della discussione e per non cambiare lingua troppo spesso. Tende a ingarbugliarmi il vocabolario :lol:
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Elanna76 wrote:
HoosierMary wrote:I'll need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalog, then I will sign you up.
(Sorry I disappeared, technical problems :oops: )
My name is Anna Eleuteri, I think it will do...

My housemate is a sound engineer, and he's already talking about using his Enterprise-like working station for the recording! I'll go through the technical guide with him, and I think I could be able to complete the task in few days, unless Saint Patrick decides otherwise... It's gonna be a nasty long weekend working, I'm afraid.

Per me vanno bene sia l'italiano che l'inglese; continuerei in inglese per coerenza col resto della discussione e per non cambiare lingua troppo spesso. Tende a ingarbugliarmi il vocabolario :lol:
Bene. Poesia 28 e` tua. Grazie! :)
Mary

Elanna76

Post by Elanna76 »

clifford wrote:

Nick
I guess Dante here assigned to "cred'io" a different meaning than we would do in modern Italian language: something like "I strongly believe". If I'm not wrong, something similar can be found in the Catholic catechism: "Credo che Dio si incarnò..." ecc.
Or, simply, he liked the pun on sounds.

Don't fear subjunctive, wrestle it down!
It's actually a very logical beast.