COMPLETE [ITALIANO] Le Rime di Dante - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:38 am I shall listen to your recording with pleasure. I’m sure there will be no errors at all, knowing how accurate you are. Anyway, I will give willingly and frankly all my impressions.
thank you, well, there were one or two words I did not really understand, it was also a bit archaic spelling, so a part of the sentence was a bit obscure to me. I guessed at the meaning, but if I intonated wrongly, then I would like to know. I'll post it this evening. :)

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Well, let me know the couple of words you could not fully understand, and I’ll try to explain them to you. Anyway, I must confess that sometimes I have also difficulty in understanding the meaning of some words used by Dante, when they are very archaic. :hmm:
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:48 am Well, let me know the couple of words you could not fully understand, and I’ll try to explain them to you. Anyway, I must confess that sometimes I have also difficulty in understanding the meaning of some words used by Dante, when they are very archaic. :hmm:
it wasn't so much really the vocabulary, but the sentence as a whole was a bit obscure. I mean these two parts:

“quando giraro ver me”
“ivi un di loro in questo modo al core”

Well I recorded it now, I let you listen and you can tell me if it's understandable.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I didn’t find any official periphrasis of this text (by some attributed to Cino da Pistoia).
Anyway, my personal interpretation is the following:
“Lo fin piacer di quello adorno viso
Compose il dardo, che gli occhi lanciaro
Dentro dallo mio cor, quando giraro
Ver me, che sua beltà guardava fiso.”
Il profondo piacere (che mi provocava) quel bel viso ha formato la freccia che gli occhi (di lei) hanno lanciato nel mio cuore, quando si sono rivolti verso di me che stava guardando fissamente la sua bellezza.
The deep pleasure (that induced in me) that beautiful face, formed the arrow that the eyes (of her) threw into my heart, when they (her eyes) turned to me who was staring at her beauty.

"Lasso!, di poi mi pianse ogni pensiero
Nella mente dogliosa, che mi mostra
Sempre davanti lo suo gran valore:
Ivi un di loro in questo modo al core
Dice — Pietà non è la virtù nostra,
Che tu la trovi. — E però mi dispero."

In questo luogo (la mia mente dogliosa) uno di loro (uno dei miei pensieri) dice al cuore…
In this place (Dante’s sad mind) one of them (one of Dante’s thoughts) says to the heart ...
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 9th, 2018, 2:40 am Il profondo piacere (che mi provocava) quel bel viso ha formato la freccia che gli occhi (di lei) hanno lanciato nel mio cuore, quando si sono rivolti verso di me che stava guardando fissamente la sua bellezza.
ok, I think I more or less got that sense.
In questo luogo (la mia mente dogliosa) uno di loro (uno dei miei pensieri) dice al cuore…
ahh, ok yes now I see. Yes, I think my intonation will be fine with this interpretation. Well, you'll see in a few hours.

thank you for the explanations ! :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well, as promised, here is the poem:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_038_alighieri_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:16 min.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Sonia,
How good! :clap: It is really a great pleasure to listen to Dante read so well by a foreign voice! It makes me happy to be Italian and at the same time part of the whole world! :D
Your interpretation is, in my feeling, fully correspondent to the text meaning, also in the sentences with a meaning difficult to understand, you mentioned before.
Just a small remark (usually easily happening with foreign readers):
The accents should, in my idea, fall on the accented vowels in “lanciàr, giràro and turbàro”.
But that doesn’t spoil at all the general positive feeling. Otherwise people would perhaps think that the poem was read by an Italian mother langue speaker!
Compliments.
I wait with impatience your next readings.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh you already listened ! Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it. :9:
The accents should, in my idea, fall on the accented vowels in “lanciàr, giràro and turbàro”.
oh that's true and I even should have known that :oops: Somehow while I was in the melodic rhythm the accent came out wrong :? Do you think I should correct it ? Accents are important, I wouldn't want the word to be misunderstood if it's wrongly stressed.

I will correct it if you feel it is necessary. I don't want to read silly errors. :?

Thank you !

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

In my opinion it is not really necessary, but it would improve further your section reading.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 9th, 2018, 9:29 am In my opinion it is not really necessary, but it would improve further your section reading.
Pier
all right, I will try to correct the three sentences and if I manage to make the sound ok, then I'll change it.

thanks for the correction. I appreciate. I always want to improve my readings, especially in foreign languages.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So I corrected the three verbs and reuploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rime_038_alighieri_128kb.mp3

Is it better now ? :D And I also noticed why I made the mistake. The three words you pointed out were not written with an accent in the book ;) That's what confused me probably.

Good that you had a listen !

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Perfect!
Much better now, at least to an Italian listener.
Unluckily these accents are not usually marked in Italian writing!
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:05 pm Perfect!
Much better now, at least to an Italian listener.
Unluckily these accents are not usually marked in Italian writing!
Pier
well they have some helpful accents, usually at the end of the word though.

Thank you for the listen, Pier. So I can mark this PL ok in the Magic Window. Do you realize that you have done your first PL (prooflistener) job for LibriVox right now ? Congratulations. :clap:

Have a nice holiday ! I'm sure today is also a holiday in Italy. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I didn’t realize I have done my first PL job! I am very happy about it! :D

By the way, about Italian accents, only “parole tronche” have the accents marked.
Most of the other words are “piane”, some “sdrucciole” and only a very few “bisdrucciole”- see definitions below:
“In italiano, l'accento è libero ma è limitato alle ultime quattro sillabe della parola. In base alla sillaba in cui è maggiore la forza espiratoria, le parole si classificano in tronche, piane, sdrucciole e bisdrucciole:
sofà, caffè, città, virtù, tribù, papà (ultima sillaba, tronche)
altezza, uomo, libro, barca, cosa, ponte (penultima sillaba, piane)
tavolo, verifica, indagine, mitico, origine (terzultima sillaba, sdrucciole)
verificano, vendimelo (quartultima sillaba, bisdrucciole)”

Good Holiday to you!
Unluckily today is not holiday in Italy. I suppose in the States today is Mother’s Day. In Italy this festivity has been moved to the following Sunday, to enable us to work more! :cry:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 10th, 2018, 1:29 am By the way, about Italian accents, only “parole tronche” have the accents marked.
Most of the other words are “piane”, some “sdrucciole” and only a very few “bisdrucciole”-
wow we have never had explained it so much in depth in school. Yes I meant the accent in the parole tronche. For the others it's sometimes a bit difficult to know what is pronounced how, if you don't know the word. Probably when I read more again (and when I listen to you guys here) I will get into the habit again.
Good Holiday to you!
Unluckily today is not holiday in Italy. I suppose in the States today is Mother’s Day. In Italy this festivity has been moved to the following Sunday, to enable us to work more! :cry:
Oh I am not from America. I am in the European Union, just like you :lol: Sono di Lussemburgo. ;) And it's not mother's day, but the Catholic church holiday of Christ's Ascension. I thought it was a holiday in Italy too because you are a Catholic country as well. :hmm:

Sonia