COMPLETE Der Sohn der Hagar von Paul Keller -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

dankeschoen tina! mein altes headset hat das gleich problem gehabt, aber ich glaube ein bisschen knackendes plastik koennen leser schon noch ab. mal sehen was valentine meint :)
Carolin
Dini

Post by Dini »

Hi Carolin. Can I please try chapter 16? I am not a native speaker of German but have studied German at school and university. You can always tell me if it is not up to standard!
Dini
(I find it challenging to read in other languages and have done quite a few Dutch poems!)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi dini, thanks for claiming!

ill sign you up, have a go at it. but please let me know if you find you are having trouble with it - the text has some dialect and even native speakers can struggle :)
Carolin
Dini

Post by Dini »

Carolin wrote:hi dini, thanks for claiming!

ill sign you up, have a go at it. but please let me know if you find you are having trouble with it - the text has some dialect and even native speakers can struggle :)

Hello - this is only a short excerpt - maybe it is too challenging for me? Please give me feedback, Caroline.
Perhaps I should try easier German poems or passages...
Thank you
Dini

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sohnderhagar_16_keller_128kb.mp3
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

dini, im so sorry, this project dropped off my radar for a couple of days (as the things in this forum tend to do, to my shame).

i listened to your fragment and found it really good. i hear you have a real talent for dramatic dialogues :thumbs: (ill go download some of your english stuff to listen to). your german is understandable, and i would be glad if you read that section. however, just so you know, we also have other german language projects going with shorter sections and possibly easier language. im just saying because i myself always dread latin and french fragments in my recordings, over which i struggle and agonize endlessly and just waste a ton of time in editing. should you have the same, i would recommend another section, just to make sure you dont end up hating the book, the project, and the entire language :)

so if you would like to record that chapter, go ahead, but if you do decide for another project, thats fine as well :)
Carolin
Dini

Post by Dini »

Carolin wrote:dini, im so sorry, this project dropped off my radar for a couple of days (as the things in this forum tend to do, to my shame).

i listened to your fragment and found it really good. i hear you have a real talent for dramatic dialogues :thumbs: (ill go download some of your english stuff to listen to). your german is understandable, and i would be glad if you read that section. however, just so you know, we also have other german language projects going with shorter sections and possibly easier language. im just saying because i myself always dread latin and french fragments in my recordings, over which i struggle and agonize endlessly and just waste a ton of time in editing. should you have the same, i would recommend another section, just to make sure you dont end up hating the book, the project, and the entire language :)

so if you would like to record that chapter, go ahead, but if you do decide for another project, thats fine as well :)
Thank you so much for your encouraging answer. I will decline this one and look for easier German passages, Carolin! Please remove my name in the magic window.
Any suggestions? I have a talent for pronouncing words in quite a few languages quite well (musical background) German, Dutch, Spanish, French as examples...
Dini
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have several other german language projects open with shorter sections, which might be an option. otherwise, there are the multilingual collections to which you can add whichever public domain text you like.

what would also be cool is recording translations of german texts into english - you would get all the names of persons and places right :D
Carolin
valentine

Post by valentine »

Hallo,
Abschnitt 10 ist OK. MW wurde aktualisiert.
Valentine
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

danke, valentine :D
Carolin
CurlyM

Post by CurlyM »

Hallo Carolin,

darf ich Kapitel 13 vorlesen?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

aber sicher!
Carolin
J_N

Post by J_N »

Huch, das Projekt läuft auch schon eine Weile... :shock: Wir kriegen's zwar nicht mehr zum Anniversary fertig, aber damit mal was weitergeht bitte 14-16 für mich :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

und wir haben ein paar waisen!
Carolin
J_N

Post by J_N »

Carolin, ich will mich ja nicht beschweren, aber du hast mich im MW umgetauft... :mrgreen:
Langsam macht sich der Clean-Up Trubel wohl bemerkbat :wink:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!