[COMPLETE][Italiano] Alice nel Paese delle Meraviglie - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I also re-pasted the full intro into Chapter 3, so this one is also ready for Spot PL. Only intro changed. I did not re-listen to the whole chapter, I trust the previous PLer there. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_03_carroll_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 10:25 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HoosierMary wrote: March 6th, 2015, 9:44 pmNicoross, ho ascoltato adesso il tuo primo capitolo. Mi piace molto come leggi! Porti proprio un entusiasmo e un ritmo perfetto a questo testo. Ho alcune note:

1. A circa 6:00: “Giurammio! gli è tardi davvero!" Invece della prima parola penso forse di sentirne un’altra

2. A circa 9:03 c’e` un po’ di rumore da togliere

3. Ci devono essere 5 secondi di silenzio alla fine della registrazione

4. Il volume e` alto (97dB). Puoi abbassarlo di circa 8 dB per arrivare verso 89?

5. This one I'm going to write in English so that maybe Ava can weigh in: There's a good deal of clipping, probably because the volume was so high. What strategies do you suggest to get rid of this, Ava? I'm bad at that, personally. :| (I do not anticipate it will be a problem with the other two chapters because Checker puts them at 91dB and 88dB.)
and here were the initial PL notes for Chapter 1. This one was more tricky.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_01_carroll_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:32 min.

Here is what I did, I only listened to the first 6 or 7 minutes, for the rest I trust Mary to have done a good PL job.

> intro changed to full intro again

> at 6:04: “Giurammio! gli è tardi davvero!" – reader says something else, sounds like “perdici:hmm: Maybe a native speaker of Italian could have a listen and tell us if it conveys the same meaning. (it sounds like it, but I wonder why Nicole chose to insert a completely different word here)

> at 9:09: I removed the background rustling

> I decreased the volume by -7 dB, but the extreme clipping is still there of course. And especially near the end, the sound is quite distorted :(

Monika, if you could have a short listen into some random sections here, I think, if you also agree, we will unfortunately not use Nicole’s first chapter, but open it up again for another reader. It’s especially important that the beginning of a book is of good sound quality, so the listeners want to continue. :|

The other two chapters, I would consider keeping, despite the clippings, as they are not as many as in the first chapter and the sound is not distorted. Just let me know what you think, you are the BC and you have to be happy with the sections. ;)

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wow. It's amazing how work just flowed away while I was on the road :lol: Thank you, Sonia :)
Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 6:50 am Chapter 2 is ready for Spot PL.
Ok, I'll do.
Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:00 am Chapter 3, so this one is also ready for Spot PL.
Ok, it's on the screen.
Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:24 am you are the BC and you have to be happy with the sections
I think you've BCd enough to come to a reasonable conclusion, but as you like it, I'll have a listen. It is not quite the first section, as the poem is section 0 now, but I agree, it should start with a good experience (and end with one ;) )
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 6:50 am > at 8:52: I deleted the stumble "di -- di". I think we can leave "libro", since it's the same than "libricino".
Not quite afaik, but I think we can leave it, the meaning isn't changed that much.
Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 6:50 am I must admit there are quite a lot of plosives, the sound is not extremely agreeable, :?
I agree, I can't remember to have heard such hard plosives often yet. Usually I don't even notice them if they aren't too bad; here, especially in the first chapter, they almost drove me nuts which really is a pitty as Nicole reads nicely lively and has an agreeable voice. Btw, did you contact her? I didn't yet :oops:

Chapter 2 and 3 spot checked ok
Kitty wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:24 am Monika, if you could have a short listen into some random sections here, I think, if you also agree, we will unfortunately not use Nicole’s first chapter, but open it up again for another reader.
I think we are thinking pretty much the same ;) It is not only the clipping, there is a chirping, too, in all three recordings. It becomes less obvious when the story goes on as Nicole makes the story come alive and I am just pulled into, but I wouldn't want to listen to that for the whole book. :hmm: Do you think it helps to apply some noise reduction? I'll play around a bit on chapter 2 and 3; if succeed, I'll load up an edited file of each :)

And I agree, I'd rather have a re-record the first one, the clipping is too harsh.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: November 12th, 2018, 10:24 amNot quite afaik, but I think we can leave it, the meaning isn't changed that much.
yes well, I think saying "a small book" or "a book" is negligible ;)
Btw, did you contact her? I didn't yet :oops:
no I didn't I thought you had. :mrgreen: I can do it if you wish, but I think we decided that the first chapter needs re-recording anyway, there is nothing she could do to simply correct it. And the other two chapters I have corrected well enough.
Do you think it helps to apply some noise reduction? I'll play around a bit on chapter 2 and 3; if succeed, I'll load up an edited file of each :)
ok if you change anything, let me know as I need to do a spot PL then as well. Not sure if noise reduction will distort the voice even more.

Thanks for the PL ok ! And I see you have signed yourself up for the poem.

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: November 13th, 2018, 12:14 am saying "a small book" or "a book" is negligible
That's what I meant :)
Kitty wrote: November 13th, 2018, 12:14 am let me know as I need to do a spot PL then as well.
Noise reduction effects the whole chapter :? I'll only load it up if it's a real benefit. In the first (quick) try it didn't distort the voice, but there was enough chirping left to annoy me :? So it's probably not worth the effort.
Kitty wrote: November 13th, 2018, 12:14 am And I see you have signed yourself up for the poem.
Sure. There must be some benefit when BCing that book ;) Btw, there are still sections available ;)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Well, I need to ask myself for an extension :?
But as the project isn't going that fast anyway, it probably won't hurt :)
fabiola

Post by fabiola »

Hi everyone!
Can I read section 5?
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

fabiola wrote: January 27th, 2019, 9:27 am Can I read section 5?
Sure :) Mille grazie :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Monika,
I am back! :D
I am fine :) and I would like to be assigned sec 6, "Porco e pepe" , or another one, at your choice, in case this one has already been claimed by someone else.
It will be wonderful to participate to this new project!
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 1st, 2019, 2:30 am I am back! :D
Wonderful! :clap: So good to see you again!
Iunta4Ios wrote: February 1st, 2019, 2:30 am I would like to be assigned sec 6, "Porco e pepe"
All your's :)
Iunta4Ios wrote: February 1st, 2019, 2:30 am or another one, at your choice
Now I almost gave you an additional one because my inner child read "and" instead of "or" :lol: No, no, don't feel pressed in any way, take the time you need, this project isn't going that fast anyway :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: February 1st, 2019, 2:58 am
Wonderful! :clap: So good to see you again!
[/quote] Now I almost gave you an additional one because my inner child read "and" instead of "or" :lol: No, no, don't feel pressed in any way, take the time you need, this project isn't going that fast anyway :)
[/quote]

As it is good for me to participate again in a project with you! :D

I would be delighted to be assigned additional section! :thumbs:
of course taking a reasonable time completing them! :lol:
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 1st, 2019, 3:10 am I would be delighted to be assigned additional section! :thumbs:
of course taking a reasonable time completing them! :lol:
Ok, took you literally and gave you section 12, as a book should end nicely :)

Besides, did you incidentally notice that "~"sign in the title? It says that we still need a DPL Image

I am working hard on the Galileo, actually the first sections are already in the MW (see thread in book suggestions if you're interested).
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: February 1st, 2019, 9:31 am Ok, took you literally and gave you section 12, as a book should end nicely :)

Besides, did you incidentally notice that "~"sign in the title? It says that we still need a DPL Image

I am working hard on the Galileo, actually the first sections are already in the MW (see thread in book suggestions if you're interested).
Glad about section 12. Let's hope I will really able to finish the book nicely! :wink:

I didn't notice the notice that "~"sign . Can you clarify?

I'll certainly have a look at Galileo.
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 1st, 2019, 12:47 pm I didn't notice the notice that "~"sign . Can you clarify?
Oh, I just meant, if there is a "~" in the Title of a thread, like here
~[OPEN][Italiano] Alice nel Paese delle Meraviglie - kit
, that means that there is no DPL yet (you know, the part Sonia usually does or I did at the Rime). In if it should happen, that you get bored or so at some point and don't know what to do... ;) The title just looks nicer without that curvy character, don't you think? <lookingasinnocentaspossible>