COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alaaph

Post by alaaph »

Thank you for your quick reply Caroline,

I've created the one minute sample https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/test_alaaphoenix.wav

Your feedback is much appreciated.

regarding the pseudonym: alaaphoenix no need to link it to a blog

Thanks
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you alaa! i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/11647

your test is in .wav, we need mp3 :) have a look at this page http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Audacity_1-2-3 which explains exactly how to get the right settings :) thank you!
Carolin
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

AhmedKidwany wrote:thank you both Zineb & Carolin for being helpful
:thumbs:
I had fixed it so I guess everything is ok right now

this is the link after fixing it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/tabaialistibdad_07_alkawakibi.mp3

Cheers,
Hi Ahmed

I have managed at last to PL your recording (Chapter 7) - apologies for the delay

Great reading , I really enjoyed listening

There are couple of really small points

1. The book name is طبائع الاستبداد ومصارع الاستعباد - you have read the last word الاستعباد as العباد
For ease of reference these come in three places , first one at sec 5 of the recording , the second one come at sec 25 and the last one come at the very end of the recording

2. On page 73 there was a foot note to explain a word in the page that you have missed mentioning - the foot note should be read at min 32:31

Both notes above are very easy to fix

That is it really, the reading is accurate, clear and spot on - many thanks for participating in this book

Caroline - I apologies for the delay in giving my chapter, I am on it and hope to provide it soon

Best regards
Zaineb
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

No problem at all and thank you so much zaineb :thumbs:
Carolin
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Hello All

I hope all is well

At last I managed to finish chapter 5 - I know I am really very late, my apologies ... I had computer and family issues

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_05_alkawakibi.mp3

33 min 50 Sec

I hope one of you can PL it

I still hope we can finish this book soon

Thank you
Zaineb
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much :thumbs:
Carolin
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Dear All

I hope you are all doing well

I am really keen to finish and publish this book, it is really a nice one and would love if people can listen to it , we have done a lot and we just need a bit of effort to finish it

I have volunteered to do PL for everyone but I need you to review my PL comments and update them , also please PL my recordings

Caroline - I hope you are doing well - what can we do to push this to finish? I am really wiling to help , I know I also take time because of many commitments but would still want to help out

Many thanks
Zaineb
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great to hear from you zaineb! I agree it would be great if we could wrap this project up.

Lets start with the sections that are marked with notes. There are several sections needing edits, but i think the errors might be so small that we can just mark them pl ok. What do you think? The latest notes are here

Section 6,
viewtopic.php?p=1037974#p1037974
Section 7.
viewtopic.php?p=1349146#p1349146
Section 10
viewtopic.php?p=1024580#p1024580

I think section 0 might be hard to understand, the sound fades in and out. But it is difficult to judge if you dont dpeak the language :)

Thank you!
Carolin
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Carolin wrote:Great to hear from you zaineb! I agree it would be great if we could wrap this project up.

Lets start with the sections that are marked with notes. There are several sections needing edits, but i think the errors might be so small that we can just mark them pl ok. What do you think? The latest notes are here

Section 6,
viewtopic.php?p=1037974#p1037974
Section 7.
viewtopic.php?p=1349146#p1349146
Section 10
viewtopic.php?p=1024580#p1024580

I think section 0 might be hard to understand, the sound fades in and out. But it is difficult to judge if you dont dpeak the language :)

Thank you!
Hi Caroline

I reviewed my PL notes for all three chapters , I guess yes most of the notes are minor

The only one that I feel should be corrected is in Chapter 7 , the book title was read slightly incorrectly where one of the word was given a different meaning

What do you suggest we do? Shall I send a message to all ?

I will listen to section 0 and report again

Zaineb
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Hi Caroline

For chapter 0 , I listened to it and agree it is not very clear , the reading is very nice by Salma but the recording is fuzzy

I hope Salma reads this thread and maybe offer to repeat it

I also noticed Chapter 9 is open , so I will take it , but I am working very long hours these days so it will probably going to take me two to three weeks until I find free time to do it

Can you please assign it to me ?

If Salma does not reply I might re-do chapter 0 as well , although I loved Salam reading and hope she can do it

The other issue, my chapters are not gone through PL :(

Lets hope we get some help from an Arabic speaker

Many thanks
Zaineb
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much zaineb! :D
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Zaineb wrote: Lets hope we get some help from an Arabic speaker

Many thanks
Zaineb
Hello, Zaineb. How are you? I'm Sara. And I'm from Egypt. And I would like to Proof-listen your sections. But please be patient with me as this will be my first time being a PLer.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

oh this would be amazing sara, thank you so much for helping out! :D
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote:oh this would be amazing sara, thank you so much for helping out! :D
You're welcome, Carolin. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Zaineb. :D

I'm going to Proof-listen your recordings. I listened to section 5 yesterday. Your voice is nice and clear. I enjoyed listening to your recording. To be honest, I couldn't have read it as nicely as you did. Good Job. :thumbs:

BUT

I think this might be the raw file. :hmm: Could you please check it? Thanks!

Here's a summary of the PL notes.
1. There is 9 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
2. There is a background noise from 0.5 to 05m 44s compared to the rest of the recording.
3. There are stumbles and repetition.

Most of my PL notes can be easily fixed. Just let me know whether to write them or not.

I'm waiting for your reply. :9: