COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
zwergwolf

Post by zwergwolf »

Hi Omar,

I'm not an Arabic speaker and therefore don't know much about book or author, but mostly it's difficult to find other versions of a book that are also in the Public Domain.
So you might go ahead and have a look for another version, but would have to make sure to check the PD-ness of it.

I don't know much about the Arabic language, just wondering if this could be of any help: http://harakat.ae/

I'm glad to see there are books in so many different languages recorded here at LibriVox :thumbs:
Gaby

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again - C.S. Lewis -
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Eldahan wrote: Hoorray!

One last thing, is there any way I can get a version of the book with "Tashakeel", I'm not always able to get the exact pronunciation without them.
I'm sorry, but We have to use the text in the topic head. The copyright laws are tricky and I can't be sure that the version with the "Tashakeel" on it would be public domain. Also, the rule is "not to change the words- as in the text while reading" and you would be mostly fine if you didn't face any cases where the meaning is shifted by the inaccurate Tashkeel. In such cases, I think the best practice would be for you to cross check against any external reference of Arabic grammar, and if there was still a mistake then the Prof listener would work with you to perfect your reading. Also, if you would like to ask about a certain word that you might have doubts about, I would be glad to help.

Good luck, and enjoy your reading
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

zwergwolf wrote:Hi Omar,

I'm not an Arabic speaker and therefore don't know much about book or author, but mostly it's difficult to find other versions of a book that are also in the Public Domain.
So you might go ahead and have a look for another version, but would have to make sure to check the PD-ness of it.

I don't know much about the Arabic language, just wondering if this could be of any help: http://harakat.ae/

I'm glad to see there are books in so many different languages recorded here at LibriVox :thumbs:
Actually, that tool seems to be incredibly useful. If it really is as accurate as it claims, this would be quite nice to use.

Ok, one last thing, how do I state footnotes? How do I go about addressing this?

Omar
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Eldahan wrote:
Ok, one last thing, how do I state footnotes? How do I go about addressing this?
By the end of the sentence where the reference is in, make a tiny stop, anounce "footnote (هامش)", read the footnote and then continue the text starting with the following sentence.
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

Ok, got my very first book chapter done, and in Arabic to boot! Anyway, thanks Carolin for really trying to get another Arabic audiobook off the ground.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_02_alkawakibi.mp3 @ 18:05

Don't hold back on me now on anything. I know my Arabic leaves MUCH to be desired. Please pick it apart as much as you can and tell me everything that I got wrong and horribly mangled. I don't want to contribute to an audiobook and just have people become confused and not understand anything I'm saying. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Omar
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Hey,

Great work, Omar :clap: , The chapter is ready for PL now.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

mahmoud, will you listen to it? i dont think we have another arabic speaking proof listener at the moment :)
Carolin
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Carolin wrote:mahmoud, will you listen to it? i dont think we have another arabic speaking proof listener at the moment :)

Sure, You got that, Carolin.

Omar, I will be your PL for the chapter.
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

iGeo wrote:
Carolin wrote:mahmoud, will you listen to it? i dont think we have another arabic speaking proof listener at the moment :)

Sure, You got that, Carolin.

Omar, I will be your PL for the chapter.

Sounds good, please don't go easy on me :p.

Omar
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Eldahan wrote: Sounds good, please don't go easy on me :p.
Omar
Omar, I think I might ask for re-recording, so far we have been using the َarabic ج as in "gypsum". The Egyptian one as "good" would confuse other listeners who are not originally from Egypt. And since there's a ج in almost every sentence, I guess I will have to ask for re-recording, though please wait till I get you the full list of issues with the "harakat" so that you would do it only once and for all.
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

iGeo wrote:
Eldahan wrote: Sounds good, please don't go easy on me :p.
Omar
Omar, I think I might ask for re-recording, so far we have been using the َarabic ج as in "gypsum". The Egyptian one as "good" would confuse other listeners who are not originally from Egypt. And since there's a ج in almost every sentence, I guess I will have to ask for re-recording, though please wait till I get you the full list of issues with the "harakat" so that you would do it only once and for all.

Sure, I understand. In that case I wait for you to give me the list of all issues and I'll get to work on re-recording. Not much fun, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to the rest of your feedback.

Omar
soumia

Post by soumia »

hi i'm new here and i want please to read section number 4
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

soumia wrote:hi i'm new here and i want please to read section number 4
Hello, Soumia

Welcome to librivox, we are happy to have you here.
I would sugguest you start by doing the 1-Minute Test before recording the chapter. Also, you may like to take a look on Newbie Guide to Recording. If you have any questions we would be glad to help.

Mahmoud
soumia

Post by soumia »

thank you Mr Mahmoud i will do the test in chae Allah :) :) :)
soumia

Post by soumia »

salam hi how are you hope that you are fine today this is the test recorder http://www.up-00.com/?fEZ9
thank you