COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Tabai al-Istibdad wa-Masari al-Isti’bad by Abd Al-Rahman Al-Kawakibi (1855 - 1902).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/tabai-al-istibdad-wa-masari-al-istibad-by-abd-al-rahman-al-kawakibi/
طبائع الاستبداد ومصارع الاستعباد كتاب من تأليف عبد الرحمن الكواكبي، يشخص الكاتب ما يسميه داء الاستبداد السياسي، ويصف أقبح أنواعه: استبداد الجهل على العلم واستبداد النفس على العقل. ويقول أن خلق الله الإنسان حرّا، قائده العقل فكفر وأبى إلا أن يكون عبدًا قائده الجهل، ويرى إن المستبد فرد عاجز، لا حول له ولا قوة إلا بأعوانه أعداء العدل وأنصار الجور. وأن تراكم الثروات المفرطة، مولد للاستبداد، ومضر بأخلاق الأفراد. وأن الاستبداد أصل لكل فساد، فيجد أن الشورى الدستورية هي دواؤه. كتب الكواكبي رؤوس مقالات "طبائع الاستبداد" في حلب، وكان يعدلها باستمرار، ثم وسع تلك الأبحاث ونشرها في هذا الكتاب. (Wikipedia)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.hindawi.org/kalimat/30272530/
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "الفصل ال [رقم] من طبائع الاستبداد ومصارع الاستعباد. هذا التسجيل خاص بليبريفوكس، جميع تسجيلات ليبريفوكس في المجال العام، لمزيد من المعلومات او للمشاركة زوروا الموقع ليبريفوكس دوت اورج "
      • مثال لرقم الفصل :
        "الفصل الاول , الثانى , الثالث , وهكذا "
      • If you wish, say: "قام بالتسجيل [اسمك], [مدينتك,, مدونتك , صفحتك]"
      • Say:
        "طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد لعبدالرحمن الكواكبي. الفصل ال [رقم]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "نهاية الفصل ال [رقم]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "قام بالتسجيل [اسمك], [مدينتك, مدونتك , صفحتك ]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "نهاية كتاب طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد لعبدالرحمن الكواكبي "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      tabaialistibdad_##_alkawakibi.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. tabaialistibdad_01_alkawakibi.mp3)
    9. no need to fill in the ID3 V2 tags

If you want to add the tags please use the following form
      Artist name - Abd al-Rahman al-Kawakibi
      Album Title - Tabai al-Istibdad wa-Masari al-Isti’bad
      Comments - Recorded by ...... (reader name)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by iGeo on June 24th, 2014, 1:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

mahmoud, i can mc this for you. ill go get us a magic window...

edit: i just saw that you filled in the date 2011. i cannot translate the pages so i cannot see where you got that information from. we can only use an edition of the text that was published in or before 1922.

could you please clarify the publication date for this book? :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Carolin wrote:could you please clarify the publication date for this book? :)
just found the thread where you discussed this already. nevermind. ive got a magic window for you :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

ok, you have a magic window :thumbs:

before we get started on the actual project, however, we need to clarify a few things.

1. could you please translate the librivox disclaimer into arabic?
it is possible to just use the english version, but it would sound nicer in arabic if the rest of the text is in arabic. we can also keep your translation and use it on other books in arabic that might be produced later on.

2. the summary is from wikipedia, and therefore not in the public domain. i left it as the project summary for now, but it would be nice if you could write your own summary before the project is finished.

3. unfortunately, your mc does not speak arabic, and as this is your first project, i would be happy if we could communicate in this thread in english, so that i can help you out :)

4. to get into the magic window, you need to get a password. once you are logged on, this is what you need to do. there are also some interesting tips for new bcs in the wiki. zaineb needs to read the same as dpl!

5. to make things easier, we should shorten the file name. i think tabamasaraa_##_alkawakibi_128kb.mp3 would make sense?

6. i might come up with more things to do later. dont be discouraged by the long list! all beginnings are difficult, but i think we can do it, and it would be a great achievement.

let me know if you need anything!
Carolin
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Carolin,

Thank you very much for being the MC and thanks for the magic window.

1- The disclaimer in Arabic! sure, I'll do it. It will take some time, though.

2- Wikipedia has this line in the bottom of every page "Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License". Doesn't that mean I could use it here??

Yet, I'll write a new summary soon :D

3- Maybe we could help you learn some Arabic while working on the project :) . I'll keep all the communications in this thread in English, and I will help other members in translation - if necessary.

4- Reading ....... , BTW zaineb didn't claim the dpl position. We shall Pl for each other. Plus I might be able to fetch some readers/listeners during the project. So I would like to keep this position open.

5-The title in Wikipedia says "Tabai al-Istibdad wa-Masari al-Isti’bad" which could be shortened to "tabaialistibdad" which means (The Nature of Despotism). And I think this might be more accurate than my interpretation of the pronunciation. I would be glad if you change it.

Unfortunately "tabamasaraa" doesn't make sense in Arabic :(

6-No problem

thanks
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

I can read a couple of sections :D
I would take two days for preparing though so I'll have Sections 1,2, and 3 for now, okay?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you mahmoud.

wikipedia licenses its content under creative commons, which is something else than public domain. some mcs accept summaries from wikipedia, but i like to be correct about this, plus we link to wikipedia anyway so it is nice to have an original small summary on our catalog pages :)

tabaialistibdad for file names is perfect - i only try to avoid super-long file names as the info is in the tags anyway :)

and im sorry i missunderstood your planning, i somehow had dreamed up that zaineb was dpl'ing. i shall re-open that position.

edit: i edited all info in the first post, i think. could you check if now everything looks ok? and did you manage to log on to the magic window? :)
Carolin
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote:I can read a couple of sections :D
I would take two days for preparing though so I'll have Sections 1,2, and 3 for now, okay?
Salma,

Welcome to librivox, and welcome to our project.

I do believe we should wait till the project moves to (readers wanted) forum to start claiming chapters.

Just- please - wait, and I'll pm you, once the project relocated!

I'm so excited, happy and glad that you are posting here, "the project have readers before even get lunched" ! I just can't believe it :-D
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Carolin,
Everything looks fine, I shall have another look though once I get home. I'm enjoying a sunny day on the beach and typing on my cell phone!
I should have my new password soon, I'm going through the bc tips - again now.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you mahmoud!

also, you can accept claims already, thats no problem :)
Carolin
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

Hahaha this is a good sign :D
Carolin said we can start claiming chapters, so I'll prepare sections 0, 1, and 2
Do you need it with tashkeel? And where will I post my recordings when I'm done?
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma,
The magic window will be ready soon. You can start recording now. Chapters 1,2, and 3 are yours. Just to get things clear, these are "Tabai al-Istibdad", " mokadema" and "ma hwa al-Istibdad".

When you finish recording, just posted the links here, and I will take care of the rest.

One thing yet, at the start and the ending of each recoding ; you have to use the " "Chapter [number] of Tabai al-Istibdad wa Masari al-Isti’bad. This is a LibriVox recording........ Etc ". Well! We are recording in Arabic here. So I guess I have to translate the disclaimer now.

We shall use this form " الفصل ال[رقم] ، من طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد، هذا التسجيل خاص بليبريفوكس، جميع تسجيلات ليبريفوكس في المجال العام، لمزيد من المعلومات او للمشاركة زوروا الموقع ليبريفوكس دوت اورج"

If you wish, say: "قام بالتسجيل(اسمك، مدينتك، صفحتك او مدونتك"
Then say "طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد لعبدالرحمن الكواكبي"

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"نهاية الفصل ال[رقم]"
If you wish, say:
"قام بالتسجيل [اسمك، مدينتك، صفحتك او مدونتك ]"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"نهاية كتاب طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد لعبدالرحمن الكواكبي "

This should be enough for now, I'll translate the whole thing soon! :-D
Last edited by iGeo on June 7th, 2014, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

excellent, mahmoud :thumbs:

if you look at your posts, you see the little 'edit' button in the upper right corner of each post. if you click it, you can edit your posts. will you insert the translated disclaimer into the first post? thanks!
Carolin
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Carolin,

I removed the "~" since we don't have a dpl, Edited most of the magic window "links to the chapters will be on soon", and added translation to the disclaimer - should I translate the whole post ?? .

please check if there is any mistakes :)
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote: Do you need it with tashkeel?
Salma,

It would be great if you could read with "tashkeel". I don't want to be over demanding, But I'm sure you know; how the wrong tashkeel can effect the meaning of the words. With that mentioned, our bottom line would be "Do NOT change the meaning".

Correct tashkeel would be great. Yet you have to be expert in "Nahw" to get all right. I guess you can always use the "sukun" _ no tashkeel at all_

Edit
For Carolin
Please check this wiki http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_diacritics