COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Hi Mahmoud

Before I start doing the PL I noticed that the track does not have a tag, and then I realised that we have not provided instructions for doing the tagging on the first post - so maybe I can suggest the following tag

Artist name - Abd al-Rahman al-Kawakibi
Album Title - Tabai al-Istibdad wa-Masari al-Isti’bad
Comments - Recorded by ...... (reader name)

If you agree with this tagging, please amend the instruction on the first post and I will add this tag to your track when I do the PL tomorrow

Many thanks
Zaineb
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

I'm back with the introduction. It's duration is 6:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_00_alkawakibi.mp3
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Zaineb wrote:Hi Mahmoud

Before I start doing the PL I noticed that the track does not have a tag, and then I realised that we have not provided instructions for doing the tagging on the first post - so maybe I can suggest the following tag

Artist name - Abd al-Rahman al-Kawakibi

If you agree with this tagging, please amend the instruction on the first post and I will add this tag to your track when I do the PL tomorrow

Many thanks
Zaineb

Zaineb,

I don't know, Honestly. I would like to leave this for Carolin to decide it. I followed the How To Become A Book Coordinator "What does a book coordinator do?" Section. The point number 6.
Define a filename scheme. The filename should be in this format (all lowercase): booktitle_chapter/section number(s)_authorslastname_128kb.mp3 (e.g. divinecomedy_03_dante_128kb.mp3). There are three essential ID3 tags: title/track, artist, and album. These ID3 tags are now automatically added during the cataloging process.
I figured I should not add unnecessary duties on the readers.

Thank you for the note. Your tags are perfect. I will add them if Carolin said so.
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote:I'm back with the introduction. It's duration is 6:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_00_alkawakibi.mp3

Wellcome back :D

Magic Window updated
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

the tags can stay blank. you can fill them in if you like, but during cataloging, they are filled in automatically with the author, the title of the book, and the titles as they are in the magic window :)
Carolin
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Carolin wrote:the tags can stay blank. you can fill them in if you like, but during cataloging, they are filled in automatically with the author, the title of the book, and the titles as they are in the magic window :)

Carolin,
thank you.

Zaineb, Salma and Nourhan,
you are free to add the tags or leave it blank. We will use the model provided by Zaineb
Zaineb wrote: Artist name - Abd al-Rahman al-Kawakibi
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote:I'm back with section 1 :D
Duration 6:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_01_alkawakibi.mp3
Salma,

Well done.
I just have small note.
1- ِAt the begining of the recording you should say "الفصل الاول من طبائع الاستبداد ومصارع الاستعباد. هذا التسجيل خاص بليبريفوكس، جميع تسجيلات ليبريفوكس في المجال العام، لمزيد من المعلومات او للمشاركة زوروا الموقع ليبريفوكس دوت اورج "
قامت بالتسجيل سلمى ياسر
طبائع الاستبداد و مصارع الاستعباد لعبدالرحمن الكواكبي. الفصل الاول

مقدمة

لاخفاء ان السياسة .......

2- at the 00:44 you repeted the letter "ت" فى كلمة تكلموا

The rest is just fine

You might want to check 04:46 and 04:57.
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

Oh God I don't know why I always forget about the introduction and chapter 1 thing :oops:
Haste makes waste I always say. Anyway I'm sorry for the repeated mistake and I'll edit it today as soon as I get on my laptop.
Thank you Mahmoud for your listening!
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

Chapter 1 again.
Duration: 6:35
About the glitch at 4:46 I used the high pass filter but I still want a better solution.
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote:Oh God I don't know why I always forget about the introduction and chapter 1 thing :oops:
Haste makes waste I always say. Anyway I'm sorry for the repeated mistake and I'll edit it today as soon as I get on my laptop.
Thank you Mahmoud for your listening!
Salma, you are welcome.
I would recommend that you try some edit on the #00 "introduction" . The sound is (metallic ish ) if you compare it with the "first chapter" #01. I think your sound in chapter #01 is better in the sense of warmth and richness ☺.
Salma97

Post by Salma97 »

Okay I'll do my best about it :D
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Salma97 wrote:Chapter 1 again.
Duration: 6:35
About the glitch at 4:46 I used the high pass filter but I still want a better solution.

Perfect! :-)

PL ok
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Hello Mahmoud

Apologies for the time I took to do the PL , I was caught up with work and of course Ramadan which reminds me to say Ramadan Mubarek to all on this forum :)

I completed the PL for chapter 10 today, great reading , I enjoyed listening to it

As with every reader sometimes you read a word slightly differently but it gives the same meaning so I think it is ok hence I only will give feedback if the word is read differently and might gives a different meaning

Please check the following
- At 34:35 the word شعواء was read شوعاء - in the text this is page 115 line 12
- At 36:10 the word المغالبه was read slightly differently - in the text this is page 115 line 23
- At 38:27 the word المغرورون was read المغررون - in the text this is page 116 line 15

Everything else is perfect
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Zaineb

Thank you very much. Ramadan Mubarak to you and to everyone here. I'll do the edit ASAP.

I don't want to make this any more difficult for me. Yet I aim for the perfection. I know my reading is not of the top. But I guess it's getting there.

I do welcome any criticism, comments or opinions. Due to the laws here this should be in the " constructive criticism pl"

Thank you again.

تقبل الله منا ومنكم صالح الأعمال :-D