[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Monika, a huge doubt! :hmm:
I asked to be assigned and then immediately after directly assigned myself sec. 56!
Is this a correct procedure? :shock:
Or have I been too impatient to see the number of assigned sections growing? ( 75 % now!)
Pier
Liber

Post by Liber »

Hi there,
I am considering to contribute to this project.
However, I am not sure how much time/effort it might require.
Perhaps I may try a section and see how it goes?
Thank you for your time,
Liber
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:45 am Monika, a huge doubt! :hmm:
I asked to be assigned and then immediately after directly assigned myself sec. 56!
Is this a correct procedure?
Well, see, if I ever found the time to read a section here, I'd do the same, as I don't have anyone (besides you maybe, as you are nice and busy) to do it for me.

It is "first come, first serve", right? So I definitely see no problem, as I incidentally know that you deliver your sections in time :) I mean, whoever'd like to read section 56 had ten about years to ask, but at least more than one year (since we relaunched the project) ;)
Liber wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:44 am However, I am not sure how much time/effort it might require.
In this project the two-months deadline is not that strict, as the text is long and complicated. If you'd like to take a section I am happy to assign one to you :) There are still some "short" sections left :) I tried to keep them at about half an hour; you can estimate the time it will take as I lately left the number of words in the MW when adding the time.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Here is sec. 56, giornata quarta parte quarta
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_56_galilei_128kb.mp3
(34:18 m)
Luckily much shorter than sec 55 to which at present Emanuela is committed! :mrgreen:

Just one of my very pedantic remarks: at pag. 466, 13th lines before end of page (at the side of fig. 6) , the text is “..sarebbbe questa AB” with 3 b. It is quite true that Italian language likes double consonants, but three are too much! (Anyway I read it with two b only, I hope it is OK! :lol: )
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:26 am Here is sec. 56, giornata quarta parte quarta
You did not read and edit this in one single day!? :shock:

Anyway, thank you very much :thumbs: It looks like the sections become a rare good ;)
Iunta4Ios wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:26 am (Anyway I read it with two b only, I hope it is OK! :lol: )
<lookingverydignified> I'll make an exception in this case.

;)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Liber wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:44 am Hi there,
I am considering to contribute to this project.
However, I am not sure how much time/effort it might require.
Thank you for your time,
Liber
Liber, you would be most welcome to this project . :D
We all would be glad to give you any support you may need!
We are trying to go on with the project as quickly as possible, with our limited capacities! , but I suppose it will still take some time to complete it (certainly much more than two months!)
Pier
Last edited by Iunta4Ios on June 1st, 2020, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

So I ask (and greedily :evil: grab!) sec. 57, leaving to someone else the pleasure to read the last section 58, end of the book :) (Emanuela?).
Liber, my suggestion for you is to take a section of giornata 2, but be careful, have a look to it before choosing one, because in some sections there are probably still tedious parts with a lot of numbers!
Pier
Liber

Post by Liber »

Hi Monika and Pier,

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a look at the text, and I think I can try.
I would consider section 23 but, before taking a committing of half an hour, I will take some more time to think about it.
Before I begin, I may have some more questions: I hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you for your work.
Liber
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Liber wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 4:08 am Hi Monika and Pier,

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a look at the text, and I think I can try.
I would consider section 23 but, before taking a committing of half an hour, I will take some more time to think about it.
Before I begin, I may have some more questions: I hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you for your work.
Liber
Liber, (Is this your name?)
I must confess that I almost fell in love with this project :shock: , and therefore I would appreciate as many people as possible to take part in it.
So do not hesitate to ask any question you may like to pose.
:D .
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded also section 57 “ Giornata quarta , parte quinta):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_57_galilei_128kb.mp3
(21:26 m)
Pier

Just a note for our readers and for the future listeners: The great value of this book is not only in its deep and historical scientific account, but also in its artistic value and relevance in the field of Italian literature. Keep it in mind reading or listening to it:
(see, for instance: https://www.bibliotecamai.org/iorestoacasa-galilei-dialogo/:

Quanto alla forma letteraria, al Dialogo, a esso è oggi riconosciuta una grande importanza per la definizione della prosa scientifica del Seicento e, più in generale, per lo sviluppo stesso della lingua italiana: Galileo unisce al genio matematico e all’ampiezza degli interessi, la capacità della divulgazione culturale, svolta con qualità letteraria tanto elevata da potersi considerare artistica.”
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:27 am I must confess that I almost fell in love with this project
Only almost?;)

Liber, feel free to ask any question regarding this project. I am sure Pier or Emanuela can give you worthwhile advice and I'll do my very best, too :)
Iunta4Ios wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:27 am I uploaded also section 57 “ Giornata quarta , parte quinta):
Thank you very much :)

And thank Emanuela to always help out with PLing while the many-shelled goddess of snails does something strange called work (at least gets some money for it ;) ) :)
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

I understand you feeling Monika. That obnoxious thing called "work" tends to be the great cause of my turning into a snail....
but as you correctly pointed out ... gives back something we all need to buy cookies.... :lol:
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Monika, Emanuela,
I understand you well. Once I was also quite addicted to this drug, which usually consumes a lot of time, but at my age I am trying to recover from it, (having now luckily the possibility to do it), even if I too am still giving in to it, from time to time! :lol:
Seriously good job and good luck to you both! I admire you for the time you can anyway devote to LVX :clap:
Pier
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Pier
my suggestions for Section 56.
As always most of them are just me being pernickety. A couple of them need your attention.

3:41 pag 459, 13 lines from bottom:
“che sia l’intelletto” instead of “che sia intelletto”
9:18 pag 461, 10 lines from top:
“ed anco dalla penna” instead of “ed anco della penna”
9:29 short after:
“col loro lume” instead of “col lor lume”
12:20 pag 462, 4th line from top:
“col suo aggiugnere” instead of “col suo ora aggiugnere”
16:35 pag 463, 11 lines from top:
“suttrazioni nella vertigine” instead of “suttrazioni della vertigine”
20:04 pag 464, 9 lines from top:
“perche’ la terza vien composta dalle due prime” instead of “perche’ la terza vien composta delle due prime”
21:39 --> 21:47 a loud Ambulance sound (I know that ambient sounds aren’t forbidden, but I prefer you listen to it and decide what to do)
22:32 pag 464, 4 lines from bottom:
“come alcune sbrigatelle” instead of “come alcune sbrigliatelle”
25:35 pag 465, 13 lines from bottom:
“sono piu’ frequenti” instead of “son piu’ frequenti”
25:44 short after:
“sospendasi” instead of “sospendansi”

Cheers
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Eysiss wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:34 pm Pier
my suggestions for Section 56.
As always most of them are just me being pernickety. A couple of them need your attention..........

Cheers
Emanuela
Thanks Emanuela,
No, you are not too pernickety! ( thanks once more to Michael suggesting this nice word).
I can imagine Galileo, looking from somewhere to us through a telescope, smiling pleased by your careful attention :clap: .
I'll revise, with pleasure as always, the section asap, even if I will be busy all the afternoon distracted by work ( I told you I fall back in this old habit of mine from time to time! :roll: ) in a videconference of a technical association.
Pier