[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wow!
Iunta4Ios wrote: February 14th, 2019, 4:40 am sec.7 “Giornata prima, parte sesta”
I found only one little note on this not easy to read due to the not quite well printed text:

9:01 I hear "fu", written is "fa" (ma quella fa una mutazione tanto vasta; middle of page 50)

to me with my limited Italian the fa would make more sense, what do you think?

Then I'd like to get some advice about the disclaimer:

You read it how it is written in the first post. Only, Vito didn't read it like this and "capitolo" doesn't seem to make to much sense to me in this case as we don't really have chapters but sections of four days; one might take a day as chapter I guess. I noted it here:
moniaqua wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 3:31 am It just occured to me that vito read the introduzione different from what is written. This is was is in the first post:
(Introduzione)[/b]

"Capitolo [numero] di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
"Registrazione di [il tuo nome]"
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. [Tradotto da [Traduttore]]. [Capitolo]"
And he reads:

"Titolo/titel di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. Titolo/Titel"
which is totally fine with me. Should we keep that?
now beeing quiet again as I am starving and need some lunch ;)
but somehow it didn't reach the first post yet :) (I can't edit that post). What do you think, which is the better version of the disclaimer?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: February 17th, 2019, 2:49 am Wow!

I found only one little note on this not easy to read due to the not quite well printed text:

9:01 I hear "fu", written is "fa" (ma quella fa una mutazione tanto vasta; middle of page 50)

To me with my limited Italian the fa would make more sense, what do you think?
So Monika you found enough time to listen to this section! :clap: "Il Dialogo" is now officially launched?
If so I would like to ask section 8 and 9, just to go on following the discussion started in section 7 :wink:

Coming to your remark I see " fu" rather than "fa" in the text and it makes sense too to me since they are speaking of something happened in the past: it was such a large mutation...

Just to check I looked for a different edition of our book and I found this one:
http://www.ousia.it/content/Sezioni/Testi/GalileiDialogoMassimiSistemi.pdf
At page 30 it is written: "ma quella fu una mutazione tanto vasta"
In the same edition it is written everywhere "etc."instead of "e.c." : "etc." is the modern italian abbreviation for "eccetera" while "e.c." is an old form of the same abbreviation.
In next post my answer about the disclaimer.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: February 17th, 2019, 2:49 am

Then I'd like to get some advice about the disclaimer:

You read it how it is written in the first post. Only, Vito didn't read it like this and "capitolo" doesn't seem to make to much sense to me in this case as we don't really have chapters but sections of four days; one might take a day as chapter I guess. I noted it here:
moniaqua wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 3:31 am It just occured to me that vito read the introduzione different from what is written. This is was is in the first post:
(Introduzione)[/b]

"Capitolo [numero] di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. [Tradotto da [Traduttore]]. [Capitolo]"
And he reads:

"Titolo/titel di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
Poi devi dire:
which is totally fine with me. Should we keep that?
now beeing quiet again as I am starving and need some lunch ;)
but somehow it didn't reach the first post yet :) (I can't edit that post). What do you think, which is the better version of the disclaimer?
For some reason I cannot download from the MW the sections recorded by Vito.
Anyway I think that the following form (the one read by Vito) is the best:
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
Poi devi dire:
Of course the corresponding note below the MW should be updated

If you confirm your agreement on this form I shall use it in section 7 and reload it.
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 17th, 2019, 3:58 am In the same edition it is written everywhere "etc."instead of "e.c." : "etc." is the modern italian abbreviation for "eccetera" while "e.c." is an old form of the same abbreviation.
Ah, I forgot that one, I wanted to agree anyway :)

The project is not officially launched yet but you have your sections 8 and 9 :clap:

For the rest I'll send you a PN :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I've changed the first post intro/outro. If you agree on something else, please let me know (via pm if possible, I don't venture here often).

Do you have a timeline for when the MW will be finished? I have no idea where you are now in the book. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Availle wrote: February 17th, 2019, 4:31 pm I've changed the first post intro/outro
Thank you very much. Only the translator slipped through; it can be erased as we don't have one :)
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. [Tradotto da [Traduttore]]. Titolo/titel"
Availle wrote: February 17th, 2019, 4:31 pm Do you have a timeline for when the MW will be finished?
I am at the beginning of Giornata Terza (about 10 more or so sections to find) and Pier is working on Giornata Quarta so it actually shouldn't take too long any more. I'll try speed up a bit to match Piers tempo ;)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh, I missed that. Translators no more! :D

I'd like to get this out of the book suggestions, especially if you're getting claims already, hence my second question.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

How long are books usually in the launchpad? If it is about a week it can stay there, I think we safely can launch it now.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Just a few days to announce "this is new".

Why don't we do it like that: You do your very, very best to get this done. :D
I'll put this into the launch pad on.... my Saturday morning, and then we can move on to the LOTE forum next week.

Good?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Well, as Pier is already done with his part :shock: we might even be faster when I do my very very best (in the evenings after work 8-) )

Else Saturday sounds really good to me :thumbs:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Well, since this was in the launch pad for a week now, I think we have announced our presence enough to move to the LOTE forum.

Enjoy! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded sec. 8 “Giornata prima, parte settima”
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_08_galilei_128kb.mp3
(31:46 m)

And I reloaded as well sec 7. “Giornata prima, parte sesta”!
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_07_galilei_128kb.mp3
(17:47 m)
In sec.7 I just modified the beginning and the end (the title enunciations, omitting the “CAPITOLO” number).
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you so much :)

I'll listen asap to no. 8; 7 giornata prima parte sesta is PL OK :thumbs:

Btw, is anyone around here who would DPL this? :) I'll advertise also in Listeners wanted.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Monika,
I would like to go on with section 10 "Giornata prima parte nona"
I'm quite curious to see how the debate between the three characters goes on... :wink:
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

I can understand you perfectly well, Pier, so even that there are almost none sections left <cough :oops: > I assigned it to you ;)