[ITALIAN / Science] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » August 30th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Well, just a last comment on words difficult to read on scanned PDF: I usually take the text from "Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!):" rather than from the "text" link directly on the MW for each sections. It easier to zoom in the text ( at least on my PC)
Anyway with old texts it is quite usual to have doubts in words spelling . In such cases I consider the meaning of the word. This is also difficult with old books using many times words with a spelling different from the modern language. But taking the word brunito or branita as example I can assure you that brunita make sense (brunire (verbo)
io brunisco, tu brunisci ecc. sottoporre a brunitura un oggetto metallico; scurire) while branita doesn't make sense, even trying to suppose a different spelling in old Italian.
Sorry to take such a long time on a single word, but it is an example of difficult problems of understanding old texts we all often have! :roll:
Pier

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » August 31st, 2019, 7:50 am

Iunta4Ios wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 9:58 pm
Anyway with old texts it is quite usual to have doubts in words spelling . In such cases I consider the meaning of the word. This is also difficult with old books using many times words with a spelling different from the modern language. But taking the word brunito or branita as example I can assure you that brunita make sense (brunire (verbo)
io brunisco, tu brunisci ecc. sottoporre a brunitura un oggetto metallico; scurire) while branita doesn't make sense, even trying to suppose a different spelling in old Italian.
And that's the proof that it is really good to have a native speaker in a project. :)

I thought brunita sounds better to me, but I wouldn't have known :oops:
Iunta4Ios wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 9:58 pm
Sorry to take such a long time on a single word, but it is an example of difficult problems of understanding old texts we all often have!
It is even worse - could happen on a scanned modern text, too. My husband told me, when I told him about this thing here, that scanners sometimes make weird things with numbers or letters. An u can easily become an a, or other things like that. There was some problem a company selling copiers had just because of this effect.

novelreader

Post by novelreader » August 31st, 2019, 10:06 am

Section 12 Pl Ok! :thumbs:

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » August 31st, 2019, 10:12 am

novelreader wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 10:06 am
Section 12 Pl Ok! :thumbs:
OK. Thank you! I hope that after the precious work of PL, you will read soon some section too! :D
Pier

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » August 31st, 2019, 10:58 am

novelreader wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 10:06 am
Section 12 Pl Ok!
Noted. Thank you both so much! :clap:

Voorlezer

Post by Voorlezer » September 7th, 2019, 9:18 am

Hi, I would like to contribute to this project! Could I read section 6: Giornata prima, parte quinta?

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » September 7th, 2019, 9:39 am

Yes, thank you for claiming.
What Name would you like for your reader page? Some take their forum name, some choose the clear name, some make something else, it is up to you what you decide :) Just keep in mind that once you choose a name, you can still change it on the readers page later on, but not in the recordings that are already made (if you say your readers name there).

Voorlezer

Post by Voorlezer » September 7th, 2019, 11:19 am

Thanks, I’d like to use this reader name: Eef.

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » September 7th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Thank you. So here's your brand new readers page with the first entry in it :):
https://librivox.org/reader/13589