[COMPLETE][Indonesian][Adventure]Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, J. Verne - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari by Jules Verne. [Translated by R. Moesa Sasradhimedja].

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/mengelilingi-doenia-dalam-80-hari-by-jules-verne/
"Mengelilingi Doenia dalam 80 Hari" mengisahkan seorang pria berkebangsaan Inggris bernama Phileas Fogg bertaruh uang sebesar £20.000 dengan teman-temannya di Reform Club. Pertaruhan ini adalah sebuah tantangan untuk mengelilingi dunia hanya dalam tempo 80 hari. Bersama pelayan barunya, Jean Passepartout, mereka mencoba mengelilingi dunia dalam waktu yang telah ditentukan. ("Around the World in 80 Days" tells the story of an Englishman named Phileas Fogg betting £20,000 with his friends at the Reform Club. This gamble is a challenge to circumnavigate the globe in just 80 days. Together with his new man-servant, Jean Passepartout, they try to circumnavigate the world in a predetermined time.) - Summary by tarabaturbara

Source text (please read only from this text!): http://id.wikisource.org/wiki/Mengelilingi_Doenia_Dalam_80_Hari/

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Bab [number] dari Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari.
Ini adalah rekaman LibriVox. Semua rekaman dari LibriVox adalah domain umum. Untuk keterangan atau menjadi sukarela, silahkan melihat situs librivox TITIK org.
[Optional: Rekaman oleh your name.]
Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, oleh Jules Verne, Terjemahan oleh R. Moesa Sasradhimedja.
[Bab] title
End of recording:
Say:
Akhir [Bab].
[Optional, and if not stated in the intro: Rekaman oleh your name, city, date.]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
Akhir Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, oleh Jules Verne, terjemahan oleh R. Moesa Sasradhimedja.
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: 80hari_##_verne_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. 80hari_##_verne_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by Varra Unreal on February 14th, 2009, 11:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Varra,
I can MC this for you. Your post looks good.

Just a few suggestions:
- I would suggest choosing a further deadline - 2 months for such a book in English is already very short time, and even more so in a language in which we don't have many readers. Maybe choose May 1 or something?

- Isn't the translator R. Moesa Sasradhimedja, if I understand the wikisource page correctly (well, what Google Translate made of it... :))?

- I would suggest shortening the mp3 file name - for mp3 players etc with small windows, it will otherwise be hard to see the ##, which will be most important - I suggested above "80hari_##_verne.mp3", is that OK?

- I think it would be good also to mention the translator in the ID3 tags, so make it something like "Jules Verne, translated by ..." but then in Indonesian?

- We also have a neat recent thing that might be good for you in this project, to make it easier to get all the ID3 tags right: if you put in the title column in the MW exactly what you want the title ID3 tag to say, the software during cataloging can "pull" that info directly to each recording. That will mean I won't have to change them by hand if someone accidently makes a mistake. So it would be a big help if you could do that!
For the artist & album tag, that can also be automatically added at the cataloging stage. So if you put in the title tags in the MW, we could leave out the instructions on ID3 tags (making it perhaps a little less scary for newbie readers if they would like to join in).

- About the intro in Indonesian: why not also translate the "chapter.. of ..." in Indonesian? Would be even more cool!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll get the language "Indonesian" added to the database, so I can assign this project to the right language :) Oh, and are you going to do the proof-listening yourself, or are you looking for proof-listeners?

Anna
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Hello Anna,

Thank you for being our MC and giving me so much of your valuable opinion! I would shorten the filename as you have suggested, and afterwards have the name of the translator changed. As for the change in deadline you proposed, I would check with Christianese as she would be returning to Indonesia in a few weeks. Regarding the PL- I would like someone else to help me with that. How can I get about doing this?

Thank you!

Varra Unreal
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

G'Day Varra Unreal,
I can PL these as they come in, if that helps. I speak passable Indonesian but have little experience with the more formal written language. Now is as good a time as any to learn, I guess. (I note also in the wikisource text, the older spelling, which will take some getting used to, lots of dj and oe!)

Salam orang yang lancar bahasa Indonesia;
Aku orang Australia yang masih belajar bahasa Indonesia, memang tidak lancar! Aku ingin membantu proyek Jules Verne ini. Tolong beritahukan saya atas kesalahan bahasa apa pun, sehingga aku akan mempelajari.
Terima kasih
-David
lezer

Post by lezer »

Great, David! I'll put you in as DPL - that will be very much appreciated :D

Varra - I see that mysteriously some readers already appeared in the MW? You're going well! Are these readers just too shy to post in the thread or are you just assigning the chapters and telling them afterwards :wink:

I'll answer the other questions you PM'ed me by PM.

Shall I leave the project in the Launch Pad for one more day? Everyone can of course start recording, but it may attract some more readers while we're here!

Anna
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Thank you a lot, David!

Anna- Well, the readers I assigned are all friends of either me or Christianese, and we have gotten them to agree to read this book (of course they chose the chapters themselves). The second point- if you think that would get more readers for us, then why not?

Thank you to everyone!

Varra Unreal
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Salam kembali David,

maaf bahasa indonesiaku tidak selancar kamu jadi saya tidak bisa mengajari kamu bahasa indonesia. Apa kamu mau teks dalam ortografi baru? tetapi teks dalam ortografi baru ada banyak kesalahan. jika kamu mau, saya bisa mengirim kan teksnya kepada kamu atau saya bisa kirim teksnya disini.

Matur nuwun sanget- Terima kasih banyak!

Varra Unreal
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

Selamat siang Varra Unreal
(Tengah hari di sini di Australia, sekarang)
Tidak ada masalah mengenai teks baru, aku akan gunakan teks ortografi tua. Setelah beberapa bacaan, akhirnya huruf "dj" dan "oe" jadi dinormalkan!
Saya senang melihat bahasa Indonesia digunakan dalam Librivox. Baik sekali untuk belajar bahasa Indonesia. Juga, terima kasih atas proyek puisi Indonesia disini. Barangkali, kalau aku rasa berani aku akan coba membaca salah satu teks Indonesia untuk Librivox!
Maaf, aku tidak bisa sama sekaili bahasa Jawa, kecuali beberapa kata seperti "matur nuwun." (Aku pernah tingal di Surabaya selama satu tahun.)
Terima kasih banyak,
David
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

David, kamu bisa memilih salah satu bab disini jika kamu mau.
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Hello all,

Please note that I have changed the deadline to 20th February 2009.

Varra Unreal
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

David, kamu bisa memilih salah satu bab disini jika kamu mau.
Haduh, malu saya omong bahasa Indonesia yang resmi di Librivox! Tetapi, harus terus berani kalau ingin belajar. Baiklah, kalau masih ada bab yang kosong aku akan memilih salah satu bab Jules Verne; sesudah aku selasai bab lain di situs ini (untuk buku Leviathan oleh Thomas Hobbes).
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Terima kasih, David!
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

David,

Saya punya proyek watku- let me talk in English this time (you know how bad my Indonesian is):

My friend, Christianese, has already recorded six sections but we have only had time to edit one: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/80hari_01_verne.mp3 . Please note that Christianese claims that there is no such word as 'mengapatah' in Indonesian, so she reads 'mengapakah' instead. In some cases, she has also read 'sadja' as 'saya' as she told me that the latter would fit the context better. Please give us your opinion on these.

Thank you!
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

G'Day Varra Unreal,
OK, we'll talk English, though I'm sure your Indonesian is as least as good as my self taught efforts.
I would not be foolish enough to correct a native speaker, so I'm sure Christianese is correct in whatever she thinks is wrong in the text. For what it is worth, I could not find 'mengapatah' in my dictionary, so probably a typo, and I think maybe 'sadja' is an old spelling of saya? The first recording is great, a clear and lovely voice, with no major differences from text, so I can mark this as OK to Catalog if she wishes to leave as is. The only minor thing which could be edited is a repeated phrase "membatja-batja boekoe sadja" starting at about 5:18; (to do with this sadja/saya correction).

(edit; 0:00 repeat "Bab yang pertama dari Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari" )

Salam Christianese; rekaman satu baik sekali. Hanya satu masalah kecil;
Di waktu;
5:20
perlu memotong kata-kata; "membatja-batja boekoe sadja", karena terjadi dua kali di rekaman (maaf bahasa Indonesiaku tak lancar)

-David
Last edited by David Higham on November 6th, 2008, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Halo David,

Terima kasih telah mendengarkan rekaman Christianese. Kami akan coba membenarkan kesalahan. Mungkin nanti malam kamu bisa dengarkan lebih banyak rekaman.