[COMPLETE][Indonesian][Adventure]Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, J. Verne - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gtanuel

Post by gtanuel »

Terima kasih, David.

Aku memilih section 15.

Best regards.
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

Baiklah!
Nama gtanuel sudah detulis di MAGIC WINDOW untuk bab 15.
Harpannya,tidak lama lagi buku 80hari ini akan sudah selesai!
(Maaf bahasa Indonesiaku tak lancar. Aku orang Australia yang masih belajar!)
Best Regards,
David
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Thank you David and Anna for helping around so much in my absence! I'll be back probably by the end of this week to see what I can do to keep this project going.

Varra Unreal
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Hello David,

Finally I've gotten some time to edit one chapter:

URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/80hari_25_verne.mp3
Size: 16.8MB
Runtime: 18min 23s

Thanks! Hope it's fine.

Varra Unreal
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

Hi Varra,
Saya di Malaysia sekarang dan tidak lama lagi akan pergi ke Indonesia!
Hopefully my Indonesian will improve greatly and I'll then contribute.
Bab 25 baik sekaili...
OK to Catalog.
Cheers, Dave.
Varra Unreal

Post by Varra Unreal »

Thanks a million, David! As I have said, your ability in Indonesian seems to be way ahead of mine but don't worry- take your time to choose and record any available chapter. Thanks once more!

Varra Unreal
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hello Varra,
Hope you are well? I haven't seen you around for several months, and the last post here was 6 months ago. It is a real shame, but the project doesn't seem to be moving along any bit. Can you let me know your plans with it? I know that you know most of the readers, and are helping them with recording and editing - any idea whether this is still working - or should we orphan some chapters and hope for other Indonesian readers to come along? Perhaps David Higham will be able to help?

Let me know - it is a shame to have the recorded sections languish on our server...

I'll move this to Readers Found for the moment (where it should have been of course - my oversight!) - if I don't hear any response from you or perhaps some other Indonesian readers, I'll mark the project as "abandoned" and move it behind-the-scenes - for a potential future BC to pick up.

Best regards,
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

To everyone: this project has been re-vitalised as of today :D

Varra is very busy in her life right now. Her friends had sent her recordings for her to edit. These are now in the MW.

I will be taking over as BC - and I've orphaned all the sections that have not been recorded yet. So: any Indonesian readers out there? Come join us, it's fun! These are relatively short sections, good place to start out. I hope to find new readers, or old readers who know Indonesian :wink:

David - I hope you are still around to help us out as proof-listener?

I'm also looking for editors: in the MW is indicated what is needed. Some of the files are raw readings which still need to be gone through in detail, editing out all stumbles, overly long pauzes etc. Please also change the mp3 name while you're at it. A few of them only need minor edits, snipping out a repeat here and there. Any help greatly appreciated.

OK - if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Anna
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Section 01 edited as specified in the MW, noise cleaned, amplified, and re-uploaded with all ID3 tags and in mono:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/80hari_01_verne.mp3

13.27MB
13:49
lezer

Post by lezer »

Thank you so much!
So, how was the experience of editing in a language you don't know? :)
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Tricky. But the minor edit wasn't so bad.

The main trick was to remember to take the last edit first, so that the timings are all accurate.

There was one problem in that the first instance of one of the repeats didn't start right after a pause, so making a good edit was a challenge. I ended by taking the first word of the first instance and the remaining words of the second instance. It seemed to flow OK, but I can't really tell. Maybe the PL will let me know...
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Section 3, edited, noise cleaned, shortened silence at the beginning to 0.5 secs:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/80hari_03_verne.mp3

17.99 MB
18:44

Again, quite tough to do, but I think it's OK. I don't think I'm going to be able to do a full edit of section 4, however. We'll see, ..., tomorrow.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Thanks very much, Chris. I've sent a PM to David to find out whether he is able to do the PL.
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

G'day all,
I'm happy to help out by proof listening and doing editing as needed. Also I might brave reading some chapters if there are not enough native speaker readings. I'm in Indonesia at the moment over the next month so net access might be a bit sporadic. cheers Dave

(Salam, kalau ada orang Indonesia yang perlu bantuan denegan proyek ini, saya senang membantu, misalnya kalau rekeman perlu deperabaiki saya bisa tolong. Saya sebenarnya dalam perjalanan di Manado sekarang) Terima kasih, David)
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

I' afraid I'm going to have to give up on Bab 04; it's just too hard for me to do a complete edit on it.

However, I've joined the two part sections into one, converted them to mono, noise-cleaned and amplified them via compression. The result is at

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/80hari_04_verne.mp3

12.25 MB
12:45

It needs a proper edit I'm afraid, by someone who speaks the language. There are a lot of stumbles and repeats and long silences.