[COMPLETE][Indonesian][Adventure]Mengelilingi Doenia Dalam 80 Hari, J. Verne - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 29 needed heavy editing, but all the sentences were in, so it's PL ok as well

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 32 only needed noise-cleaning and amplification, the text: PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 33 needed some editing and noise-cleaning and also re-assigned to correct reader, now PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 34 PL ok after noise-cleaning. Some parts still have a bit of background noise left, but the text is understandable, so I will leave it like that.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 36 PL ok after noise-cleaning

Will check the last section tomorrow...tired now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Section 37 is also PL ok, a bit high background noise in the beginning but understandable enough so that we can use it.

Now I checked up on all the old files and only waiting for new readers to help finish this classic. 8-)

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Hi! I want to read Bab 35. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout melakoekan perintah toeannja dengan segeranja
Whoever has faith in God, He will 'rightly' guide their hearts 'through adversity'. Quran 64:11
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 1:56 amHi! I want to read Bab 35. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout melakoekan perintah toeannja dengan segeranja
great, thank you. Yes it's a short section to start with. Then I can give you feedback on how you did and if there are changes needed before you tackle another section.

I will sign you up now and create your reader page for you. Do you want to use another reader name or is your forum name ok like this ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/17519
all your projects and sections will be listed there :)

In the first post you will see how to read the intro disclaimer and how to name the file correctly.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Hi! I want to read "Bab 10. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout bersoekatjita, meski ia kehilangan sepatoenja, iapoen mendapat keselamatan djoega"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hasoinna wrote: June 8th, 2022, 7:08 amHi! I want to read "Bab 10. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout bersoekatjita, meski ia kehilangan sepatoenja, iapoen mendapat keselamatan djoega"
yay, thank you so much for jumping right in. 8-) Section 10 is reserved now for you.

So I opened your own personal reader page, where all your projects will be listed: https://librivox.org/reader/17536 If you want to go by another reader name, for example your real name, please let me know and I can still change that.

Now to the text, you can see the link in the first post, and all the details how to speak the intro disclaimer and how to name the file correctly are in that post as well.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to hearing your first section.

Sonia
tarabatubara

Post by tarabatubara »

Kitty wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 1:58 am
tarabatubara wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 1:56 amHi! I want to read Bab 35. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout melakoekan perintah toeannja dengan segeranja
great, thank you. Yes it's a short section to start with. Then I can give you feedback on how you did and if there are changes needed before you tackle another section.

I will sign you up now and create your reader page for you. Do you want to use another reader name or is your forum name ok like this ?

Sonia
Hi Sonia :D
I bring my recording,
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_35_verne_128kb.mp3
length 16:52
Whoever has faith in God, He will 'rightly' guide their hearts 'through adversity'. Quran 64:11
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tarabatubara wrote: June 13th, 2022, 8:10 amI bring my recording,
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_35_verne_128kb.mp3
length 16:52
yay, wonderful, and so fast, thank you so much, Tara :9:

so I had a listen now to the chapter, and you read very nicely, not too fast to follow and at a good pace. And concerning the text, I think you managed it word-perfect, from what I could hear. :thumbs: Very well done.

There are a few small edits I would suggest however, and a bit of a problem is the sound. :?

> the volume is a bit low. I know Checker tells you it's 87 dB, which would be fine, but this is an average, and many parts of your file are much lower, for example the whole intro, checked alone, only has 80 dB, which is too low. The ending after 14:00 is much louder in comparison.
The reason is you have some high peaks, which you can see in the long spikes in your recording. These won't let you amplify the whole without clipping (cutting off the peaks).
But I would suggest amplifying it all with +5 to make it a bit louder. You can tick the box "Allow clipping", then Audacity will let you do it. Usually we should not allow clipping as it may distort the audio, but I tried here and it is still ok.
If you need a step-by-step on how to do this, please let me know.
I was wondering whether maybe you did too much noise-cleaning ? Could you tell me what exactly you did in the noise-cleaning phase ?

Other things to edit inside the text:

> in the beginning: you start a bit abruptly, we recommend leaving between 0.5 to 1 second of silence, so that the audio doesn't get cut by some audioplayers. It doesn't matter so much for one recording, but I mention it for your future recordings ;)

> from 3:32 to 3:34: between "sekali dalam hatinja" and "Orang dapat mengetahoei" – could you shorten the long pause here a bit, over 2 seconds feels a bit long to wait for the text to continue

> at 16:31: "Akhir Bab Jang Ketiga Poeloeh Lima" – at the end you don't have to say the whole title, just say the number of the chapter, you can cut the title

> at 16:41: may I ask what you say here, it sounds like "kota panju malay", what does it mean ? :hmm: (just curious)

> at the end: you have nearly 10 seconds of silence, we ask for a standard of 5 seconds, (see first post for details) so you can cut half of it here as well

Thank you Tara, this was a really good first section. I hope you liked the recording process and are willing to stay around. 8-)

Just reupload with the exact same filename, then the old recording gets replaced by the new one.

Sonia
hasoinna

Post by hasoinna »

Kitty wrote: June 8th, 2022, 7:39 am
hasoinna wrote: June 8th, 2022, 7:08 amHi! I want to read "Bab 10. Peri meriwajatkan Passepartout bersoekatjita, meski ia kehilangan sepatoenja, iapoen mendapat keselamatan djoega"
yay, thank you so much for jumping right in. 8-) Section 10 is reserved now for you.

So I opened your own personal reader page, where all your projects will be listed: https://librivox.org/reader/17536 If you want to go by another reader name, for example your real name, please let me know and I can still change that.

Now to the text, you can see the link in the first post, and all the details how to speak the intro disclaimer and how to name the file correctly are in that post as well.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to hearing your first section.

Sonia
Hi Sonia!

Here's my recording :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_10_verne_128kb.mp3

Sorry it took longer to upload it, the total length is 12:52. Looking forward to getting your feedback on it :D

Hasta
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hasoinna wrote: June 19th, 2022, 3:04 amHere's my recording :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/80hari_10_verne_128kb.mp3

Sorry it took longer to upload it, the total length is 12:52. Looking forward to getting your feedback on it :D
thank you so much, Hasta, and don't worry about "taking longer". In fact, I think you were very fast for your first section, and it was not a short section after all. The usual deadline for a section is 2 months, so anything we can get earlier is a bonus. :9:

And your reading was excellent, and the pacing was nice too. You did not leave too long pauses, but you also didn't rush through it. Sometimes it was a bit fast for me to follow with the text, but I don't speak Indonesian, so I am sure that native speakers who listen to this will follow along just fine.

The text was word-perfect (as far as I can judge ;) ). Technical settings all ok too.

There is only one small thing to edit right at the start:

> at the beginning: we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second of silence maximum, you have nearly 2 which seems a bit long for the audio to start, I would cut to under 1 here.

Nothing else needs to be changed, this was a perfect job for a first section. :clap:

I do have a question though, out of curiosity: in the beginning you leave out the word "jang" in "Bab Jang Kesepoeloeh", later you say it, is that important ? Or is it like saying "number" in English, which we also can leave out ? :hmm:

Just reupload with the exact same filename, then the old one will get replaced by the new one and I can have another look.

I hope you enjoyed the recording and editing process and that I can tempt you to another chapter here. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, and have a good Sunday still (probably evening where you are located).

Sonia