Ukrainian suggestions

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Аня, вашей смелой гарантией спасен третий выпуск! :clap:

Tan, спасибо, что посмотрели текст. Надеюсь, что вас и других участников заинтересуют там какие-нибудь сказки, на том или другом языке, если у вас найдется свободное время. Очень приятно видеть прогресс наших украинских проектов! :thumbs:

Миша
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Kazbek wrote: March 14th, 2021, 1:44 pm Hello, everyone!

We just finished the second volume of Afanasyev's fairy tale collection and were discussing the next one. The first nine tales of the third volume were recorded in the Grodno Governorate. I'm not sure what language/dialect these are in (a form of Belarusian, I guess?), but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle it, and likewise most Russian speakers. I was going to skip this volume and go directly to the fourth, but Anya suggested that Ukrainian speakers may be able to read it without too much difficulty. Could you take a look and let me know what you think?

https://archive.org/details/iiiiv00libg_920/page/n3/mode/2up

Would you be interested in participating? You'd be welcome to read them "in" standard Ukrainian, or in whatever way sounds natural to your ears, in the same way that readers have read dialectal elements in other tales in a way that was more or less spontaneously adapted to their own linguistic background. We might set up a separate project for these nine tales, with a different language tag.

Thanks!
Misha
Howdie! 🖐

I`m not able to understand nor to read this text decently( 🦧
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hello again, everyone!

The third volume of Afanasyev's fairy tales has been launched, and I also wanted to mention here the last 4 sections, "Малороссийские анекдоты". I don't know how close they are to standard modern Ukrainian, but I'm guessing Ukrainian speakers would be uniquely qualified to read them. :) Hope they will interest some of you!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=86326

Misha
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Kazbek wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:54 pm Hello again, everyone!

The third volume of Afanasyev's fairy tales has been launched, and I also wanted to mention here the last 4 sections, "Малороссийские анекдоты". I don't know how close they are to standard modern Ukrainian, but I'm guessing Ukrainian speakers would be uniquely qualified to read them. :) Hope they will interest some of you!

Misha
Hello! I couldn`t read it well but I`ll ask about it to my wife who is a linguist in Ukrainian and Russian languages. Tomorrow, just as she`ll wake up.
Stay safe! 🍏
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

HandmadePSK wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:28 pm
Kazbek wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:54 pm Hello again, everyone!

Misha
Hello! I couldn`t read it well but I`ll ask about it to my wife who is a linguist in Ukrainian and Russian languages. Tomorrow, just as she`ll wake up.
Stay safe! 🍏
What a luck! Alexander, please show her sections 2÷10 as well.
Thank you :D
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello and OK! 👍
May you help me pls? My first book to PLing I found on an only one LV page with all the current books which needed PLing. And now I cannot find that exact page. FAQs send me to various threads on the forum where I easily lose myself in a ton of other things.
But I remember well that there was ONLY ONE LIST of all the current projects in all the languages, all together.
Do you have that link? 🌸
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HandmadePSK wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:09 pm Hello and OK! 👍
May you help me pls? My first book to PLing I found on an only one LV page with all the current books which needed PLing. And now I cannot find that exact page. FAQs send me to various threads on the forum where I easily lose myself in a ton of other things.
But I remember well that there was ONLY ONE LIST of all the current projects in all the languages, all together.
Do you have that link? 🌸
A-ha, here it is: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Project_Status_Table#PL_Status_Table%E2%80%9D
So don`t worry pls, I`m OK) 🥑
HannaPonomarenko

HandmadePSK wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:23 pm
HandmadePSK wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:09 pm Hello and OK! 👍
Do you have that link? 🌸
A-ha, here it is: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Project_Status_Table#PL_Status_Table%E2%80%9D
So don`t worry pls, I`m OK) 🥑
I didn't know this existed :hmm: :)
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

I didn't know this existed :hmm: :)
You`re welcome! 🤎
My specialization is to make people meet the things and beings they never suspected to exist. An albino tiger with butterfly wings, for example) 👦
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

What a luck! Alexander, please show her sections 2÷10 as well.
Thank you :D
My dear wife smiled, recalling years of study at the university - she read these fairy tales then. But it seems that they have been Russified there, either specifically selected and such a language she does not remember there. Yes, Ukrainian-speaking people should be able to read them well, though they are far from the modern Ukrainian. 🍀
But if she was supposed to do it, she would take advantage of a special dialectal vocabulary in order to pronounce some letters correctly. However, now the work schedule does not allow her to do it. 🐛
HannaPonomarenko

HandmadePSK wrote: April 1st, 2021, 5:23 pm Yes, Ukrainian-speaking people should be able to read them well, though they are far from the modern Ukrainian. 🍀
I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone with this thought :D
But if she was supposed to do it, she would take advantage of a special dialectal vocabulary in order to pronounce some letters correctly. However, now the work schedule does not allow her to do it. 🐛
I'm afraid, it doesn't exist. Our aim is to tell a story, so I put stresses with all intuition I have as a bilingual person. You, Alexander, might guess that my Ukrainan base in not too deep;) but I try to make such fairy tales sound like a music creating some rythmic pattern)
It seems, few of our listeners will be professors educated enough to point out the wrong stresses, but all of them should enjoy the story. People of 19 century who collected the tales did their best to convey the sounds and we do our best to read them and have fun :D

Working alone I plan to finish by the end of the year, so a single fairy tale read by someone else will bring the project to catalogue the whole month earlier)

Thank you both) It was a pleasure to hear a linguist's opinion)
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 1st, 2021, 6:26 pm Thank you both) It was a pleasure to hear a linguist's opinion)
You`re welcome! 💝
Time is such relative!.. Therefore, a hurry is for nothing. Little by little, we`ll do everything we have to do! 🌼
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I hope your wife will find time to join us, Alexander! As Anya said, we aren't aiming for complete linguistic authenticity. Our objective is to enjoy making these audiobooks and hopefully listeners will share our enjoyment. :) The language of some of the Russian fairy tales in this series is also quite different from standard Russian, and I encourage all readers to read their text in whatever way they find natural.

Misha
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Kazbek wrote: April 1st, 2021, 7:04 pm
I hope your wife will find time to join us, Alexander!
Not this year, I imagine. ⌚
As Anya said, we aren't aiming for complete linguistic authenticity.
Yeah, it`s a good kick to our perfectionism! 😹
Our objective is to enjoy making these audiobooks and hopefully listeners will share our enjoyment. :)
And you do it well. Thnx! 💞
HannaPonomarenko

HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 20th, 2021, 3:11 am
Почему бы и нет?) Я, правда, хотела бы что-то менее похмурое) Смотрела сочинения Леси Украинки, но нашла пока только один негрустный стих "Сим струн" https://archive.org/details/libgen_00700745/page/n50/mode/1up - закину в Multilinual collection.
Ура! Опубликован стих "Сим струн" к 150-летию Леси Украинки)
https://librivox.org/multilingual-short-works-collection-029-poetry-prose-by-various/