ITA - New project for 15 people team

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Hi All
The project has started!
I've done some things outside the platform: sent the book to the readers, sent Audacity .exe through Teams because Outlook blocked the emails, assigned the Chapters.
Still waiting the installation feedback from all the participant. Tomorrow I'll pan the 1 minute test and if everything will be ok, I'll proceed with the Librivox platform steps.
I'll keep you informed!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

How exciting! :clap:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Good!
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:41 pm Readers sign up a few days before the event to allow for enough time for their accounts to be activated.
Hi Rapunzelina, we are almost ready to start the process. Sorry for the delay, but I had some business issue to solve and not enough time to stop and coordinate the group.
If I correctly understood, all the team members have to register themselves to the LibriVox Forum.
Is it correct?
Any suggestion?
Then I have prepared a step by step guide with the Audacity set up, and 1-minute test registration and upload. Is it possible to have a massive upload done by a single member (maybe me) or is necessary that everyone upload his mp3 file?
Thanks, I wait your answer before proceeding.
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Rapunzelina, Pier,
what do you think if, in the meantime we complete registration procedures an the audio test, I open the project through the Project Template Generator?
Ciao, Marzia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Marzia! Exciting!

It is the norm for each reader to have their own account. But it is not without precedent that a group of readers have used one single account e.g. with the name of their school or class. Having separate accounts offers more advantages with regard to proper reader attribution, and the established account if any of your readers enjoy this and decide to continue volunteering with Librivox readings. Having a single account probably makes it easier for the readers (not having to go through the registration process) if indeed there is no interest in further volunteering past your Annual Day of Caring.

If you are doing the uploading of all the final recordings, you can also do the test uploading. If the readers are uploading their own recordings, it's best if they also upload their own tests so that they get familiar with the process.

In the meantime, yes you can go ahead and start the project through the Template Generator and post in the Launch Pad.
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 12:53 pm Hi Marzia! Exciting!

It is the norm for each reader to have their own account. But it is not without precedent that a group of readers have used one single account e.g. with the name of their school or class. Having separate accounts offers more advantages with regard to proper reader attribution, and the established account if any of your readers enjoy this and decide to continue volunteering with Librivox readings. Having a single account probably makes it easier for the readers (not having to go through the registration process) if indeed there is no interest in further volunteering past your Annual Day of Caring.

If you are doing the uploading of all the final recordings, you can also do the test uploading. If the readers are uploading their own recordings, it's best if they also upload their own tests so that they get familiar with the process.

In the meantime, yes you can go ahead and start the project through the Template Generator and post in the Launch Pad.
DONE! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=83863
I hope everything is ok... :shock:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

So far everything OK! I have set it up with a Magic Window. We can continue discussion in the project thread now!

Don't hesitate to ask for any support you need, or if anything is unclear, etc.
gianlucagiardiello

Post by gianlucagiardiello »