ITA - New project for 15 people team

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Anyway, any choice you will make, I assure my full collaboration, as DPL, or anything!
Pier :thumbs:
Note: funny thing : Gutenberg site is working again from my phone ( previously it didn't work from it as well) but not yet from my PC. Is that a good sign they are going to unblock it?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I wonder... Maybe your phone is currently using a non-Italian satellite to connect :lol:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 5th, 2020, 1:37 am Unluckily Gutenberg site is not yet accessible from Italy.
I could not even access the link kindly supplied by Rapunzelina!
Here is a list of some Italian book (extracted from a link I was kindly supplied a few weeks ago) that somehow I think could be extracted anyway from Gutenberg:
A

Could you better specify the kind of books your group would like to read?
Pier
Hi Pier, thanks for your list. With my colleague we have seen it and also all the Italian Gutemberg catalogue.
We are thinking to Oscar Wild - Il fantasma di Canterville, or we would like Peter Pan or Sherlock Holmes too, but are not in Gutemberg Project italian list. We have seen also Afredo Panzini with Che cos'è l'amore or Tarchetti and they seems interesting. We have started to read them to do a better choice.
Thanks for your support, it is really appreciated.
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 5th, 2020, 5:15 am Will each participant download audacity and record on their own computer? Sorry for the many questions. I am trying to visualize the setup so I can better make suggestions. Thanks! :D

As for a book, you could ask your group if they'd prefer reading fiction or non-fiction, to limit down the options. I would suggest a book with about 15 chapters, so that each participant reads one chapter (or if not, some might read two, or some might not read at all). That would be books around 300kb size in gutenberg.
For example, I have found a couple candidates from Pier's list that offer 15 sections:
Un cavallo nella luna: Novelle by Luigi Pirandello https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/56775
Eh! la vita....: Novelle by Luigi Capuana https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/42698
and there are probably more.
Yes, each participant will download audacity and record on his/her computer.
About your second suggestion I'm totally agree with you and I'll try to search books also looking for the book size.
As I wrote to Pier, Un cavallo nella luna could be one of our choice, Oscar Wild too.
My colleague and I we are reading some titles to choose the best one. I'll let you know which one as soon we as we'll choose it. Thank you again
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Here's how I imagine the timeline, in consideration with Librivox processes.
Readers sign up a few days before the event to allow for enough time for their accounts to be activated. You'll probably help them download and set up audacity with the correct settings. Then each reader uploads a sample recording to check the tech specs, as per the one minute test https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Test_di_1_minuto
or in English
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
also a day or two before the event to allow for corrections.

At around that time you could post your chosen book in the Launch Pad (there are instructions here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13515
So it's all ready for the day of the event.

Then people record their assigned sections. Usually it's impossible to read through a text without any errors or pauses, or coughs, or breaks for a drink, etc. So, after recording, it's a good idea to go through the recording with the text and correct/delete any repetitions, pauses, wrong words, etc. After that, I would suggest for someone else of the participants to listen through another one's recording, that is proof-listening each other's recording. The recordings will be proof-listened after uploading in Librivox, anyway, to get the official ok for cataloguing. But being pre-proof-listened will ensure that they will be alright, so there will hopefully be no need for the participants to come back for corrections another day. And the participants will also have experienced this part of Librivox, the proof listening. Maybe some will enjoy that more :D

Let me know if this makes sense, and what you think. Thanks!
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Aggiungo solo qualche breve suggerimento, all'ottima proposta di schema di lavoro di Rapunzelina, a proposito di come effettuare correzioni su Audacity, anche se magari le sapete già.
Innanzitutto potrete ridurre i rumori di fondo con l'apposito comando di Audacity.
Poi, quando riascoltando una traccia trovate un errore come una parola letta in modo sbagliato o coperta da altri rumori, evidenziate il tratto interessato nella traccia e, premendo il pulsante rosso di registrazione, registrate nuovamente la parola o la frase interessata. Si genererà una seconda traccia sotto la prima con la nuova registrazione. A questo punto copiate la porzione della nuova traccia con la frase interessata e incollatela nella prima traccia al posto della frase da correggere.
Alla fine eliminate la o le tracce di correzione sotto la prima.e lasciate solo la prima traccia corretta.
Vedrete che è un processo facile e veloce. Buon lavoro!
Un ulteriore consiglio, al fine di accelerare i tempi, cercando di fare sì che i files MP3 che caricherete su LVX siano il più corretti possibili:
Bisogna fare attenzione al fatto che LibriVoX accetta solo un determinato livello di intensità sonora in decibel.
Se volete potete verificare voi stessi che il livello sia corretto usando lo strumento "Checker" reperibile su LVX e poi fare le eventuali correzioni di livello sonoro con Audacity.
Uno strumento utile per impostare un corretto livello sonoro è anche il plug-in di controllo livello sonoro che si può implementare su Audacity. Se vi interessano maggiori dettagli su questi ultimi due punti , ve li fornirò più tardi, davanti al PC: ora sto scrivendo dal telefonino.
A disposizione per ogni altro chiarimento che vi potesse essere utile,
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

E, se possono esservi utili, ecco le indicazioni sul programma Checker:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

e sul plug-in di Audacity ReplayGain:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain
o il video youtube:
https://youtu.be/jwmSVJIDeVM
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Pier and Rapunzelina
Pier and Rapunzelina thank you very much for your precious support.
I will follow the check and the steps you suggest, I'm planning them for the next few days
Within tomorrow I'll know how many of my Company will choose this project, but in the meantime I have chosen the book to read: it will be Oscar Wilde with the Canterville Ghost.
I hope you agree with this choice.
Thanks again, I'll be back as soon I'll have some news.
Last edited by LaMolly on November 8th, 2020, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

just dor your information - it's Oscar Wilde. I don't know why - there is probably a reason. Maybe it was just that some ancestor thought Wilde looked better than Wild :D . It's easier to be correct when you set it up than to have to change it afterwards.

Anne
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

annise wrote: November 8th, 2020, 4:09 am just dor your information - it's Oscar Wilde. I don't know why - there is probably a reason. Maybe it was just that some ancestor thought Wilde looked better than Wild :D . It's easier to be correct when you set it up than to have to change it afterwards.

Anne
Thank you. Anne. It was a typo. :-)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly wrote: November 8th, 2020, 3:24 am
Pier and Rapunzelina
Pier and Rapunzelina thank you very much for your precious support.
I will follow the check and the steps you suggest, I'm planning them for the next few days
Within tomorrow I'll know how many of my Company will choose this project, but in the meantime I have chosen the book to read: it will be Oscar Wilde with the Canterville Ghost.
I hope you agree with this choice.
Thanks again, I'll be back as soon I'll have some news.
Buona scelta! Immagino la scelta sia caduta su questo testo, oltre che per l’interesse per il testo, per il fatto anche che contiene un numero di capitoli adatti al vostro programma.
Vi chiedo solo la cortesia di confermarmi se l’edizione scelta è questa:
“The Project Gutenberg EBook of Il fantasma di Canterville e il delitto di
Lord Savile, by Oscar Wilde
This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere in the United States and
Title: Il fantasma di Canterville e il delitto di Lord Savile
Author: Oscar Wilde
Illustrator: G. Mazzoni
Translator: G. Vannicola
Release Date: October 28, 2019 [EBook #60586]”

Questo solo perché persiste la mia difficoltà ad accedere normalmente al sito Gutenberg e nel caso dovessi fare il controllo PL devo essere sicuro di usare il testo corretto.
Buona continuazione del progetto,
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Ciao Pier.
Esatto, confermo essere quella edizione.
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

LaMolly wrote: November 8th, 2020, 2:35 pm Ciao Pier.
Esatto, confermo essere quella edizione.
Pier, mi confermi con esattezza qual è la frase da leggere in apertura e chiusura libro, e quale ad ogni inzio e fine capitolo?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly wrote: November 8th, 2020, 3:55 pm
Pier, mi confermi con esattezza qual è la frase da leggere in apertura e chiusura libro, e quale ad ogni inzio e fine capitolo?
Quando sarete pronti dovrai compilare il template:
https://librivox.org/add_project
Vi si accede da:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13515
Per lanciare un nuovo progetto.
Compilato il template si genererà automaticamente la pagina iniziale del vostro progetto con tutte le indicazioni necessarie (incluso cosa leggere all'inizio e alla fine di ogni sezione della MW).
Poi incollerai il testo in un post del thread "New Project Launch pad" e un MC ( MetaCoordinator) come Rapunzelina lo raccoglierà inserendo la MW (Magic Window) e potrete partire.
Comunque, per darti l'idea del testo da leggere, sarà simile a questo, di un progetto da me curato, ovviamente sostituendo il vostro titolo e il vostro autore a " odi barbare di Carducci":
ALL'INIZIO della registrazione
"Sezione [numero] di Odi Barbare di Giosuè Carducci. Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le registrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visitate il sito: librivox PUNTO org."
Se vuoi, puoi dire: Registrazione di [il tuo nome], [città, il tuo blog, podcast, indirizzo web]"
Dire:
[Titolo della sezione]"

ALLA FINE della registrazione
Alla fine di ogni sezione, devi dire:
"Fine della Sezione [numero]"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
Registrazione di [il tuo nome], [città, il tuo blog, podcast, indirizzo web]"
Alla fine del libro devi dire in aggiunta:
"Fine di Odi Barbare, di Giosuè Carducci. "

Pier