[DR] [Russian] Alphabet & PD issue [SOLVED]

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi!
I want to do a dramatic reading in Russian of Chekhov's story "Человек в футляре" using the google docs colored file approach. I will loose the original old spelling in this case. Could you please tell me if it will couse any problems related to PD?

The text source is here https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=inu.32000004602175&view=1up&seq=48

I myself think it will be OK, because a google docs colored file is just an auxiliary thing and we meet PD condition as long as the recording matches the original source, but we need an expert's opinion for some readers could find it doubtful)

Is it OK to have just Sec 0 for Dramatic personae and Sec 1 for the story itself?

Please advise)
Thanks!
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on March 16th, 2021, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You're right. As long as the recording matches the PD source, it doesn't matter if the google docs has different spelling. Not knowing anything about Russian myself, I'm not in a position to know whether that different spelling would cause the words themselves to be different at all. But the best check against changes sneaking in is to have your DPL listen to the final completed sections while following along with the original source text, not with your google docs.

And yes, section 0 for Dramatis Personae is totally fine and has been done for many other DRs already. :)
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

mightyfelix wrote: October 9th, 2020, 8:13 am You're right. As long as the recording matches the PD source, it doesn't matter if the google docs has different spelling. Not knowing anything about Russian myself, I'm not in a position to know whether that different spelling would cause the words themselves to be different at all. But the best check against changes sneaking in is to have your DPL listen to the final completed sections while following along with the original source text, not with your google docs.

And yes, section 0 for Dramatis Personae is totally fine and has been done for many other DRs already. :)
Thank you! I just found it strang to have only two sections, but then decided to devide the text.