Interested in Spanish plays?

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

VocalPenguin has suggested a collection of one-act plays by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra: viewtopic.php?p=1786216#p1786216

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/57955

We'd need at least 15-20 Spanish speakers to pull this off, since each character should be voiced by a different person. But I don't want to commit to it unless I know there would be enough interested readers to make the project work. In addition to readers, we'd want a DPL (preferably one experienced in PLing plays and DRs) and ideally, an editor, both fluent in Spanish. It is possible for someone who is not fluent to fill both of these jobs, but the final result would almost certainly not be as good.

My own Spanish is still extremely basic, but I think this is an interesting project.
schrm

Post by schrm »

My own Spanish is still extremely basic, but I think this is an interesting project.
second this - and i would be able to learn and remember with recording...at least a little bit
but since spanish is my 4th language and i never was able to understand it, i would claim an easy mini role at the most
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Hi folks!!

I just notice this idea I have postes it on the forum "Sugerencias de libros en espaňol" with a link redirected here. I think is the thread with more chances to reach more librivox spanish speakers. Good luck!
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ah, great! Thanks!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Doing all 11 of them in one project seems very ambitious... would not do one (or some subset) at a time? I'm interested in theory, but I'm afraid every time I try speaking Spanish it comes out Italian. :roll:

Michael
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It would be ambitious, but very much possible to a BC experienced with DRs, who knows how to organize and keep track of various roles in each play. I feel confident in doing this, or Todd has also expressed that he would be willing. I don't think that doing each one separately would be advisable, because then you would end up with several catalogue entries, each with only one section. If we do these, they'd need to go in a collection of some sort, so they may as well stay together.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Maybe we could have a "Multilingual 1-act Play Collection" or a "One Act Play Collection Vol. xx - Multilingual" (whenever it is ready).

There must be many short plays out there in all sorts of languages. You could offer one Cervantes play to begin with, then wait until it's (mostly) filled, then start the next one... and somebody could do a French one or a German one...

The only problem I see is finding PLers for all the languages, but if it's done like the English 1-act plays where every individual play's BC is responsible for that (and for editing too), it should be doable.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Lombardi

Post by Lombardi »

mightyfelix wrote: October 1st, 2020, 5:06 pm VocalPenguin has suggested a collection of one-act plays by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra: viewtopic.php?p=1786216#p1786216

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/57955

We'd need at least 15-20 Spanish speakers to pull this off, since each character should be voiced by a different person. But I don't want to commit to it unless I know there would be enough interested readers to make the project work. In addition to readers, we'd want a DPL (preferably one experienced in PLing plays and DRs) and ideally, an editor, both fluent in Spanish. It is possible for someone who is not fluent to fill both of these jobs, but the final result would almost certainly not be as good.

Hello:
I am a new Spanish volunteer who has already recorded some work and I am interested if there are possibilities of integrating a project of this type.
Greetings
Lombardi
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

Hi!
Are there any updates on this project?
If there is an experienced BC to handle this I'm sure there would be enough interest from readers to pull this off :D
Back until end of August.
Catching up on some recordings
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

I'll throw my hat in the ring as a potential reader. Though it's not my first language, and I'm only "not quite fluent, but I can see it from here," I did a great deal of reading in (modern) Spanish for the Audio Information Network of Colorado up through April of last year, so I should be able to pass muster.

Watching this thread for further developments!
Nicole J. LeBoeuf. It rhymes with "I write stuff."
Recently completed: What Dreams May Come (Gertrude Artherton)
Say hi on Mastodon!
margarethbqz

Post by margarethbqz »

tefavidal wrote: February 1st, 2023, 11:38 am Hi!
Are there any updates on this project?
If there is an experienced BC to handle this I'm sure there would be enough interest from readers to pull this off :D
Así es, también me intereso el proyecto...
Margareth Bohórquez
pandsax

Post by pandsax »

¡Hola! Yo estaría interesada también. Soy nueva en Librivox, hablante nativa de español, y buscando un proyecto en el que aportar.
iberisso

Post by iberisso »

Hola! puedo leer en español, soy hablante nativa de castellano rioplatense. Mi ùnica limitación es que solo puedo comprometerme durante enero y febrero de 2024.
Saludos!
Sigma1Voice

Post by Sigma1Voice »

Hello,

I am very excited to start this journey!
I am new to the industry and I am looking forward to contribute and build up experience. The project seem very interesting! Spanish plays sounds great.
I am fluent in Spanish, English, French, German, German and Romanian(native)!
If you want to take a leap of faith and get your content narrated by a newbie, please let me know!