[VIETNAMESE] Vietnamese Projects - Dự án tiếng Việt

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
tranminhson

Post by tranminhson »

Hi All,

I want to create a new project in Vietnamese. But there is no option for Vietnamese in the "Language" field.

Can you help please? Thanks!

Son
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We can add the language, but since this is your very first post, there are a couple things you should do first:

(1) We STRONGLY encourage a one-minute test (LINK) to check your technical settings. It's not an audition, but to make sure you're exporting at the correct bit rate, have your recording in mono, etc. It would be a shame to record a whole section, only to have to scrap it and redo it because of some simple setting that is incorrect.

(2) Claim, record, and get OK'd at least one section in a group project. This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems. It isn't simply sitting down and recording. There's editing to do - and that often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. In my experience, a ballpark estimate of 95% of brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Please test the waters first before jumping in. :) If you are uncomfortable with English, you could submit something to the Multilingual Collection: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=75048 or submit the Vietnamese version of the Declaration of Human Rights: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=62306

Any work submitted for LibriVox has to be out of copyright in the USA. That usually means that it was published in or before 1923. Do you have a certain text in mind? We can verify whether it's PD before you launch it, if you'll post a link to the text.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine