Spanish proof listener needed?

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

My friend's niece has cerebral palsy and does not speak well, but she earned a Master's Degree in Spanish and might be interested in becoming a proof listener. She can use a computer, although slowly. Is there a need for a listener of Spanish books?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

your friend's niece is absolutely welcome to prooflisten in Spanish projects. I made a short check in our solos and saw no less than 6 Spanish projects that are in need of a DPL. If you want to check them out, there is something for every taste. Some projects have already started and have files that wait to be PLed. Some haven't started yet, but may get an incentive to start once they have a DPL:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73018
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74634
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72055
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74127
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74370
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74369

If she is interested in PLing, please make a registration for her, so she can have a personal reader/PL page. Even if you or your friend will handle the posting aspect for her, it's good that it's done under her own name. If she only wants to PL she doesn't have to make a one-minute-test.

Then she has to post in the thread she is interested in to PL and offer her help. You can probably tell her all about what to look out for, the technical settings she needs to check, etc. Maybe you want to read these pages first:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

If she cannot check technical settings, simply make a mention in the thread and the MC will handle that part of the job.

We are happy to have help in the Spanish projects, because as you can see, there is definitely a need for prooflisteners.

Tell your friend's niece a big thank you from us all. :D

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.