[HELP FOUND] French : a letter a two pages long

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson » August 13th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm recording the biography of Lord Thomas Cochrane, who was a Royal Navy captain during and just after the Napoleonic period.

At one point, the Greek independence movement writes to him, asking him to come fight for Greece, but the letter is in French. Could anyone volunteer to read it please?

https://archive.org/stream/lifethomaslordc01bourgoog#page/n342

The topic for the book is viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64427

Thank you.

Timothy
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » August 14th, 2018, 1:14 am

Hi Timothy,

so do you want the letter to be read by someone else to be inserted, or do you want it as template, so you can copy the pronuciation and read it yourself ?

I can read the letter, if you don't mind that I'm a female reader. Also, while French is not my mother tongue, I learnt it as a child and am daily immersed in it, so I'm fluent in it and know all the correct pronunciations. No problems there.

Just let me know how fast you need it.

Sonia

lagroupiedupianiste

Post by lagroupiedupianiste » August 15th, 2018, 4:06 am

Hi Timothy,

I'm French and I've been living in France my all life, so if you want your letter to be read (I'm a woman) I'd be glad to help ! :D

Best regards,
Léna.

Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson » August 17th, 2018, 4:27 am

Sorry for failing to reply sooner. I have some health issues which are cutting into my computer time. 8(

I'd like the letter to be read in French: my accent's Australian, and I can't do the European "rolled R" sound, so there's no way for me to do it that doesn't sound incorrect.

I'm very happy for it to be read by a female voice.

As to when I need it by...a couple of months? I can do the later chapters and circle back to this one.

Thank you so much for replaying. If either of you would like to claim it, please do.

Thanks again,

Timothy

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » August 18th, 2018, 1:11 am

Timothy Ferguson wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 4:27 am
I'd like the letter to be read in French: my accent's Australian, and I can't do the European "rolled R" sound, so there's no way for me to do it that doesn't sound incorrect.
oh luckily you don't have to do the rolled R in French. That would be more for Italian. While some regions in France roll the R, it is not necessary for correct pronunciation.
As to when I need it by...a couple of months? I can do the later chapters and circle back to this one.
Thank you so much for replaying. If either of you would like to claim it, please do.
I have a bit of time now so I'll do it. Just letting the other reader know, so we don't do double work. :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » August 18th, 2018, 1:52 am

update: I already finished it, and I will post it in the correct project thread :)

Sonia

Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson » August 20th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Thank you so much!