Interested in Bengali recordings

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
boygeniusrudra

Post by boygeniusrudra »

Bengali is the seventh most spoken native language in the world. It represents the most easterly branch of the Indo-European language family, the second most spoken language in India and the official language of Bangladesh, grossing around 240 millions of total users. I am very much interested in recording in Bengali, it being my native language, I feel its my moral duty too.

I am looking for suggestions and co-operation from you all, as i don't know how to start in a complete different language than what others had tried so far. I really need a lot of help regarding this. As I can see the Proof Listening and Book Coordinating will be one among the important issues here, I want the admins to please look in to this and tell me, if I can manage to do what I wish for.

Thanks in advance, and eagerly waiting for honest support from the community. :help: :help:
-Hope
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Adding a language is not difficult - finding a PD text can be/
Surely there are books written 1922 or before by Tagore in Bengali on line somewhere ?. If you can find a text we can use someone will help you get going. I can't find them because I can't read the script so can not tell when they were published.

So find a text
decide if you are going to read it yourself or going to make it a group and someone will take it from there with you
The other path you could follow is
Find a text - if it's a poem of a story less then 70 mins long , then you read it for the multiLingual collection viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62175

Anne
boygeniusrudra

Post by boygeniusrudra »

Dear Anne,
Good to see your reply. As I have said I have been planning this for long now, and yes I have found some books under public domain including bothh Tagore and Other writers. Wikipedia has been working on it, ie,, a public domain on bengali literature similar project like Gutenberg is also there in bengali literature. I have done the preliminary research work with it and confident to pull out some prose and poetry from the public domains. Now I need your help to guide me through the rest of the process cuz I believe u will need someone to verify if I am correct in all respects. There in I seek your guidance. Fyi I can post the link for the domain, https://bn.wikisource.org/wiki/%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A7%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8_%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE
Hope to get some good help in this matter and start my project ASAP
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Hope,

I'm glad you decided to join us! ;)

Do you mean the setup and recording process itself? If so, you can find all the necessary information in the welcome email you received when you registered on the forum. The entire newbie guide can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

The first thing to do after acquiring the necessary hardware and software is to do a 1-minute test recording to check your technical settings. This can be in English or any language you choose, the content itself is not important. When done, please post it in the Listeners Wanted forum where experienced volunteers will provide feedback and help you. More info for the test: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

After you have received the OK for the test, I advise you to start with a short recording, for example in the multilingual collection Anne has already mentioned above. You can also try a short section or two in English in the Short Works forum, e.g. the Weekly Poetry or any project you find interesting. Of course, you can also try yourself at proof-listening if you find an interesting project that is looking for a proof-listener. All this will help you to get acquainted with the claiming process and the Magic Window (the status table you see in the first posts of the projects)

After that you can decide whether you want to start a solo or a group project with others. In both cases you would be the book coordinator. Here's a guide for BCing but you would also receive further information from the admins (how to access the Magic Window etc): http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

That's it basically, the most important thing is that you read through the newbie guide very carefully. If you have any further questions, we are here to help :)
Diana
boygeniusrudra

Post by boygeniusrudra »

Okey dokey and thankie. :mrgreen:
will surely do the same