[FI Ethno] Suomen suvun pakanallinen jumalanpalvelus / Krohn

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Pirvonen

Post by Pirvonen »

Hmph. There is a lovely summary review of the shamanistic rites and practices of Fenno-Ugric peoples, "Suomen suvun pakanallinen jumalanpalvelus", written by Julius Krohn and edited by his son Kaarle Krohn. The book was published in 1894, and the copyrights of both the author and the editor have expired even in life+70 countries.

I was trying to find the book online. The information at http://books.google.com/books?id=mqwsAAAAYAAJ seems to indicate that the book has been scanned. I was unable to access it, however. Do I understand correctly that Google has taken a book from Harvard University collections, scanned it, and is now selling these scans in cheap POD format?

Anyhoo, while I have the book in my bookshelf, it would be helpful for other interested readers to be able to read from an online resource. sacred-texts.org has some references to Kaarle Krohn, but this work doesn't seem to be with them. Any hints?

//Pirv
kattekliek

Post by kattekliek »

Interesting subject; a pitty my Finnish is so rusty :lol: When looking for library references in Google Books, I could only find paper versions, no scans. Couldn‘t you scan your book and upload it to archive.org instead? I’ve now also scanned a book, will register at archive.org and upload it today :)
Do you live in Europe, Canada, Australia, ... any country where death date of author determines if a book is in the Public Domain? Come to legamus.eu to record books published in 1923 or later, written by authors dead since >70 years!