[FR] En Famille d'Hector Malot (english text also available

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
azaliacc

Post by azaliacc »

En - I know there's some wiki page where I should be uploading this, but I can see how....

Fr - Je sais qu'il y a une page sur le wiki de VibriVox ou je devrais poster les suggestions, mais les instructions ne sont pas claire, et je n'es rien compri.
____

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/13793
La traduction en Anglais est aussi sur gutenberg.org, mais si c'est possible de le lire dans la version original...
Last edited by azaliacc on January 23rd, 2009, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Thank you, and no, don't worry - this is the best place! The wiki page is not up to date, and people will always look here. Could you give any more information about the book that might give people a better idea what it's like or why you'd like to see it recorded?

Fr - j'essayerai; excusez les erreurs: Merci - et ne vous inquietez pas: ecrire ici est meilleur. Le page sur le wiki n'est pas au courant, et tout le monde peut le lire ici. Pouvez-vous nous donner plus d'informations sur ce livre? Pourquoi serait-il interessant ou important a enregistrer? (- c'est pas necessaire de justifier votre choix; c'est juste pour mieux attirer des lecteurs potentiels.)

rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Bienvenue, azaliacc ! :-D

Lire la version originale serait bien sûr possible.

Pour le moment, je n'aurais pas le temps de coordonner le projet en tant que BC (book coordinator) malheureusement.
Mais si cela en intéresse d'autres et que le projet est lancé, je me proposerai comme métacoordinatrice (MC, pour m'occuper du cataloguage).

I would have never thought that someone else would like to record "En famille". It is somewhere on my wish list (which is getting longer and longer so I'll never get to the end of it).
I read it many years ago and don't quite remember the story but I know I enjoyed it (Sans famille as well).

Here's the description from ebooksgratuits (not to be used for a summary in our catalogue as it's not in the PD, unless I'm mistaken):
Une enfant abandonnée, son parcours dans un monde difficile, l'affection pour les animaux, le travail à l'usine, les retrouvailles avec la famille : Perrine, l'héroine, est bien la soeur romanesque de Rémi, le héros de «Sans famille»... A travers son histoire, l'auteur brosse un tableau de la condition ouvrière où s'exprime sa compassion pour les humbles «méritants».

PS : As russiandoll says, posting here was better since Book Suggestions is where we'll be looking up regularly. The wiki page was made to help keep track of all the suggestions. I updated it with this one.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
azaliacc

Post by azaliacc »

Thanks!

As for a description, I can't find a very good one online, so here's a rough idea:

Perrine = daughter of French father, 1/2 Hindu & 1/2 English mother, born in India (this is important....)

Based in 19th century France, we first meet Perrine as she is entering Paris with a sick mother, lying inside their Photography cart. They had travelled from Greece with it as traveling portrait-photographers, in order to earn their way to Maraucourt, France. Perrine's father had died along their way, so the familly's money was dwindling, and Perrine's mother, unable to get proper medicine in time, died in Paris. Perrine then makes her way to Maraucourt, where her father's father owns one of the biggest factories in France. She first joins the factory's workforce, until she is recruited to help her blind grandfather, M. Vulfran, to help translate orders into English. However, as she earns his trust, (under a different name) she realises that he was always against his son marrying Perrine's mother, and had formed a deep hatred against them over the years...

Wordy, but it gets the point accross. The translation in English, Nobody's Girl, is also on gutenberg.com, in the event of missing French-speaking readers/coordinators. I would be able to read a few chapters...
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Bonjour

Moi je serais interessee cpmme lectrice! :D Prevenez.moi si le projet est lance!
Nadine
graigolin

Post by graigolin »

Moi je suis très intéressé comme lecteur. Je suis nouveau et je ne pense pas être déjà en mesure de coordonner mais j'aimerais vraiment lire ça (souvenir très fort de mon enfance :)