LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 7:31 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 9 of 10  [ 138 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: February 9th, 2016, 9:09 am 

Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: MA, USA
katrina91 wrote:
Good day to everybody,

Does anyone need in native russian speaker? It's my pleasure to read something in Russian.

Thanks,
Katrina.
Hello Katrina, welcome to LV! :thumbs:
There are not too many Russian speakers here. Finding a proof-listeners could be a problem. We could help each other.
First you heed to complete your 1-min.test: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Let me know when you post it.
We could talk about a new project -- any ideas?

_________________
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: March 2nd, 2016, 8:17 am 

Joined: August 18th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Posts: 8
Russian speaker here (though with an accent)! My name is Yelena (Lena)
I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: March 2nd, 2016, 8:57 am 

Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: MA, USA
Elenwen wrote:
I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?

Lena, welcome to the LV!
No, we cannot do the Strugatsky brothers -- their work is not in Public Domain. Same for Akhmatova (except her very first collections), sorry. If you wish to record her "Chetki", I'd be glad to help with PL etc.

BTW, LV has a complete set of Pushkin's poems in Russian (https://librivox.org/poemi-alexander-pushkin/).

_________________
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: March 2nd, 2016, 10:41 am 

Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Posts: 1662
Location: Pearl near the Sea
Elenwen wrote:
Russian speaker here (though with an accent)! My name is Yelena (Lena)
I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?


Hello Lena!
There isn't much recorded of Lermontov's works (well, none except the Demon, Poet and Mongo). You can find publications of his works, which are in the PD, here:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28creator%3A%22Lermontov%22%29%20AND%20%28language%3Arus%20OR%20language%3A%22Russian%22%29
The year of the publication should be before 1923.

There are other Russian poets whose works are in the PD but there are few/none in the Librivox catalogue, for example, Gavrila Derzhavin, Fyodor Tyutchev, Afanasy Fet, Konstantin Balmont, Alexander Blok, etc.

If you want to record a short work, you can submit it to the Multilingual Short Works Collection 014 - Poetry & Prose.

_________________
~Nastya
紫猫


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: March 30th, 2016, 7:18 pm 

Joined: December 21st, 2015, 5:29 pm
Posts: 44
Greetings everybody!
Is there a link to where all Russian and Ukrainian language LibriVox recordings are posted on this site? It will help me find material for recording, if I knew what was recorded already.
Thanks in advance for your help

_________________
Maya


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: March 31st, 2016, 1:22 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14452
Hi there Maya! I'm glad to see you want to record something in Russian and/or Ukranian - how exciting!

To find what has been done,
- go to the homepage librivox.org
- go down below the large box where it says "browse catalog"
- on the very right you have "languages" where you get a list of languages we have recordings in.
- Click the ones you want to see for a list of books.

According to this we have 10 books in Ukranian and 63 in Russian.
Good luck!

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com NEW DESIGN!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 1st, 2016, 1:25 pm 

Joined: December 21st, 2015, 5:29 pm
Posts: 44
Thank you, for your response! I will check out the catalog of recorded material.
Meanwhile, if there are any on-going projects, I will be happy to help out.

_________________
Maya


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 1st, 2016, 5:50 pm 

Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: MA, USA
MayaS wrote:
Meanwhile, if there are any on-going projects, I will be happy to help out.
Hello, Maya, and welcome to LV!
As far as I know, there are no ongoing projects in Russian, but I have a few ideas for new projects. What do you have in mind?

_________________
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 3rd, 2016, 4:58 pm 

Joined: December 21st, 2015, 5:29 pm
Posts: 44
Hello Mark,
I was researching a few authors, such as Hayim Bialik, Lev Levanda, David Aizman. However, I am open to any recommendations, you might have.
Have a nice evening.

_________________
Maya


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 4th, 2016, 8:09 am 

Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: MA, USA
MayaS wrote:
Hello Mark,
I was researching a few authors, such as Hayim Bialik, Lev Levanda, David Aizman. However, I am open to any recommendations, you might have.
Have a nice evening.
Hello, Maya,
Interesting research! Good idea! I like promoting less-known authors. :thumbs:

Here at LV, only publications in the Public Domain (PD) are acceptable. If you are residing in the USA and recording in Russian, that basically means published no later than 1922 (regardless of when written or translated). The publication also has to be available on the Web. :hmm:
You can read more at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain#Determining_Public_Domain_Status .

Please let me know when you find what you like, I'd be happy to BC or DPL for you, or help in any other way...

_________________
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2016, 10:44 am 

Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 5:08 am
Posts: 217
I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

If you are okay with my accent I will be glad to contribute. And I'll also try to correct my accent with your help.

_________________
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2016, 12:10 pm 

Joined: January 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: MA, USA
lian2902952 wrote:
I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

If you are okay with my accent I will be glad to contribute. And I'll also try to correct my accent with your help.
Hi Lian, I'd be happy to help. Any specific ideas? What kind of a project you are looking for?

_________________
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2016, 6:27 pm 

Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 5:08 am
Posts: 217
karlkuzmich wrote:
lian2902952 wrote:
I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

If you are okay with my accent I will be glad to contribute. And I'll also try to correct my accent with your help.
Hi Lian, I'd be happy to help. Any specific ideas? What kind of a project you are looking for?


Any project is welcomed

_________________
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 25th, 2016, 1:12 pm 

Joined: January 18th, 2014, 10:33 pm
Posts: 130
Location: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Друзья, я начала долгосрочный (примерно на год) проект по чтению в одиночку "Евгения Онегина", ищу DLP - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61424

_________________
Xenia


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 30th, 2016, 12:29 pm 

Joined: January 18th, 2014, 10:33 pm
Posts: 130
Location: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Dear all, I am still looking for the DPL for Eugenii Onegin read in Russian - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61424&p=1266666#p1266666
Please, join the project - we have plenty of time, but the first chapter has been already waiting for Pl.

_________________
Xenia


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group