Any Russian-speaking readers around?

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

dlolso21 wrote:The DPL for "Ice March" by Roman Gul has communicated that she will not be able to finish the project. The request for PL help can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56084
- - - - -
В DPL для "Лед Марта" Роман Гуль сообщил, что она не сможет завершить работу над проектом. Запрос на PL помочь можно найти здесь. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56084
========
Translating the translation :-) :
DPL "Ледяного Похода" вынуждена покинуть проект. Пожалуйста, помогите закончить: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56084
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
VoiceOftheYellowroom

Post by VoiceOftheYellowroom »

I have a question about recording. Now I have recorded story by Chehov. at beginning of each book sounds kinda intro, that tells about copyriting. should I record the same text or it will be added by LibriVox admin?
Sincerely yours, A.H.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello,

Everything is recorded by the reader. The lead-in (the intro) that you heard is known as a "disclaimer" - a declaration to disclaim any copyright, that is a promise not to demand the right to it. We place all materials created by us here on LibriVox in the public domain ("общественное достояние").

So, again, to answer your question, yes, the disclaimer of rights is recorded along with the rest of the book.

However, if you have already recorded it before being established as a reader, before creating a book project, and so on, we most likely can't use it. You're free to upload it to Archive.org as a recording (or add some kind of video to it and put it on YouTube, for instance).

To record something LV can use, we follow a specific process, where a book is proposed for recording, accepted, the book coordinator (if it's a solo recording, the reader is the book coordinator) creates a project using the template, then the book is adopted for production by one of the Administrators (who thus becomes a Meta Coordinator for that project), and so forth. I think this process is described on our Wiki. Have you seen it?
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

VoiceOftheYellowroom wrote: Now I have recorded story by Chehov.
Welcome to the LV, Voice!
You could offer your Chekhov story for a multilingual collection (viewforum.php?f=19). You could also join a group project to gain some experience (I have openings in my Baratynsky collection, see the link in my signature).
Good luck!
VoiceOftheYellowroom

"Everything is recorded by the reader. The lead-in (the intro) that you heard is known as a "disclaimer" - a declaration to disclaim any copyright, that is a promise not to demand the right to it. We place all materials created by us here on LibriVox in the public domain ("общественное достояние")."

I read everything I need to know on Wiki. My question is the text of the introduction is provided or I can report about refusal of copyright by the own words?
Sincerely yours, A.H.
VoiceOftheYellowroom

Thank you very much! :)
Sincerely yours, A.H.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

:help: FOUND!
Hello, Russian-speakers!

I've finished recording "Огненная Россия" by Алексей Ремизов (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56274)
PL is needed ... It's only about 80 minutes of listening!

Thank you!
zadoroznyeva

Post by zadoroznyeva »

Hi, I am a russian reader. I am thinking about what works to read and also taking suggestions. Is there anything in particular you guys need to record in Russian? If so, please let me know.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

zadoroznyeva wrote:Hi, I am a russian reader. I am thinking about what works to read and also taking suggestions. Is there anything in particular you guys need to record in Russian? If so, please let me know.
Welcome to LV! There is a lot of old books at http://imwerden.de/ , I'd be happy to PL for you.
Currently I need a female reader for my Baratynsky project, the link is below. Would you be interested?
zadoroznyeva

Post by zadoroznyeva »

karlkuzmich wrote: Currently I need a female reader for my Baratynsky project, the link is below. Would you be interested?
Yes, definitely, sign me up! I will be happy if you PL for me. I appreciate your guidance.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

zadoroznyeva wrote:
karlkuzmich wrote: Currently I need a female reader for my Baratynsky project, the link is below. Would you be interested?
Yes, definitely, sign me up! I will be happy if you PL for me. I appreciate your guidance.
Great!
Would you please click that Baratynsky link (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=54393) and take a look at the sections 34 and 38-40, post a claim if you like them. I sent a message to the lady who claimed them long ago, but did not record yet.
zadoroznyeva

Post by zadoroznyeva »

I posted a claim there. I would like to start with section 34. If that turns out ok I might help with the other ones, too.
katrina91

Post by katrina91 »

Good day to everybody,

Does anyone need in native russian speaker? It's my pleasure to read something in Russian.

Thanks,
Katrina.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

katrina91 wrote:Good day to everybody,

Does anyone need in native russian speaker? It's my pleasure to read something in Russian.

Thanks,
Katrina.
Hello Katrina, welcome to LV! :thumbs:
There are not too many Russian speakers here. Finding a proof-listeners could be a problem. We could help each other.
First you heed to complete your 1-min.test: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Let me know when you post it.
We could talk about a new project -- any ideas?
Elenwen

Post by Elenwen »

Russian speaker here (though with an accent)! My name is Yelena (Lena)
I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?