Any Russian-speaking readers around?

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Так как это короткий рассказ, Вы можете записать его для сборника Multilingual Short Works Collection 012 - Poetry & Prose. Это сборник коротких рассказов и стихов на разных языках. Единственное, на сайте, ссылку которого Вы указали, не написано из публикации какого года был взят данный текст. Книги, напечатанные за пределами США, должны быть опубликованны до 1922 года, чтобы быть общественным достоянием в США.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

I found the following site which has this story
http://imwerden.de/cat/modules.php?name=books&pa=showbook&pid=693

I'd like to ask someone who is good with copyright laws:
on the site, the link of which I gave above, it is said: "Made according to the publication of year 1875 with the correction of typographical errors according to the publication of year 1917. Edition prepared Dmitry Savelyev. Preserved the original spelling."
Is it in the PD then as it was made by two PD publications?
~Anastasiia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Is there any Creative Commons license anywhere on the page, or any other text that restricts it?

In general, this shouldn't be a problem. Even Gutenberg sometimes uses multiple editions to prepare a text. And the editions you quoted are both pre-1922, so they're both PD in their original forms. The question is whether the text preparer slapped a new copyright or restriction on it himself.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Thank you for your answer, Tricia. Then I think it can't be used as there is something like "For visitors - for educational purposes and for literary discussions."

Luiza, I haven't got any luck in finding a PD version yet. I came across this book
https://archive.org/details/knigadliadiete00tols
Maybe you'll find something in it you'd want to read.
~Anastasiia
luizakarimova

Post by luizakarimova »

Thank you, Nastya! It's a wonderful book! I'll try to record something!
luizakarimova

Post by luizakarimova »

I suggest to record a short story "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man" ("Сон смешного человека") by F.M. Dostoevsky! Is it short too?
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

luizakarimova wrote:I suggest to record a short story "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man" ("Сон смешного человека") by F.M. Dostoevsky! Is it short too?
That's great! I thought of recording it for a long time. If you want feel free to do it. And it will be easier with Dostoevsky than Tolstoy. There are a lot of PD versions in archive.org. We only need to find a volume with this story in it.

I think it is short (~7286 words). It will be near an hour. But as it is divided into parts, I think the story is better to be recorded in, for example, two files. I did the same with Lermontov's Demon (though it is a bit sorter).
~Anastasiia
luizakarimova

Post by luizakarimova »

Oh! It's very hard to find a PD version of the text. In archive.org there are works by Dostoevsky, but not in russian.
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

luizakarimova wrote:Oh! It's very hard to find a PD version of the text. In archive.org there are works by Dostoevsky, but not in russian.
No, there are some in Russian. Their titles are written in transliteration. I'll look for the story.
~Anastasiia
luizakarimova

Post by luizakarimova »

Hello, Nastya! You are right! There are some, but not "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man". :(
It's a pity. But I found another works. I want to read "A Nasty Story" (Russian: Скверный анекдот).
And tell me, please, how can I know if some text is enough for "going solo"?
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

luizakarimova wrote:Hello, Nastya! You are right! There are some, but not "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man". :(
It's a pity. But I found another works. I want to read "A Nasty Story" (Russian: Скверный анекдот).
And tell me, please, how can I know if some text is enough for "going solo"?
I think if you choose a couple of stories you can start a solo.
~Anastasiia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

If you did not notice yet, I started a big collection of Baratynsky poetry and prose. Please join me (see the link in my signature)!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
PavelIakovlev

Post by PavelIakovlev »

Hi all,

I'm a new member of librivox.org and I'm a native Russian speaker. I'd love to record "Extracts From Adam's Diary" by Mark Twain in Russian. This is my favorite book and it's short enough to take it as a solo project. Is there anybody who can guide me, how to begin?

Thanks!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

PavelIakovlev wrote:... I'd love to record "Extracts From Adam's Diary" by Mark Twain in Russian...Is there anybody who can guide me, how to begin?
Welcom, Pavel! I'd be happy to help you.
First, find a translation that was published no later than 1922 and available on the web -- otherwise it's against the Librivox rules (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain).
Also, perform a 1-minute recording test (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test)
Good luck!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

The DPL for "Ice March" by Roman Gul has communicated that she will not be able to finish the project. The request for PL help can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56084

- - - - -

В DPL для "Лед Марта" Роман Гуль сообщил, что она не сможет завершить работу над проектом. Запрос на PL помочь можно найти здесь. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56084