Stories of the Rhine, chapter 2

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Hi,

I've been trying to cut a podcast track using Stories of the Rhine, Chapter 2 (The draught of fishes). It was weird that my recording kept speeding itself up, but I think it could be that I was recording in 16bit/44100Hz and the file seems to be in floating 32 bit/22050Hz, so that to compensate, my recordings have been overlaid at double rate.

It sounds fine if you aren't working with it, though.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The 64kbps files are derived to 22050 Hz.

Are you talking of the 128kbps file?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Timothy Ferguson

I'm not sure - I may have pulled the wrong file to work on.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Timothy Ferguson wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:32 am Hi,

I've been trying to cut a podcast track using Stories of the Rhine, Chapter 2 (The draught of fishes). It was weird that my recording kept speeding itself up, but I think it could be that I was recording in 16bit/44100Hz and the file seems to be in floating 32 bit/22050Hz, so that to compensate, my recordings have been overlaid at double rate.

Out of curiosity, what's the podcast you're using it for?
Timothy Ferguson

flavo5000 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 3:04 pm
Timothy Ferguson wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:32 am Hi,

Out of curiosity, what's the podcast you're using it for?
Oh, my own. It's called "Games From Folktales". It's about using folktale elements as plot hooks in tabletop roleplaying games, mostly Ars Magica and Magonomia, which are the ones I've written for. I haven't published this episode yet, but I was looking at King Gabrinus as the mythical inventor of beer, and this is a lovely variant that suits the Ars Magica game. Faeries in it feed off the creativity of humans, so Gabrinus's collecting of artwork fits.