[Resolved] SSF 073 Track 5

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

This has been recorded with a well-known text to speech program. I thought we only did human voice?

Added later. I mean "Example" by Tom Pace.
Last edited by Timothy Ferguson on February 25th, 2022, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You are correct. We do not accept text to speech recordings. Can you tell us which program you think was used in this case? The PLer obviously didn't pick up on it if this is the case.
Jo
Timothy Ferguson

I thought it was a ClipChat voice usesd by YouTube memers, but I can't confirm it (ClipChat is now Microsoft Azure).

I mean... just listen to it and you'll knobthat humans don't inflrct like that.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh yes, I know that voice - pretty busy on all sorts of youtube videos.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

... and the reader only posted that once on the forum. A joke? Malice?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Or he (we can't even be sure of that!) didn't bother learning anything about us and our mission. Never ascribe to malice... etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a student from whereever, who thought he could get out of the latest class assignment quick and easy.

I wish at least their professors would bother learning something about us and our mission before sending their students here because they are too lazy coming up with decent homework. :evil:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Well, as the proof listener, I was completely snookered. The file is replaced now with one from me. I'll listen to this voice to see if I can catch it if another file like it comes in.
But you know, if there is any suitable place for a robot to narrate a story, it is the scifi collection. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Timothy Ferguson

No worries Algy: I think its because I've heard it read too many ads and memes on Youtube that it stuck out. The newest ones are even better than this.