The Burglar's Club, section 10 [FIXED]

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
zachh

Post by zachh »

There are at least a couple of spots in the file where there is an insertion of a chunk of text from elsewhere in the recording, which breaks in and out in mid-word. I haven't heard this kind of thing before, it sounds like maybe something got garbled when the recording was moved to Archive, or something. One is in the latter half of minute 15, the other is right at the beginning of minute 18. I think there may have been another one earlier but I didn't go back that far on the computer to try to find it. Maybe the reader or the MC might have access to the original file. I hope this is the right place and way to post about this kind of thing.

https://librivox.org/the-burglars-club-by-henry-augustus-hering/
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I was hoping this might just have been a download issue, but streaming the file from the catalog page, I hear what you are describing. The reader hasn't been on the forums since March.
Jo
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you for checking. I was hoping for a download issue too, so before I posted I went and listened to the catalog page. When I first heard the interruptions I was in the workshop gluing bits of wood together and wasn't able to check the times because both hands were occupied.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

We are working on fixing the file. Thanks again for reporting this.
Jo